Author Topic: Passed 6 days ago but still not VISA at Guangzhou Post Office.  (Read 7168 times)

Offline Wilfred Motosue

Hi Everyone,
My fiancee told VISA people to send VISA to Post Office in Guangzhou 6 days ago, after passing her interview, but still no VISA/Passport at Post Office. Also, after Post Office receives VISA, do they take another 3 days or so before we can pick up her VISA/Passport? A friend who passed the same day, had her VISA in the next day in the Post Office but couldn't pick it till 3 days later. They were married already so it might be a little different process for their VISA. We call every few hours each day. Is there anyone else that we can call to see if the Embassy sent the VISA to the Post Office?
Thanks.

wilfred

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
Re: Passed 6 days ago but still not VISA at Guangzhou Post Office.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 07:46:12 pm »
If the visa was to be returned via EMS postal service it should be traceable to find out where it is.  This is the service the Australian Consulate uses.  Do not know what the US uses.  Your fiancee would have filled out the details on the forms/envelope when she put her passport in.  Hope this helps you out.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:54:57 pm by Jason B »
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 08:13:02 pm »
Do not know what the US uses. 

:)

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 09:22:28 pm »
Visa Issuance

If your visa is approved at the time of your interview, you will receive an approval notice from the interviewing officer.  Follow the instructions provided in the notice in order to successfully complete the visa issuance and delivery process. 

Starting August 1st, 2011, approved immigrant visas will be mailed directly to the recipient's home address via China Post.  There will be a COD (cash on delivery) charge for this visa delivery service.  Please click here for instructions on how to complete the COD waybill and information regarding the cost of delivery and locations delivered to.

If you do not wish to have your passport and visa packet returned to you by COD waybill, it is your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements with China Post’s Junyuan Post Office in Guangzhou and to notify the Consulate.  Please click here for the map and address for the Junyuan Post Office.

Please note all immigrant visa applicants must use the China Post system for return of their visas.

Your passport with your immigrant visa and visa package will be given to China Post 2-3 days after the visa is approved. However, should complications beyond the Consulate’s control arise during visa processing, your passport may not be available until later.  You are strongly advised not to make any travel arrangements before having your visa in-hand.

In most cases, an immigrant visa is valid for six months from the date of issuance (K3 visas are valid for two years). This will give you six months to prepare for your departure to the United States.  However, visas may be limited to less than 6 months.  This may be due to earlier expiry of important documents or for other reasons.  Please check your visa validity carefully.

After you have received your visa, which will have been placed within your passport, and the accompanying visa packet, you should be sure to carefully read the information contained both on the visa itself and in the cover letter stapled to the visa packet. Make sure this information is correct; if it is not, contact the Consulate immediately.

Do NOT open the visa packet.  Carry it with you on your flight to the United States; you will need to give it unopened to the immigration officer at the port of entry in the United States.  Please also note that you must enter the U.S. before your visa expires.

The purpose of your immigrant visa is to gain admittance to the U.S. and attain Alien Resident status.  At the port of entry, it will be endorsed by the immigration officer and thus made into temporary proof of your Alien Resident status.  As such, it can be used for travel, usually for a period of one year.  Within this year, USCIS will send your Alien Resident Card (ARC), popularly known as a 'green card', to your U.S. address.  Green cards cannot be sent to an address outside the U.S.

Offline dumbo

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 02:37:54 am »
Visa may be approved on the day of the interview, however, you also have to make sure name checks are complete. Sometimes Visa officer will approve visa without name checks being complete. Check with the Dept of State. The number is 202-663-1225 all eastern time.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 06:18:37 am »
If your fiancee's visa was held up due to name checks, she would have been told she was placed in AP until name checks were completed. Some visas just take longer to be delivered to the Post Office. I would double check with your fiancee and make certain she completed the requirements to have the Visa delivered to the Post Office correctly. Here is the procedure that is listed on the consulate's website at Guangzhou. I would have her check her copy of the EMS waybill ( Receipt # 3 )  on-line and see what the delivery status is!

EMS Waybill Instructions

In order to simplify the visa mailing system and improve our customer service, the Consulate will deliver visas to approved applicants by using EMS’ Cash-on-Delivery service.  Applicants will pay the delivery fee after they receive their visas.  Using EMS’ COD service will allow us to deliver your visa quickly and conveniently.  Most importantly, the U.S. Consulate can now deliver visas to 268 cities throughout all of China.

Applicants will be given a blank waybill when they come for document intake and fingerprinting.  Applicants must bring the completed waybill with them when they return to the Consulate for their interview the next day.  The consular officer will collect your completed waybill and attach it to your case.

This EMS waybill has been specially designed for use by the U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou – applicants must use this waybill.  Only one completed waybill is required per case.

Where to get the EMS Waybill:

You will be given a blank EMS waybill during document intake the day before your interview.  You must complete your waybill and bring it back the day of your interview.  Failure to complete your waybill before your interview could lead to a delay in processing your visa.

