Author Topic: 300 days  (Read 3137 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
300 days
« on: May 15, 2012, 06:15:29 pm »
300 days and counting !!

It is probably time to post an update on the David and Ming story. I have been remiss in just enjoying our life together and not sharing it with those who also have their Brides with them, and those who are still waiting.

It is fascinating to see how life has quietly evolved into a new phase, with lots of good, lots of "normal" and just a few bumps in the road.

In just 300 days we have come so far together, Ming has got her driving license and is fully mobile, she attends English classes and has got to a level of fluency that has surprised me. She is teaching Chinese at the local Chung Wa school on 3 days each week, and has already got several private commissions for home teaching.

Our home runs like a Swiss watch and is always immaculate (despite the shoes and slippers all over the place !!) , as is the garden and she just loves picking fresh fruit from our trees...the fruit is free and totally natural, she cant get over this luxury !!!

I have got used to feminine intimates hanging in the bathroom...she adamantly refuses to allow them to see the light of day and NEVER dries them outside in the glorious sunshine.

She can cook many western dishes now, and between us we have a cosmopolitan mixture of Chinese and western food. I am happy to share the cooking because we have a lot of fun experimenting with various dishes.

I have failed dismally in educating her about English Cricket and Aussie rules football...she just regards them as one small mental abberation that her LG has !!

She goes out with her mates on Thursday evening, mostly Chinese, but some other ethnics also join in...must be a bit like the United Nations when they get together. She has successfully learned to detest Julia Gillard and has a marked distaste for certain ethnic groups (but I wont go into detail...not appropriate here )

How she finds time for her busy schedule AND the time to continue to spoil me to death I dont know, but she is a real dynamo and never hardly gets rattled or flustered.

We are now busily preparing for her Parents to come for a visit in July, which she really wants...to show them that she has made a good choice and is very happy.

If there is a downside it is about money, she feels strongly that she needs to contribute financially and hates the fact that I provide all the cash, but I wont allow herto put te money from teaching into our joint funds, I want her to have that for herself. She demands sometimes that we are too frugal and I dont like this, we had a few rows about it, because I dont care about spending a bit of money on frivolous enjoyment, but she does...hey ho !! She cant get it into her head that tomorrow we may not be able to eat if we dont conserve cash. I have to stop her driving 20 km's to get some item of food that is on special and to stop her buying 20 of them at the same time. In the cupboard at the moment we have 26 bottles of honey that were $1.00 off...enough for 2 years and she drove 26 km to get them !!!

In summary...300 days....a beautiful new life together continues to evolve, it is not Earth shattering..it is just a quietly good, happy life with a woman who amazes me every day....lucky me  ;D ;D

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: 300 days
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 07:29:53 pm »
26 miles to get honey!  Lucky she did not go further than the village store then. ;D

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 11:43:54 pm »
Hey David do you want to do some trading? I have five 6 packs of DR. Pepper 20 ounce bottels.And fifteen cans of fruit cocktail.12 ounce cans.I will trade a couple of six packs.and 10 cans of fruit.For half of your honey supply. I can also throw in more house slippers.Your choice matching or unmatched slippers. ;D If that doesn't interest you or your wife.I also have.2 ten gallon trash sacks fool of plastic bags.The plastic bags are very pricey.I can let you have 1 ten gallon sack of bags.But I will need 70% of your honey supply.

We could talk about baby clothes for a boy.My wife has baby clothes stashed in the dresser.That are still in the wrappers.From 4 years ago.Don't you love how Chinese wive's save everything.And I mean everything.My wife had a bag of orange peels and some boc choe leaves in a bag.I tossed it out with the trash one day.She hollered for 2 days.Until she got her stock refilled.Now I must ask before I throw anything out.Or suffer the wrath of pissed off Chinese woman..

It's good to hear that your wife has adjusted so well to life in Aussie land.Good luck and best wishes.

Maxx

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 12:29:06 am »
Haha David, they were hard to get... their somewhat hard to keep us from going crazy... but these Women (our Wife's) "are" the best thing that we ever could have wished/dreamed for.

Did you mention "Honey" here? We make ( I mean we have ) a lot of that too! :P

Thanks for share "Your & Ming's Story with us!

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 02:51:42 am »
Sorry Maxx.....

Can't deal on plastic bags....Ming has a thousand squillion in boxes in our spare bedroom...or should I call it our Chinese rubbish tip !!!

As you know, plastic bags dont get given away easily in China, so she hoards them "just in case".  :o :o

I can possibly do you a good deal on pre-packed ready to eat noodles, they were on special about 3 months ago...we have 4 Boxes of 144 each...should last me about 16 years as I calculate !!!
Better still, how about taking some of our canned tuna (which I hate)...we have about 3 tons of the stuff...only one happy about this is the cat, although Ming remains bewildered why we would pay good money to actually BUY food for a cat......she reckons the cat is easily capable of finding it's own food...as cats do in China....so the poor bugger gets very little of the Tuna that we will never eat .......... :-[ :-[

Gotta love'em don't you !!!!

ps Philip...I know "Gotta love'em don't you " is not good English...but it is acceptable idiom ???...so dont jump on me  ;D ;D ;D

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 02:58:50 am »
Yes for me it is 700 days plus , to all David and others , things are very similar here and I never question all the bags of goodies that arrive home including sometimes clothes or shoes for me to replace the ones that have accidently dissappeared . Whilst Sujuan has a license we are so well serviced by public transport she very rarely uses a car and it is as fast for her to catch a bus etc to her shops as it is to drive , where I get into trouble is wanting to eat out as we are spoilt with cheap options including Thai , Viet , Korean which we both enjoy , originally I had 2 empty bedrooms , but now we have 2 boarders naturally Chinese , both lovely girls paying nice money every month , I think I better keep the double garage nice and dirty ha ha , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 04:25:23 am »
The plastic bag horde in my house is slowly dwindeling as they get used for dirty nappies.  Dave I know exactly how you are feeling, it is nearly one year now since Xia came to Sydney and we starting building our lives together.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 04:33:02 am »
God guys reading these stories could put a bloke off, but one of my ex's used to save plastic bags for everything, so i sort of know what its like... :o
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 05:15:22 am »
The plastic bag horde in my house is slowly dwindeling as they get used for dirty nappies.  Dave I know exactly how you are feeling, it is nearly one year now since Xia came to Sydney and we starting building our lives together.

I am NOT, NOT going down that track Jase, just to use up some plastic bags !!!!!!!!!!!!!!...howevewr, if you run short I will be happy to supply you a truck load at a good price  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 07:03:04 am »
I am NOT, NOT going down that track Jase, just to use up some plastic bags !!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

No sense of adventure some people........or is it one of those double thingies I AM NOT NOT so does that mean you are?
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.