Author Topic: Got interview letter. Have some questions now.  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Wilfred Motosue

Got interview letter. Have some questions now.
« on: February 15, 2012, 08:06:42 pm »
Hi there,
My fiancee got her interview letter. It says the  Feb. 28th. Is that the interview date or a so-called document intate date that I've read about on the websites and the real interview date is the 29th. My attorney says interview is on the 28th, whatever the letter says. What is right?
Also my attorney says she will only need the Affidavit of support and more evidence that I went to visit my fiancee 4 months ago to propose. Just thos two items. What do you guys think? I am getting nervous.
Who is right?
wilfred

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
Re: Got interview letter. Have some questions now.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 10:39:51 pm »
Apparently your attorney does not keep up to date on Guangzhou, the visa processing procedure changed in 2010.  The documents are handed in on the 28th and she returns the following day for the actual interview. Here is the link from the consulate website, feel free to share with your attorney also!  http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/changes-to-immigrant-visa-processing.html           Good Luck, Robert

P.S.   I would have any additional evidence that has been gathered for her to turn in on the 28th, plus an updated EOR letter would be good also. If you are planning on being there yourself, I would recommend taking copies of everything that was submitted or supposed to be submitted just in case something was lost or left out!

Offline Wilfred Motosue

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 02:17:14 am »
Thanks robertt!
We are doing everything that you advised. And yes, I will be there with her.
wilfred

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 11:19:23 am »
Wilfred, don't forget to hand her your Passport to the Interview. This is the first thing I would show them.. along with the papaers of course. Good Luck!