Author Topic: This stuff is breaking me heart, mates!!  (Read 3667 times)

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
This stuff is breaking me heart, mates!!
« on: January 26, 2012, 09:16:46 pm »
I booked my ticket to go to Beijing and then down to Haidan.  Her daughter was home and speaks good english.  I was going over some of the typical questions that are important like, "Do you have any health issues"?

Her response scared the ever living begeezus out of me.  She told me she has heart palpitations for the last 20 years.  Does not need any medications for it.  Her daughter said mama feels tired alot.  Her doctors told her not to exercise because it brings on the palpitations.  I don't know if you guys remember.  I am the guy who buried is 37year old wife in the frozen tundra of Russia due to breast cancer.  I am more than a little sensitive to health issues.

I dig this lady.  She is humble, shy, dignified, and just wonderful personality.  We agreed to go someplace warm so we picked Hainan.  After tickets are booked I find out about the heart issue.  I am so concerned about this development.  I am trying not to freak out.

I never walked away from a fight.  I never left my wife's side in her troubles.  But to tell you the truth I don't know what to do about this development.  Guys, what is your thinking?

1.  If i have to bail what will happen with my China Air tickets that I bought?  Will I just lose some of it or all
      of it?
2.  How will this thing impact her medical examination?  Can they prevent her immigration if it is only a minor
     problem with her heart?
3.  Is it feasible for me to ask her to get a real medical examine...of course i would pay all costs?

My streak of interesting stories continues...haven't a dull day in almost 2 months.  Is this normal for these intrigues while searching out a companion?

Offline Scottish_Robbie

Re: This stuff is breaking me heart, mates!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 09:42:33 pm »
2hip, you've been through 'taking' care of your Russian wife, so your NOT one to walk away.

Heart palpatations does not mean something ids seeriously wrong, as her daughter mentions Mama is tired a lot, could be other reasons for these happenings, for example, work could be too heavy for her, or she smokes too much. In my opinion, just don't jump the gun too fast. With NOT having to take medication for it, tells you her doctor doesn't think it's serious.

I get palpatations when I get excited or stressed out or lift anything thats too heavy.  Sorrymate I dont know about the other questions you asked maybe one of the brothers can help with these.

I would say however, let her take things easy, she has had this condition for 20 years
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Arnold

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 09:58:21 pm »
I will agree what Rob said. Don't jump the Gun and just call an end to this fine Lady. This could really make her status even worse and think .. you'd be to blame. Well you know what I mean by that. She needs a GOOD examination in the west by "REAL" doctors and go from there. Be a Man ( I know you are, sticking it out with your late Wife), so go and see this Woman face to face and..then make a more honest/better choice.
My two Euro's worth.

Offline maxx

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 10:32:05 pm »
I'm going to go with Arnold and Rob.Make the trip see whats really up.My guess at this point and time.Something has ben lost in translation.Sometimes Chinese doe's not translate to English.Whatever she has got doesn't sound like it effects her to much.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 11:18:54 pm »

Palpitations is no problem. She has had it for 20 years and probably longer.  I have had them for more than 40 years and still around.

Tiredness. You know just how much these women work in a day. My wife rarely stops to sit down. When she does she sleeps.

If you like her stick with her.   You be pleased that you did.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 03:27:18 am »
OK...here is a subject I CAN speak about with some knowlege...

Heart Palpitations are almost always various forms of RAF...or "Rapid Atrial Fibrillation" They are only felt in the chest as "flutterings" and not pain. Episodes of RAF can be associated with feelings of tiredness and lethargy, these usually pass within 24 hours of the episode ceasing, or as they say "reverting" back to a normal Sinus Heart Rythm.

In themselves RAF episodes are not in any way life threatening, they dont know what causes it , except that it is likely due to some genetic imbalance in the electrical wiring of your ticker.

Doctors are reluctant to prescribe drugs for this complaint as they usually fix themselves within 4 hours of an episode. The majot risk is an RAF episode that goes on for more than 24 hours...there is a certain amount of turbulence in the blood flow in the heart during these episodes, and prolongued turbulence can, in rare instances result in a blood clot forming which IS obviously life threatening.

