Author Topic: Please explain the K-3 situation?  (Read 1297 times)

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
Please explain the K-3 situation?
« on: January 03, 2012, 12:15:17 am »
Robert Snell..., so if i were to marry Miss Wuhan during the summer in China on a K-3....does it freeze the clock on her daughter's birthdate?  I believe her daughter is born in early Fall.  There is no way I can do a K-1 and get her in under the bd, if I have understood things correctly.  Just checking options before I consider what works.

On one of the posts that Robert did he stated doing a K-1 and using the 129F to freeze the clock.  Can someone explain the nuances of how to freeze the clock on her birthdate so that she doesn't become ineligible.  Little confused.

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
Re: Please explain the K-3 situation?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 04:07:30 am »
Robert, thanks for your expertise.  Talked to an immigration attorney and he said the same as you.  Also he informed me to forget about K-3 visa since it was eliminated less than a year ago.  I smell doom on this front.

I have told her there is no way I am flying there and starting a K-1 process until I really know who she is and she knows me.  I need a marriage disaster like I need another hole in my head.  I don't think I could get to know her with one visit and 2 months of emails.  Call me chicken but I'm too old to be so ignorant of rushing through something as important as life partner selection.

So, this fine lady...and she is in my opinion is gone for me.  Concentrating on Miss Beijing now.