Blank waybills are also available in the IV waiting room should you need to redo your waybill.  The Consulate will provide you with additional blank waybills when additional action is required on your case.

How to fill out the EMS waybill:

EMS currently provides Cash-on-Delivery service to 268 cities throughout all of China.  When filling out the EMS waybill, applicants must choose a COD city as the mailing address.*  An example of the EMS waybill and a searchable list of eligible COD cities are provided below for your reference.  Only one completed waybill is required per case.

After completing the waybill, please pull out one of the interior carbon copies (Receipt No. 3) and retain it as your mailing receipt.  You can use the barcode number to track your package online at www.emsgz.com.

* Example EMS Waybill

How much does it cost?

Fee Table:
               Destination        Mailing fee(yuan)    Insurance surcharge per visa
Self Pick-up at Post Office              23                  N/A
Guangdong (Pearl River Delta)              24               15 yuan / visa
Guangdong (non-PRD)              26               25 yuan / visa
Outside Guangdong              28               40 yuan / visa

Note: The total mailing fee for each package depends on how many visas are included in the package.  The appropriate insurance surcharge is added to the mailing fee for every visa in a package.  All visas in a single package must be for the same case; separate cases require their own separate visa packages.

Explanation:
1. The standard mailing fee listed above covers SMS notifications, all service charges, and insurance for one visa per package.

2. The insurance reimbursement value for each visa is RMB 6000, which includes the actual cost of the passport and the visa application fee.

3. The standard mailing fee listed above covers packages weighing 1 kilogram or less, which is the vast majority of IV packages.  Overweight packages are subject to an additional surcharge for every 500 grams over 1 kg.  The table below gives detailed pricing information for this surcharge.

Overweight Fee Table:

Delivery Area    Fee per 500 grams(yuan)
Region1       
   Guangdong – Pearl River Delta             2

Guangdong – Outside Pearl River Delta             3
Region 2    Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Anhui, Fujian, Jiangxi, Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Guangxi, Hainan, Sichuan, Chongqing, Guizhou, Yunnan             6
Region 3    Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei, Shanxi, Shandong, Shaanxi             9
Region 4    Inner Mongolia, Gansu, Qinghai, Ningxia            10
Region 5    Liaoning, Jilin, Heilongjiang, Tibet, Xinjiang            17

* Eligible Destination Cities for EMS COD service

* If you are truly unable to choose a COD city for your mailing address, you must make alternate mailing arrangements directly with China Post. If you would like to pick-up your visa at the Post Office, write the Junyuan Post Office’s address on the waybill (Address: 广州市天河东路155号骏源大厦首层phone number: 020-38188078). Please see below for a map of the Junyuan Post Office. Please note that these cumbersome procedures only apply to applicants who do not use the established COD system described above.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 08:49:17 am »
But I found EMS is not the fastest of system.  I received notification yesterday of a packet from my good friend Robbie. From paperwork it look like it arrived at the post office in Zhongshan nearly 3 weeks ago!!!

Maybe it took 3 weeks before they gave up trying to get the packet opened without leaving tell tale signs. 8)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Wilfred Motosue

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 09:34:45 am »
Hi Everyone,
We just called the Post Office/EMS and they told us that they received our package of her VISA/Passport. Hurray! Finally we are about to head home to Hawaii. It has taken 10 months since we applied for her K-1 visa. I want to thank all who have responded to my posts in the past and in this one.  I hope you all have a happy married life with your new spouse. Take care.
wilfred

Arnold

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 11:21:39 am »
Good for you Wilfred, but please don't call this.. "Let's quit the Forum now"! We always like to hear how things go in the Future with all the Lucky fellows after they are finally together as a Couple.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 08:03:44 am »
For the record.....Can you tell us how long it took from application to VISA issued.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Wilfred Motosue

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 09:29:42 am »
Okay Arnold.

Pineau, I believe we applied in May, 2011 and got it in Mar. 8 , 2012 so I think that makes it 10 months. My attorney didn't keep a close eye on things and didn't check for status for us and so when the VISA people sent or screwed up, she didn't catch it early. I think we lost about 2 months because of that.
wilfred

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 04:59:28 am »
It has been 14 months for us. We got initial approval and are waiting for NOA2 i guess will be another two weeks.  Then the application from her and the affidavit of support from me will add another 30 days. then they will schedule her interview and medical exam I guess will be another 2 weeks.

If all goes well I think we will get the VISA in about2 more months (about the beginning of July) making it 16 months from beginning to end.

We lost 60 days while it sit  in the Queue and was put on hold asking for evidence. Then another 60 days in the Queue because they could not find her divorce document (it was in the documents I sent, they just couldn't find it). So in all we lost 4 months due to lack of proof and documentation blunders.

Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 10:57:53 am »
when I get up, I say ...

REMEMBER:

PANTS first and THEN the SHOES!   :o

Mike

What....NO Undees.... You going Commando?
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline shaun

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 06:44:23 pm »
 :o He is a free spirit.  :-X