I (and about 75% of the population over 50 years old) have had RAF for nearly 30 years. It affect Men 4 times more than Women, but Women do get it also.

To manage this problem, it is essential to lead an active life and get fit, exercise HELPS keep the episodes away, excercise while in RAF cannot trigger a heart attack, The BIg Bad Fibrillation to be a ware (and scared of) is Ventricular Fibrillation...if you dont get help with this beast, you are dead within 5 minutes !!!! But you will surely know if you are getting V Fib...you will be in severe agony and you WILL be having a heart attack !!!

The Atrium chamber in the heart is where the "pull" of deoxegenated blood happens, whilst the Ventricular chamber manages the "Push" or pumping. Even though the "pull" cycle is disturbed during RAF, the Ventrical "Pump" has enough power to keep going perfectly adequately during this time.

Normally, RAF is not a reason for any further Medical downgrades...such as life insurance, Pilots License or whatever.

What triggers an episode ??/...not sure, it can be stress, tiredness, panic attack, overthinking....many different reasons. Most affected people have their own way of dealing with it...for me...sex helps (hahaha) and so does 30 minutes in the Gym !!!!....I will leave you to decide which one I prefer  ;D ;D ;D

Above all, please dont get scared that this is MAJOR heart issues. If it is RAF, you have very little to worry about. But I cannot say if this is her condition, only a "proper" Medical will establish this or some other underlying issue.

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 01:09:00 pm »
Thanks guys,  her daughter speaks pretty good english.  I had a good 30 minutes on the phone about her palpitations.  She has had an EKG and it is normal.  So she doesn't have an electrical problem.  She has had an echocardiogram..so her heart mechanisms appear normal.  So, here is the interesting part.  She manages 6 other teachers at a local junior high school.  She is working 60 hours a week and just getting beat up.  When she gets stressed from the work load she can get these palpitations.  So they are a little bit of anxiety related.

I leave for Beijing on Feb6th.  Then we fly Sanya on Hainan island for 10 days.  She is from Urumqi.  I told her I could not go to frozen tundra right now.  Let us go to someplace beautiful and warm.  She is so shy it might take a week of hard work to thaw her out...But she is slowly starting to get more and more romantic.
Have I told you guys how beautiful her eyes are?  She agreed to a single room so that is a step forward...gulp!!!

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 02:49:53 pm »
Haha probably means a single room EACH mate...LOL ;D ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 07:49:32 pm »
You're breaking me heart, mate!!

She is writing to me this chinese poetry style that has just mesmerized me.  Never had a woman write poetry to me.  Well, we will meet on Tuesday evening on Feb7th.  Her english is terrible but we get by through translation programs.  I spend 1-2 hours every day going over verbs and nouns.  Working on her comprehension and speech skills.  She never shows me frustration or ill temper.  I have never met a sweeter woman anywhere.  God help me if this blows up in my face..he he he

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 08:27:09 pm »
Lets hope your learning the correct dialect. I spent months learning Mandarin then found when I got here that I should have been learning the southern Canonese style and then my wife has completely different words and phrases for things as she comes from Hunan.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 09:03:47 pm »
Nevermind.  My wife speaks Mandarin, but her family all speak the local dialect, which is nothing like Mandarin.  Talk about confusing.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 07:49:11 am »
Zhip , do not put to much strain on your lovely woman , you have already stated that she works long hours , so just chatting is best at this early stage , she will pick up words from your speech once you meet and I trust you have picked up an electronic translator as they are an invaluable tool of connection .
 Should you be lucky enough to hit it off then between the 2 of you , you can arrange for her to take English lessons once you have headed back home as while they look on them as expensive to us they are not along with the fact as you have no doubt been reading she will have a number of months to learn English and chat to you whilst visa applications are being processed , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 01:23:52 pm »
Great advice guys...timing is everything.  She is a teacher so she has been out of school since before chinese new year.  She goes back to school on Feb 20th.  So she has lots of time to spend with me on QQ.  It is amazing how 2 hours can just fly by and we get almost nothing done...he he he