Author Topic: Chnlove.com is a good laugh - nothing more! (IMO)  (Read 10470 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Re: Chnlove.com is a good laugh - nothing more! (IMO)
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 10:49:52 am »
Like any dating site...you need to use your head...preferably the one on your shoulders.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 07:25:29 pm »
In all respect I do not agree with you.  I met two women from that site,  both were real.  I did not continue the relationship but both were very nice women.  The key is to be able to communicate with a lady on MSN or Skype "live" with the aid of a translation software.

Alain
Ok that is going to show the woman are real.  But you need to make a trip as soon as you can because you may not gel face to face.  Never be persuaded to marry on first trip within days of meeting face to face - the chances of that working are pretty slim.  Even after months of talking on video cam.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 08:26:23 pm »
In all respect I do not agree with you.  I met two women from that site,  both were real.  I did not continue the relationship but both were very nice women.  The key is to be able to communicate with a lady on MSN or Skype "live" with the aid of a translation software.

Alain
Ok that is going to show the woman are real.  But you need to make a trip as soon as you can because you may not gel face to face.  Never be persuaded to marry on first trip within days of meeting face to face - the chances of that working are pretty slim.  Even after months of talking on video cam.

Willy

I am living proof of that.

Offline djal

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 04:20:07 pm »
I agree! I forgot to say I visited the first lady 4 times before I could tell we were not a good match.  And with the second lady,  I stopped communicating after talking to her for about 4 or 5 months on MSN;  the decision was mine.  Now I date a Chinese lady who has been living in Japan for 22 years.  I met her on a site which makes it so much easier (and cheaper) to chat live.  It is called Chinese Kisses and the site is run by Germans.  I remember talking to a woman shortly on Chnlove.com and as soon as she made excuses for not being able to use Skype ( i even proposed to her to go to internet cafes or at times to use the computers at the agency she was with) or not being able to meet meet in Hong Kong, I ended ASAP the ties... I thought this was not real.  So we have to use our common sense with Chnlove.com .

• Board Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 09:37:47 pm »
Internet cafes are not the quiet studious places we have in the west.  They are filled with 'gamers' who almost live in these places.  Playing video games has become a major problem in China and there are many millions of people who are addicted to them.  There are even hospitals here just for the treatment of these addicts.

As addicts they have almost the same needs as druggies to get the money to pay for their time.  Women are addicted as well and that is why a lot of non game playing women will not go to them as they do not want to be thought as part of that culture.  Women who are addicted 'gamers' are said to do anything to obtain the money to play all day.

The police are often raiding these places.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Offline djal

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 08:58:48 am »
Willy,  I have been to one.  I agree... it was a sleazy place.  The place was so dirty!  It was in Jiangxi.

I had a look at Chnlove recently and they try to do everything to keep you from getting the address or email of a Chinese lady.  It has changed a lot from before.  I remember we could "buy" the address of ladies before.  It was then easy to send a letter and exchange email addresses and explain how to reach each other with Skype or MSN or even QQ.

Alain

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 06:03:01 pm »
Willy,  I have been to one.  I agree... it was a sleazy place.  The place was so dirty!  It was in Jiangxi.

I had a look at Chnlove recently and they try to do everything to keep you from getting the address or email of a Chinese lady.  It has changed a lot from before.  I remember we could "buy" the address of ladies before. It was then easy to send a letter and exchange email addresses and explain how to reach each other with Skype or MSN or even QQ.

Alain

Yes, you could buy the addresses of the ladies before. The thing they failed to tell you was that most of the addresses were accounts set up by the agency in the ladies name and that the agency translator had control/access to the account. ;)

• Board Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 09:52:55 pm »

I had a look at Chnlove recently and they try to do everything to keep you from getting the address or email of a Chinese lady.  It has changed a lot from before.  I remember we could "buy" the address of ladies before.  It was then easy to send a letter and exchange email addresses and explain how to reach each other with Skype or MSN or even QQ.

Alain

Your right they have changed of recent times.  A few years ago you could get an email address quite easy now they do everything possible to prevent someone getting one.  They are trying to reinstall what was a good earning website to the financial position it was once in.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 05:59:35 am »
When I was making my itinerary for my trip to China there were 23 women on the list. The old timers here will remember the plan. Get on  a plane and see as many women that I could in a few months and then sort them all out after I got back home. I remind everyone that I stopped and declared the trip was finished after meeting number 8.

The point being is that of the 7 women I met before I met and fell for my wife, only 1 other drew an interest at all from me. Right or wrong ( it has been debated here for several days) Meet many women in a single trip made perfect sense to me. There is no way I would have made 8 trips to China to find the right woman. I would have simply given up. My one regret is that one of the ladies was really tore up about me passing her up and choosing someone else.

I did all this on my own without the direction or "help" of Chnlove. I had been burned twice by Chnlove and was in the process of being scammed a 3rd when I decided to write them off and just make my list and head off to China. It's been a long trek and an ordeal from the beginning. But at least I can say I had no help from any agency and "I did it my way."
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 11:00:58 am »
my 2 beefs with ChnLove, it's now Qpid, as discussed in other posts, the rules have changed. The second issue, as everyone is probably aware is agency VIP service, where the translators write all the letters and you don't know anything until your here, in China.

The woman I came to meet, because of the agency's efforts, was just after expensive gifts and brand names. A pretty face, looking for a sucker. Which wasn't me. However, in her quest to scam me, she inadvertently led me to my happiness, because she needed to know how "unhealthy" I was. Her loss, I don't want to talk with the agency, but that's another thread.
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com