Author Topic: The debate over Proteus  (Read 5535 times)

Martin

The debate over Proteus
« on: June 01, 2009, 06:18:48 pm »
I would like all debate over Proteus to be held in this thread, so we can leave the other thread open to all other questions.  I will delete non questions posts from that thread.

Vince G

RE: The debate over Proteus
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 06:54:43 pm »
So why do some of you think there is an alternative motive? I'll assume it's a guy. He's here on his own and wanting to help. As he reads any posts he will see where we're coming from. I know of another forum that is aggressive with any posters there. I don't want to see this forum that way.

Martin

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 07:23:04 pm »
I agree with your last sentence Vince.  This is why I opened a new thread, that was separate from that one.  I know some of our pfishy friends are over here...but this forum is not going to go the way that theirs has gone.  We are trying to get answers, and do it in a non aggressive kind of way.

To be honest, when I read some of the threads that followed his original post, I started to get the feeling that we were a bunch of school children here.  I understand the frustration, but a translator is an employee of an agency...not chnlove.

And if this is someone from chnlove, then I personally welcome them, as maybe, through reading some of our posts, they will be able to create an even better company, for the men that will come behind us.

Vince G

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 07:35:01 pm »
I know this forum started from men helping other men get a general understanding, get answers, ask questions. It has grown into having to hear the problems of some and having others learn from it. Keeping it real. Just like hearing the mens point of view and opinions, I would like and interested in hearing the translators view and opinions.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 09:13:30 pm »
When I first started reading Proteus (lets call him he) I assumed (very possibly wrongly) that he is/was a plant from Chnlove, however, one thing I have noticed, and that is 'he' seems to be opening up in his answers, let's us not forget, not all or everything he tells us, will suit all our members, there will be some that agree and there will be those who still see something wrong.

In his last reply, he sort of implies that what Vince says about 18/19 year old's is true, that they are there for eye candy.  For an employee to state this, would, I imagine, put their job in jeopardy, if he is a plant I don't think he would reply like that.  But on the other side of the coin???  We have all got to remember that not all the agencies are trying to scam us, there only hast to be 'one bad apple' and they all get tainted with the same brush.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:20:12 pm by Scottish_Rob »

Offline maxx

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 11:26:31 pm »
I think it is good Proteus is posting here.I wasn't to happy with it at first.But I'm ok with it now.I think he does need to have a look at the other threads and give us his take on it.A different point of view

Arnold

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 11:38:16 pm »
Martin , thanks for starting this Thread . You Guy's know already how I feel about Proteus . We can not waste an opportunity to have / get  insight's of an Translator , if Man or Woman , that should make no difference . About the 18 / 19 year old's , that they were Eye Candy , was not hard to figure out from the very beginning . Those Girl just came out of School and started to work most likely at some Restaurant or being a Clerk with we have Millions in China . But the two things that makes this very unlikely for them to be serious ... one being still young and her Parent's are not going to dish out $ 1000's of dollar's for their "Girl" that she still is . Second , no chinese Parent is going to let their young daughter go to another Country before finishing at a higher School then middle school . Some  of the Agencies might get away with scamming some of the younger ones here ( under 25 ) maybe , but not the older and wiser here . Anyhow , who would look for a Child to marry that's over 30 ? That is when I draw the line , about the maximum 15 year difference rule . This rule applies between a Woman and a Man in my Mind . Not a Child and a Pervert.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 11:41:32 pm by Arnold »

Vince G

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 11:48:26 pm »
Arnold I guess I'm not a pervert? First of all at 19 she is the age of my younger daughter. Second I think I know enough that it wouldn't last more then one day. I put up with my daughter cause I have too. ;)  But the new posted profiles had these two right next to each other 18 & 19. The first thing I thought of was why? they can't marry (to young) so why are they on a marriage site? No matter the guys age, I hope they see this as a trap. I also wonder some if these girls did sign up? and why? Only interested for research reasons. :P

Spruik

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 12:49:10 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='4596' dateline='1243914506'

But the new posted profiles had these two right next to each other 18 & 19. The first thing I thought of was why? they can't marry (to young) so why are they on a marriage site? No matter the guys age, I hope they see this as a trap. I also wonder some if these girls did sign up? and why? Only interested for research reasons. :P

Suggests to me that Chnlove allows scamming... more evidence we should be on our guards, guys.

Anyway, I am in a whinging mood today... :D

Offline maxx

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 12:49:24 am »
I'm like Vince.I always wonderd why the girls 18 and 19 signed up.Because it is alot of money.

Arnold

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 01:05:14 am »
Well , I admit that I checked out their Profile , but that is how far it's  got . Then you wonder ??? Why , howcome ???

Vince bringing up your 19 year old daugther , thought I tell you a little about my Brother . He has a 19 year old daughter and now after divorcing has himself a 18 year old going on nineteen . He's 48 , but do I mind ? No .. not really , because it's not me . How could I ever show my Face anywhere , with both of them present ? We are living with all kind's . But he's still my brother and love him as such .

Arnold

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 01:16:13 am »
You got the right idea , Toon .
That's is what I did to find my Wife . Never a Cubid Note , send her a long letter right from the beginning and it work quite well . hehehe
A Cubid note sound's so impersonal , get down and open your Heart to the one that caught your Eye and hope for it to bloosom into something more than a return letter from the Translator .
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 01:16:58 am by Arnold »

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 01:34:33 am »
She's 19 with a bachelor's degree and she's a dance coach.  1+1 really does add up to 3.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline China Shark

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 02:06:33 am »
I say we see what this person has to say. I think he or she is a public relations guy or gal trying to bandage all the collateral damage that has been done to Chnlove as well as the agencies lately. This forum is killing thier bottom line and they are scrambling to sway our opinion back in thier favor. We are not the gullible group of guys we were 6 months ago trusting that we are being treated properly. Whatever the reason I am really curious to what he or she has to say about what I posted on his or her thread. I have irrefutable evidence of wrongdoing on Chnlove as well as the agencies. Been around for a bit and have uncovered a lot of outright criminal fraudulent behavior and I want answers. Thank you Martin for creating this thread otherwise I would have not been prompted to even read Proteuse's propoganda thread. The jury is still out until I see some sign of good faith on his or her part. I have a great idea, we should set up a meet with me in Shenzhen and I'll verify if this person is who they say they are. I personally don't buy it, seems like more deception to cover thier tracks, to save face and future revenue. The loss of trust translates into big dollars to them. Recoup before it really starts to affect the businesses. Yes, I maybe overly paranoid yet that doesn't negate the fact of what is really going on. Too many red flags to ignore anymore. If I am wrong I will publiclly apologize on the official forum as well as this one. Everyone on here knows China Shark Mike from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who currently resides in Nashan, Shenzhen China. See Proteus there is my sign of good faith, now show me yours.
China Shark Mike

PS See Sharks do excist in China
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Vince G

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 08:51:58 am »
In reality that girls real reply is more of, while texting "Huh" "yeah" "Whatevverr"

When I go to NY and see my daughters I am always aware if some might think it's my girlfriend? When out for dinner and such. I haven't even seen a second look (but that's NY) but I'm always ready with "She's my daughter" reply incase.

Shark? What's the matter with you? "they are scrambling to sway our opinion back in thier favor" I don't see this at all? Like I said in another post, lets not get nasty and basically attack because of postings. Lets hear what he or they have to say first. Swaying us will never happen. But I would like to see these rumors dead and buried.