Author Topic: The debate over Proteus  (Read 5537 times)

Vince G

RE: The debate over Proteus
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 07:52:12 am »
Toon, Good luck with that. I hope there are not to many people that live near you. It wears on you when people point and laugh.

Vince G

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 09:37:10 am »
Don't misunderstand me. I am not saying the situation is funny. I am predicting what others will surmise. No matter what the story is, others always get stuck on one part of it. Mail Order Bride.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 10:29:04 am »
I agree with everything Paul said.  No need to say it again.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2009, 10:44:13 am »
Whatever became of our humble Proteous. Really enjoyed the sparring as well as useful information he was giving. From the space of the amount of time he's gone MIA I'm pretty sure he or she is out of here. Sometimes good things must come to an end. I do however have doubts to who this person really was. Lately, I've been meeting up with girls that are translators and actual girls from Chnlove and I've learned some interesting things about the goings on with the game. Don't want go into too much detail because too many people on any and all forums with mixed agendas. If anyone wanted specifics pm me and I'll give you the skinny. Not to get off topic yet don't want to forget. Lately, I've been toying with the idea of spending my remaining 45 credits that I've had for the last 7 months. Been sending cupid notes to 27-36 yr olds, starting to see a pattern here, if it's bait the agency replies back with the lady does not find you suitable and wishes you luck in your search. You see I caused untold problems for Chnlove and the bad agencies so once the bad agency sees my cupid they want to play it off that this woman is real and actually looking for her soulmate. I've uncovered a lot of deception through the agencies I've dealt with, not saying they're all bad yet this seems to be a classic, having eye candy to draw in the guys thinking it is real. Noticed quite a few of the agencies have scaled it down quite a bit and more profiles actually appear to be legit as of late. I'm going back to my Chnlove account and will post these suspected phoney profiles for all to see and be forwarned about. Yes, I realize I seem paranoid yet that doesn't negate that people are actually out to rip the brothers off. Paranoia is nothing but heightened awareness.
China Shark Mike
Here are two I'm pretty sure are bait. P5081698  Shelley Xie  and P5082720 Lulu Zhou. If the agency is sending letters for the lady pretty sure it is a plant, ringer, whatever you want to call it. Have another one yet want to be totally sure before I post it.
China Shark Mike
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 11:37:18 am by China Shark »
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 06:53:50 pm »
Hi all

I was also wondering what happened to "proteus"...I was hoping that he/she would shed some serious light on all the questions I read here that we all can only theorise about the answers. I have read so many posts here as a newbie of 3 days standing that my eyes are about to fall out! What seems to be the overriding concern is the whole issue of how much, if any CHNLove is complicit in any/all of the discovered scams.
It leads me to wonder, what percentage of the total CHNLove client base (us guys) are here on this excellent site. If we are beginning to represent a fairly large "critical mass" of the total client base, then it would be smart play for CHNL to "plant" Proteus to attempt to pacify this group. I deal with many Chinese Companies/People in my Business and whatever else they are they are MASTERS of making money !!! Anything that threatens this objective gets dealt with quickly and ruthlessly.
Generally, they would do things to make money that we would never countenence in the West...but, it is not right to criticise..it is normal to them and just one of the many cultural differences...the fine line between ethics and deceit. CHNL maybe makes lots of emf money out of many guys who dont know about this forum and who keep blindly falling into the old traps (I was one of them until a few days ago)
If this forum gets to be a biger and bigger part of their total client base(lets hope) then we have got the lever to change things.

David5o

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2009, 07:12:46 pm »
All i will say on the debate, is that Proteus was almost definitely from Hong Kong. very articulate, lack of Americanism's, and general way of putting things across.
Never gave much away either, I didn't expect him to give his name or an agency name ...like some here wanted him to do.

Everything was in the whole, a little too general, what he did give,  he could have been what and who, he said he was, or as some suspect, a plant or fact finder..... I think he left quite happy!! knowing,   ......Confusion reigns!!!

David....
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 09:51:04 am by David5o »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2009, 09:44:18 am »
Quote from: 'sameldrum1' pid='9732' dateline='1248435673'

Second, after visiting an actual agency this month and talking to a translator, I am sorry to say that I do not believe our group constitutes a significant amount of men on the Chnlove site...they have men coming out the ears writing to Chinese women.
Scott

This is my feeling as well. I hope we can make a difference, but I don't think as yet, that we are the irresistible force meeting the immovable object.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Vince G

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2009, 10:32:18 am »
At the time we are only 1%. We are growing. But what they are doing is not so much a worry of us but to keep the negative posts down as much as possible. Because they are here forever and they know it.