Author Topic: Funny spoof on “Fotoshop by Adobé” (Adobe)  (Read 1294 times)

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
Funny spoof on “Fotoshop by Adobé” (Adobe)
« on: June 09, 2012, 04:25:08 pm »
I pulled this from a Forbes article, “Photoshop Makeovers: How Can You Tell If Beauty's Only Pixels Deep?”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonykosner/2012/06/09/photoshop-makeovers-how-can-you-tell-if-beautys-only-pixels-deep/?feed=rss_home#comment_reply>

It includes a funny spoof on “Fotoshop by Adobé” (Adobe). 
What you always wanted to know about Fotoshop, but didn't, here it is.
Fotoshop by Adobé (Adobe)

The crazy thing forum members do not mention "professional makeup”. Checkout “30 Shocking Photos of Supermodels Without Makeup”. It is an eye opener...really, an eye popper!   
http://www.complex.com/style/2012/02/30-shocking-photos-of-supermodels-without-makeup

Kind of an interesting take on Fotoshop & makeup, of something all the members on this forum are somewhat knowledgeable of.
As a point of interest, my wife Jing, submitted her Fotoshopped pics to her agency in Fushun. Thankfully, her pics did not stray much at all.
On the other hand, I saw photos of one of her Fushun friends, still available on ChnLove, that is not like any of her Fotoshopped pics. Jing told me a few weeks ago, this friend had an American visitor. On arrival at Shenyang, the man turned around & got back on the airplane.
I think the ladies owe it to themselves to proof their pics before submitting to their agency. It makes me think about all the dated entries on ChnLove. I am not critical of the women themselves, because I think there are a lot of hidden gems in China, but the thing is, their “intended” has little to go by other than the awesome pics and the talent of the agency translators.
Things happen and the only resolution to this hapless approach to find real love is to visit your intended.

The article mentions a backlash is forming.   
As reported in International Business Times, “On March 20, Israel announced plans to enact the so-called ‘Photoshop Law.’ This two-part legislation includes regulations on underweight models as well as limits to digital alterations of advertisements. The law requires any ad agency to disclose if photos of models underwent Photoshop alteration to make the subjects appear thinner, according to Israel’s Haaretz newspaper.” Many countries are attempting to curb photo-manipulation excesses because of their effect (in particular) on children’s body image and its connection with eating disorders.

How far this gets before China, even if it does, is just conjecture today; after all, pretty pics are the marriage agencies big business...lots of jobs too.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 07:06:02 pm by JohnB »