Author Topic: What a relief  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Clayton

What a relief
« on: February 15, 2012, 04:02:33 am »
Well, Yan had her interview in Guangzhou yesterday and after a bad experience last time neither her or I were looking forward to this one.
We were to have chatted today at 5.30 pm but she did not show, so I'm thinking the worst, and at 7.pm she QQ'd me by phone saying she got held up and could we chat tomorrow morning.  Of course by this time I'm sitting on the edge of my chair wanting to know what happened yesterday, i finally got it out of her, and i quote, " Please rest assured,and the interview is perfect, they said needs to wait for, can't urgent"
what a huge relief, i will surly sleep well tonight.
So now I'm thinking the best, we should only have to wait just a few weeks to know  the good news, and then there'll be a panic to get the house and yard tidy ha ha,  I keep a fairly clean and tidy house but you know what women are like .

Cheers

Leeroy
This is the way to go

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Re: What a relief
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 05:31:46 am »
Good one Leeroy  ;D ;D

Ming got her visa 4 months after her interview.......

But we had to go through the Shanghai Consulate, which is the slowest of all.

I think Jason went through Guangzhou and hardly waited at all, so better get that leaf rake busy !!!!....but then again....Ming has taken over the garden without any prompting from me, it is such a novelty for her to have a garden. All those horrible jobs now get done for me... ::) ::). The weeds dont dare even germinate any more, they get immediately attacked by a Mad Chinese Lady Gardener .  ;D ;D...maybe your Lady will also take to the garden with pleasure...you can relax, have a beer and supervise...I do !!!

Offline Clayton

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 05:50:10 am »
Yeh, that sounds good David, but my missus is an inside Towny but I'm hoping i can get her interested in gardening. she doesn't like bugs or the sun, she says she will be happy to stay inside and make me Chinese food, I'll slowly introduce her to the great out doors, beach,camping, touring the outback etc, it will be so different to what she is used to it should be exciting for both of us.

And I will still relax and have a bear

Cheers
Leeroy
This is the way to go

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 06:03:59 am »
Good luck mate, Guangzhou was really fast for us......fingers crossed for you too.  Xia does not like the gardening either however the state it is in at the new house I am not supprised the grass is upto my knees at the moment due to all the rain and sunshine.  Plus I have no lawnmower yet.....next job.   ::)
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 09:03:41 am »
congratulations Leeroy!  I can't imagine how stressful that wait would have been.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 09:13:36 am »
That is great news Leeroy , bet you are now smiling ear to ear , better start planting some Chinese vegies as I know you do not have a Chinese market within a 10 minute walk ha ha .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 09:23:05 am »
Plant Chinese Veggies??

I thought the things I see in the markets here grew alongside the roadways back home!  Some, when cooked, look as tasty as a ? As a? As a? - well I am lost for words.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 03:21:03 pm »
Congrat's to both of you .. Leeroy!
Running the house will soon be out of your Hands! haha                           just kidding ;D

Hope the wait is now not too long, but then again .. start your Veggie Garden now! So it'll look like you had it all along. Oh.. and make sure you have enough "Hanger's" for the Bathroom.. you'll need them!

Offline Clayton

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 05:18:01 pm »
Thanks fellas, actually Arnold, Yan prefers to hang the clothes out side in the sun shine and as far as running the house hold, she can have it.
I got the veggie garden up to speed ready for her arrival before summer now i have more fruit and veg than i know what to do with, the neighbours are doing well out of it.

Cheers
Leeroy
This is the way to go

Offline shaun

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 06:10:15 pm »
Contratz Leeroy.   Have a bear?   Great looking garden.

David would that be a Fost...  Oh never mind I know the answer.  Watch them weeds.  They could become a part of dinner.  ;D

Offline maxx

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 06:22:35 pm »
Congrats Leroy to you and your lovely wife.MAy you have many happy years together.

Arnold

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 06:24:18 pm »
Good going Leeroy! I trade you some of my Rosemary for some of your Tomatoe's! Qing wants Herb's planted this year ( for the Bug's/Insect's ), so need to make some room for them. For me, too much trouble really.. but I must keep " Woman" happy for my own good.

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 01:43:52 am »
Congratulations Leroy and Yan, I know the relief you must be feeling, Just a matter of time now, Maybe 6 months from now you will both be together, Processing time for Shanghai is around 4 months and after the passport request I have been told around 4--6 weeks, Frustrating I know as I am in the final process of waiting, Again congratulations on a successful interview, MinYing and John.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 02:51:12 am »
Fantastic news!!  I look forward to reading the next installment, of when she arrives.  Soon there might have to be an  Aussie Brotherhood group picture with wives (and child) in the picture.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 03:39:13 am »
Fantastic news!!  I look forward to reading the next installment, of when she arrives.  Soon there might have to be an  Aussie Brotherhood group picture with wives (and child) in the picture.

That's a great idea Martin....maybe all us Aussies should meet somewhere central...like Perth !!! ;D ;D ;D... (now wait for the explosion from the Eastern States representatives !!!) ;D ;D