Author Topic: How Long Before I Go??  (Read 3360 times)

Scottish_Rob

How Long Before I Go??
« on: May 31, 2009, 07:00:11 pm »
Hi guy's as you all  probably know, I am going to Qingdao in November, and I realize this is only just going into June, however, My question is:
1. When should I try to get my certificate of  no impediment....
I am sure there were other questions I wanted to ask, please be patient with me thanks guy's...:):):)

Paul Todd

RE: How Long Before I Go??
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 07:41:57 pm »
Hi Rob.
Once the certificate of no impediment has been authenticated by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office  its valid for six months from the date of legalisation. I would start the ball rolling soon my friend. I think it takes two weeks for the FCO to do their bit{by post} cost 28 pounds plus postage. Contact the General Register Office office or diy it, up to you:D

Offline Peter

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 10:18:17 am »
I don't know if it is the same rules in UK as in Sweden but we in Sweden have to send the documents to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate to get the authorized before they will accept them in China..
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 04:24:33 pm »
Thanks for the help guys I will look into it now I know I have some spare time to address the situation.:)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 12:34:00 pm »
Takes the bloody government here six months..there will be no spur of the moment marriage for me next visit!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 12:37:03 pm »
Quote from: 'Paul Todd' pid='4489' dateline='1243813317'

Hi Rob.
Once the certificate of no impediment has been authenticated by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office  its valid for six months from the date of legalisation. I would start the ball rolling soon my friend. I think it takes two weeks for the FCO to do their bit{by post} cost 28 pounds plus postage. Contact the General Register Office office or diy it, up to you:D

You know I was wondering about this bit, I mean is it a standard form that needs to be translated into Chinese and signed by a notary such as a Commissionaire of Oaths which I could then take to the Chinese Embassy here instead of waiting for the Irish government to stop their knuckle dragging slowness?
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Peter

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 03:56:35 pm »
I am almost done with the documents now.. It took just 3 weeks from I started. Today I went to the Chinese Consulate in Gothenburg and left my documents to them.. I will go there on Friday to pick them up again.. Just 3 days at the Consulate.. very quick I guess.. The total cost will be under 50 Euro if I leave out the fuel for my car..
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Paul Todd

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 05:35:35 pm »
CNI, This is a sample DIY document for Uk guy's,not sure if it would be very different in an Eu country.
On a single piece of A4 paper type the document [Centre]

STATUTORY DECLARATION

I, YOUR NAME of YOUR ADDRESS

DO SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE as follows:-

My full name is YOUR NAME
My date of birth is YOUR DATE OF BIRTH and my place of birth is YOUR PLACE OF BIRTH.
My nationality is British and my passport number is YOUR PASSPORT NUMBER.
My full and permanent address is YOUR PERMANENT ADDRESS United Kingdom.
I am permanently resident in the UK and have lived in the UK all of my life. (if not true, then explain other countries of residence)
I am currently a YOUR OCCUPATION (stating if self or employed).
I was previously married to NAME OF PREVIOUS WIFE but was divorced on DATE OF DECREE ABSOLUTE as shown on the certified copy of the decree absolute attached hereto. I remain divorced to this day.
The section above is relevant if you are divorced. If you have never been married then delete this whole section. If you are a widower then replace section with:
I was previously married to NAME OF PREVIOUS WIFE AS SHOWN ON DEATH CERTIFICATE but she passed away on DATE OF DEATH ON DEATH CERTIFICATE as shown on the certified copy of the Death certificate attached hereto. I remain a widower to this day.

I am single, free to marry and know of no legal impediment to my marrying.

AND I make this solemn Declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true.

SIGNED AND DECLARED at

By

on

Before me

Leave the SIGNED and DECLARED section clear. Your notary will advise you where to sign.

Take this Statutory Declaration (unsigned) including your Passport, Birth Certificate, proof of occupation and address in the form of utility bills. The decree absolute divorce paper or death certificate to your chosen notary for witnessing and signing.

Maybe you could fax them a copy, just to make sure it's in line with Irish law before you head off to the notary's office or get them to draft it for you! As ever there will be a cost! It's got to be faster than 6 months!:D

A quote from the Chinese embassy in London "All applications can be submitted in person or through a courier, but a power of attorney of the applicant is required. Application by post is not accepted" You also need to download an application form. Only takes 5 days,cost under 30 pounds.
I don't know about the Irish side of things but us lucky Uk guys also need a "notice of intention to marry"

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 05:46:57 pm »
Just had my self declared no impediment document Notarised on Monday.  The Notary only wanted to see my Passport to prove who I was and a Gas Bill to prove my residence.  He took copy of both documents as he said the Foreign and Commonwealth legalisation office in Milton Keynes often called him for confirmation.   He did not need to see my birth certificate as he said my passport was sufficient.  

Willy the Londonder
Quote from: 'Paul Todd' pid='4666' dateline='1243978535'

I don't know about the Irish side of things but us lucky Uk guys also need a "notice of intention to marry"

Am I missing a document in my paperwork  - 'what is a notice of intention to marry'?

Willy the Londoner
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 05:55:10 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Paul Todd

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 06:46:49 pm »
Hi Willy,
Sorry mate I'm confusing myself here, easily done these days! The "notice of intention to marry" is only if you want to get your CNI issued in China. It has to be displayed there for 21 days before you get it. Sorry once again, I hope it all goes well for you:D
Could you please keep us updated with your progress through this, I for one am very interested as I'll be following in your footsteps in the next few weeks.Thanks
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:54:26 pm by Paul Todd »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 02:27:44 am »
Quote from: 'Paul Todd' pid='4742' dateline='1244069209'

Hi Willy,
Sorry mate I'm confusing myself here, easily done these days! The "notice of intention to marry" is only if you want to get your CNI issued in China. It has to be displayed there for 21 days before you get it. Sorry once again, I hope it all goes well for you:D
Could you please keep us updated with your progress through this, I for one am very interested as I'll be following in your footsteps in the next few weeks.Thanks

Now living in Zhuhai and I expect to be married before this month is out.  Just arranging to have my certificate of no impedent and I statutory declaration translated in Chinese then there is nothing stopping us.  

Have a brilliant two bedroom apartment ( show the photos of the housing site soon) All is going well but will let you know if the final steps go as smoothly.

Anyone travelling Hong Kong and catching the ferry to their port - it is so simple and very convenient and the ferry company go and reclaims your luggage from the incoming flight and takes it to the ferry and it is waiting for you when you arrive in the destination port.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,