Author Topic: "fairyland"  (Read 1196 times)

Paul Todd

"fairyland"
« on: June 03, 2009, 06:18:19 pm »
Jiuzhaigou Valley is located in the north of Sichuan and people call it "fairyland", People often say I'm "away with the fairy's", so I was wondering if anyone had been there? Sounds fantastic.

I quote:-
"Its attraction lies in its simple, idyllic beauty; with majestic and unrivalled emerald (sometimes multicolored) lakes, layered waterfalls and snow peaks. It is also the homeland of the giant panda.

The main scenic area, which covers at least 80 km, is full of scenery that are just breathtaking. It composed of three valleys arranged in a Y shape. The Rizegou and Zechawagou gullies flow from the south and meet at the centre, then form the Shuzheng gully, flowing north to the mouth of the valley.

Jiuzaigou is most famous for its water. There is a saying in China: No mountain is worth seeing after you have seen Mount Huangshan, and no water will interest you after you've visited Jiuzaigou.

It is dotted with many gorgeous lakes. They are notable for their high concentration of calcium carbonate, to form different shades of blue, green and turquoise-colored lakes according to their depths, residues, and surroundings. The carbonic calcifications between the lakes and waterfalls dazzle with color in the sunshine. The water is so clear that the bottom is visible despite depths of several dozen meters.

Waterfalls are the essence of the scenery in Jiuzhaigou. The most famous is Pearl Shoal. It is a huge fan-shaped calcium beach. The stream rushes down, splashing water about like millions of bouncing silver pearls, and then goes down to form
fantastic waterfalls of various shapes with a thunderous roaring echoing throughout the deep valley.

Remember the movie "Hero" The scene where the two male leads fight on that tranquil blue lake, dipping in and out of the water...... It was filmed right there"

I want to go!:D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 04:18:34 am by Paul Todd »

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
RE: "fairyland"
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 04:37:29 am »
Paul , I will ask my Ying tonight as she lives within the Sichuan province .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info