Author Topic: What do you guys do to keep busy in China?  (Read 5560 times)

Offline shaun

Re: What do you guys do to keep busy in China?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 11:10:07 am »
You hit a ball as far as you can, go and find it and hit it again and repeat the process for about 4 miles or so.  Plus you need a few loud mouths along the way shouting 'In The Hole'!

I've been hearing that for years but not always during golf.

But then this game was invented in Scotland - need I say more? 

Golf most of the times is an exercise in trying to be a good husband to a western woman.  Let me explain a little.

When a man tee's off he puts the ball on a tee in the grass.  He tries to select the perfect spot on the mound, he tries to place the ball at the perfect height.  The the man squares himself to be in perfect alignment to the ball to maximize the best hit possible.  The golfer make a few practice swings.  If it feels right he moves up a few inches and swings at the ball.  In the golfers mind he see's a perfect connection with the ball and listens for that ping.  He visualizes taking a beautiful arc up in the air about 100 - 200 feet and making a perfect land in the center of the fairway 250 - 300 yards up.

Unfortunately when he hits the ball instead of hearing the ping he hears a crashing thud, the ball shoots off to the left, called a hook, heading for dense woods.  It rises above the trees the drops and disappears behind the trees.  After looking for 15 minutes you find your ball close to 100 others somewhat buried in a small patch of dirt with grass up to 3 feet tall and a 5 foot tree stump inline with the green.

Now: Talking to a western woman.  You know what you want to say to her, you've crafted the words in your mind for hours, you find the perfect moment, in the perfect place.  You take a couple of practice comments at it and the tell her what was on your mind.   You think it will sail perfectly to her ears but when you speak it to her it doesn't sound exactly right and it gets twisted somewhere between your mouth and her ears.  The she misunderstands what you are trying to say because after all you aren't prince charming and gets very angry with you.

So you see golf is the perfect game to practice before you talk with a western woman.

You know come to think of it this happens with a Chinese woman too when you sing translators.  Example:  You ask your lovely wife to give the dog a bath.  You type it into your trusty translator.  She reads; Would you lick a live pig?  ;D

Willy.  Are you kidding me?  Golf is from Scotland?  No wonder the sport is so aggravating.  ::)

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 04:06:41 pm »
Rhonald,  "If you are offended by foul language you might want to skip[sic] duck this..snicker..

Are you QUACKING with me?  smile

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 07:55:39 pm »

Willy.  Are you kidding me?  Golf is from Scotland?  No wonder the sport is so aggravating.  ::)

Exactly!  What more did I need to say. ::)

By the way Hong Kong Open starts this week.

I will be certainly watching that. NOT I think!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 07:40:30 am »
DISAPPOINTED TO READ THIS COMMENT :o :o

If it had not been for the Scotsman, you would not have PENICILLIN...TELEVISION...RAILROADS...and MANY MANY MORE INVENTIONS..
Considering the size of OUR nation, the Scots are in the TOP TEN NATIONS THAT HAS INVENTED THINGS FOR THIS WORLD..I am almost sure the Chinese lead the way !!!!! :D :D :D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 08:49:13 am »

If it had not been for the Scotsman, you would not have PENICILLIN...

but if it wasn't for Scotsman we wouldn't need PENICIL......... never-mind I can't finish this post. I like Scottish Robbie too much to take a cheap "shot" like this
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 10:04:47 am »

but if it wasn't for Scotsman we wouldn't need PENICIL......... never-mind I can't finish this post. I like Scottish Robbie too much to take a cheap "shot" like this

hahahahaha

« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:06:31 am by Scottish_Robbie »
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline shaun

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 11:40:28 am »
Rob, you know we love you.  :o  Dude!

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 12:08:56 pm »
haha I know shaun ;D ;D ;D

Arnold

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 12:21:51 pm »
haha I know shaun ;D ;D ;D

Well , I for one wouldn't use the word "Love" that loosely ! haha Let's say , we like this ole Scottish Mate . Looks like Shaun got some Translator practice from his Agency . ???

Offline shaun

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 07:03:19 pm »
I plead innocent...  Except for the name it is a line from a movie...  just don't ask what movie.  ;D

• Board Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 09:56:49 pm »
People often ask me what I do all day. Do I need to find something else to keep busy in China!

I have an online music website that allows me to live in China . But I then started a couple of projects with my Scottish Pal, the author in the making, the mighty Robbie, or Robert the Brute as they call him in Glasgow.

We now have The UK Wedding Guide running and a Wedding Speech writing service ( Wordsmith Robbie writes a cracking wedding speech and I expect he could do it in ping yin as well). 

In the past 6 months I built a website for a new entertainment agency and  between Rob and myself we started contacting entertainers and we now represent some 150 acts, bands and gospel choirs who we seek to book out for Weddings. ( Not sure what we will do with 6 Abba tribute bands but hopefully will find engagements for them all in due course!)

We only officially started the service this Monday but have already provided quotes for Gospel choir and evening entertainments for some ten or more weddings.  AND yesterday we  received our first confirmed booking last night. With my phone transferred to China we now offer an almost 24 hour support service.

This piece is just to get our url on a forum as Google likes that its at http://www.cornerstoneentertainments.com

If that was not enough then I have been negotiating with a local company to assist them with sales and marketing of their light and chandelier products into Europe and beyond.   Yesterday they asked me if I would spend a few days with them to get things up and running and check out their English translations etc. 

So you ask me what I do all day.  Well ! do sometimes have time have time for  the three S's.  Shave, Shower and Supper. Hmm! should that be 4 S's or even 5?

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 09:59:42 pm »
if you give me a couple of days, I will write a speech in Pin Yin and simplified chinese and post for you to read ;D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:03:35 pm by Scottish_Robbie »

• Board Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 10:05:34 pm »
Robbie. Most of the men on here have too many personal trials to go through already. Please dont add to it. ;D ;D ;D

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner