Author Topic: It has been a long while!!  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Lee357

It has been a long while!!
« on: April 24, 2012, 02:12:41 pm »
Well it has been a long time since I posted. I have missed those of you who had become my friends on here. So I have returned to catch up with you.

So I have been here in ChongQing for almost two years now and now have a beautiful wife. I wish I could say it is all roses but those who are married to a Chinese girl would instantly call BS on me, and those who live and are married here in China would scream BS at me. My experiences would be much the same as yours, fraught with cultural misunderstandings, regular stupidity on my part and on hers, the endless catch up trying to learn a language and a culture that is so very complicated. The occasional Hot Pot belly and the never ending crowded buses. I will say this in all honesty I have never been happier. For all the work and difficulty involved in this great endeavor the peace that she brings me each day both in the million little things she does to show me she truly loves me, but also, and much more importantly for me, in the silent devotion she exudes and in the unfathomable feeling I have that to the end of the earth and beyond this woman will be at my side no matter what. How she can make me feel this at the very core of my soul I may never know, but none the less, I know this to be true. I know she will never leave me until the day I die. This silent devotion that she seems to think is not so very special, as it seems that it is just how it should be to her. There are days that I feel that my love for her is so very small compared to her love for me. I feel ashamed that I have not always given her my best. I find myself striving to be a better man for her. Not because she has ever asked more of me or from me but just so that I feel worthy of such graceful dignity. I do not know if others feel this way as love is a very individual experience and even more so with the cultural elements involved in the endeavors we have embarked upon.

I will upload pictures if you wish to see them. I will be here more again as life is beginning to return to a routine as has become slightly more regular. If any of you Find yourselves her in my neck of the wilderness do not hesitate to let me know. I would like to meet and share some good food and drinks.     
Does it matter to the bird if an apple is Red or Green? Or does the bird just care that the apple is sweet.

Arnold

Re: It has been a long while!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 04:21:31 pm »
There are days that I feel that my love for her is so very small compared to her love for me. I feel ashamed that I have not always given her my best. I find myself striving to be a better man for her.

1st: This is of course "Normal" to feel this way, the way we are getting spoiled by these Ladies.

2nd: You should "Not" feel ashamed, but instead do try to give her your best that "You" can be.

3rd: This is soooo great, as they "Naturally" bring that out in us (married to a wonderful chinese woman) and we don't even have to try that hard to do it.

PS: Thanks Lee for the Photo's, they are always appreciated here.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 09:54:48 pm »
Lee , glad things are now looking so great for you and you are enjoying ChongQing , it is a very vibrant city which I also enjoy , just for your info , Philip one of the forum guys  who is also a teacher is moving to your neck of the woods from HK , that was a month or more ago , I know that they visited to check out where he would be teaching so you might like to PM him for the latest , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Lee357

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 05:06:34 am »
Thank you I will certainly send him my number and see if he would like to meet up for some hot pot.
Does it matter to the bird if an apple is Red or Green? Or does the bird just care that the apple is sweet.

Offline Philip

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 08:50:02 am »
Robert, you have a very good memory. I have sent Lee a pm. I am still in Hong Kong, but move to Chongqing in August.

Offline funkymusician

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 10:13:37 pm »
Lee,
   Congratulations for getting yourself a winner! It is a very wonderful, deeply felt short essay written about your wife. There is no wife alive who would not want these words written about her. Trouble is most have mostly become these primadonnas, full of nothing but pride and self interest, seeking to be worshipped, especially in North America. (hence these "goddess" epitaphs seen in ads and commercials)  Hope you enjoy a long married-life!