Author Topic: Latest Travel Warning from US State Department.  (Read 5769 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Latest Travel Warning from US State Department.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 08:51:10 pm »

By the way Maxx please read this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1563119.stm

I am pleased to see that at least the most respected news media in the World confirms what I have said.

I rest my case. 

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 11:08:46 pm »
Willy you surprise me.How somebody so misinformed as you has lived so long.It's just mind blowing.The Gods truly must favor you.America has ben under attack by terrorist since the first white man has set foot on this content.so I ask you what doe's the over priced Limey writer know about United states.And it's history.That would be like me commenting on the people thoughts who were theire at the  fall of the Roman empire.Or what Adolph Hitler's last thoughts were.You just have no idea. The only thing that has changed in the last 400 years is what name they call the people who sneak out of the shadows.To do bad to other people.

Rob there are plenty of other nationalities in American football.There is even more in American Basketball.I read the links you posted.It is just what I have ben telling you for the last 2 days.Read real close ok.(Wacko,Wack job American slang for people who are not right in the head) Yes there was private individuals who supported the IRA and probably still do.Has the United States government supported the IRA no.

Phillip you miss understood my post.Auto racing is a cheap sport.In the U.S. They even have TV channels dedicated to nothing but auto racing.They don't have TV channels here dedicated to U.K football.I can name Italian drivers french drivers and drivers from Spain,I don't like auto racing its boring so I don't watch.But I still know who these drivers are.They are in the news all the time here.Auto racing is big in the United states.So it's hard to miss.The only U.K guy that is involved in sports that  has ever made headlines here is Beckehm.And that was because he married a hot British girl that used to be in a girl group.And they have U.S citizenship.They own houses in California and New York.Oh yeah they made a third rate movie a few years ago.Called bend it like Beckhem.Never seen it.So don't know if it was any good.

U.S basketball is world wide.It is huge in China.And around the world.My brother in law watches NBA games all the time.And then tries to talk about it with me.I'M not a basketball fan.So he knows more about it then I do.His favorite players are Micheal Jordan,The 3 Chinese guys that play in the NBA.And the guy that used to play with Shaquil Oneal.I can't remember his name.He got busted cheating on his wife.A few months ago Mike posted a link to some jobs in China.That was not about teaching English.(9 out of 10 of the jobs were for the NBA.The job posting said that the NBA was expanding into China.Since China has such a strong following.

A few years ago I was setting in a hotel room in Bangkok Thailand.It was about 3;00 am. I was drinking a beer and watching American football on the TV.It was a rebroadcast.I had watched part of the game in a bar in the states.In between flights.I have watched rebroadcasts of basketball games in China with my brother in law.Ive never seen a U.K football game on any TV in any country.Not even in Mexico.So I'm thinking this U.K football is just a U.K thing.And nobody outside of the U.K knows anything about them.At least on the west coast.There maybe a few followers on the east cost.I don't know since it has ben a few years since I was back east.A friend of mine in China had a Irish boyfriend.So he bought her some U.K football jerseys.She showed me the clothes.And asked me what the clothes said.And what sport they were for.I had to look the teams up on the enternet to find out what sport they played

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 11:34:02 pm »
Maxx I am not making any further comments on your posts. I may be ill-informed, I may be old and past my prime but I am not stupid. 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 11:53:29 pm »
Ok then Willy have it your way.

Offline Philip

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 12:06:08 am »
Sorry Maxx, last time I heard there were 5 continents, so your ability to name a few European racing drivers doesn't convince me it is a global sport. Neither does your judgment of demographics based on what's on TV. I sometimes wish football wasn't such a global sport. England invented it but the rest of the world adopted it, and have continued to embarrass England with their superiority ever since. Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France, Cameroon, Senegal, South Korea, Australia, Ivory Coast, Russia, Italy, etc. etc. have produced teams and players who have wiped the floor clean with English players. Even the good old US of A has embarrassed the national team in that little parochial event, the World Cup. I suppose your idea of cheap and my idea of rich is all relative, but for the countries that cannot afford to buy a car, football is often the sport of choice.
I do like to watch many sports on TV, but I prefer to get out of the house and play sports. Also I like to get out of my own country once in a while and realise that the priorities that may hold true in my own little part of the planet may be completely different when I visit another country.
Football is like international terrorism. No country is immune.

Offline maxx

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 01:00:22 am »
Phillip you get a chance swing over to Zhuhai.They started having auto racing back in 1994 an the big new track there.I tried talking the wife into going one time when we were there but she said to bored the shit out of her the last time she went.So she wasn't going back.

If your tired of China.Fly up to Japan they have auto racing there.They have shorter courses.So the action is real intense from what I understand.They invented drifting in Japan.It is all the rave.With the kids sopping up there cars.I would really like to go to Monty Carlo.And check out that 24 hour race.Allot of auto manufactures have ben made and broke at that race.I would really like to go to Australia and watch Kasey Stoner ride motto cross.They say that he is the best in the world. Then you could always go to Mexico and watch the baja 1,000.That race usually runs about 3 days threw the roughest country.That man has ever seen.To get to the baja isn't cheap.But if you live near there yeah its cheap and admission to watch the race is free.

I do admit that maybe auto racing isn't as big as I think it is.It does seem to be a global thing with all the TV Channels in the states that carry nothing but auto races,Boat races,Motorcycle races, I do know in Bolivia and Chile Auto races are popular.They have rally courses and formula races all over the place.The last news cast I watched that had to do with racing.The sports commenter had a British accent.

Trust me Phillip when I tell you I have gotten out of the house out of my country.I have ben to most of Asia.I have ben so far off the beaten track in Asia.The last time they seen a foreigner was when they kicked the french and British out.I have ben so far into Mexico that they thought Poncho Villa was still riding around shooting up the country side.I like the tourist stops.But I also like to get away from the masses and see what the place is all about.

Hey if your interested I heard about a guy.That is offering to take tourist into some of the remotest parts of Rangoon/Myrmar.I thought that would be a trip worth taking.If your up to it let me know.We maybe able to work something out Where we can go together.And leave the wife' and kids in China.For a couple of weeks.I think we could get a full sense of how indigenous people see the world.If we took a trip up a river in a boat.

Paul Todd told me he did the same thing in Vietnam back in the 80s.He said it was a life changing adventure.So it mite be worth your while to come with me.

Don't feel bad about the U.K football team.The American Basketball team back a few years ago had the same thing happen to them.They got beat by everybody including the Chinese team.It was real embarrassing.The Americans replaced players and coaches alike.I think there doing better now.Since basketball is a American sport.With the highest payed players in the world.I don't know if they lost to a British team.They were playing so bad at one time it wouldn't suprise me.

Offline Philip

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 04:08:36 am »
Ok Maxx, that might be a hoot, that trip. I'm off to live and work in Chongqing later this year, so the trip to Burma will be slightly easier than from NM. Lol. I know about most of the auto stuff of which you speak, because I am a bit of a sports nut. I feel duty-bound to defend my beloved football. I have found football fans in the unlikeliest of places in the world. Was this because I was looking for them? Playing barefoot football with kids in a remote village in Bangladesh was a truly wonderful experience. I could teach you some ball skills and trade them for some US sports equivalent.
The most important thing for a sports fan is to support your team in good times and in bad times. If you do that, then in the words of my team, Liverpool's anthem, 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. Good advice for a successful marriage.