Author Topic: Obamagration and how it effects legal residents and citizens in the U.S.  (Read 12174 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Just heard a little piece on BBC News about how well Australia is doing in the current World Financial Crisis.  Make way for a lot more immigrants David.

Mind you as a footnote to the news they said that Italian is no longer the second language used next to English. It is now Mandarin!!

Willy

Just now heard that another boat with maybe 200' asylum seekers' has sunk in Australian waters.

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
No Willy it sunk in Indonesian waters but under SOLAS (survival of life at sea) which is an international agreement that all mariners and countries with ocean borders is a stituate of the nearest ships have to respond to help anyone who is stranded at sea.

Yes the boat was on the way to Australia with some "country shoppers" read illegal immigrants, which is a big issue here at the moment.  I have my own views on this but I will refrain from venting unless someone wants me to.

As for the financial crisis in Australia, it is great unless you are one of the tax payers who has to go to work everyday to pay for everyone else to bludge.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Jase

Please, please vent here.........it takes some heat off me....and Rob is too polite to vent, and John is obviously VERY busy with his new bride, judging from his lack of posts  ;D ;D ;D

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Just heard a little piece on BBC News about how well Australia is doing in the current World Financial Crisis.  Make way for a lot more immigrants David.

Mind you as a footnote to the news they said that Italian is no longer the second language used next to English. It is now Mandarin!!

Willy

Just now heard that another boat with maybe 200' asylum seekers' has sunk in Australian waters.

Any person who migrates here legally, through the same system we had to go through to bring our Wives here, is very welcome in Aus and we all will bust our asses to make sure they have a better life in our "lucky" Country.

It is the one's who come here illegally in the guise of "refugees" via Indonesia and boat people smugglers that get up our collective noses !!!

Our only hope with this current lot is that whatever boat rescues them, it will (hopefully) take them back to their port of origin....because they were not in Australian waters.

As for language, Willy...thank goodness I have a Mandarin speaking wife, I should be OK when Mandarin eventually becomes our first language here....I sincerely hope that Arabic does not surpass Mandarin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline shaun

David, after our November election we can send our loser to you.  If;

A. Obama loses he can ignore all of your laws give your illegals a free green card or;

B. Romney loses he will staple a green card to any earned advanced degree the illegal earn after they immigrate to your country. (Like that is why they move here.)

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 08:43:20 am by shaun »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
C'mon Shaun.  Give him some credit.  He is trying hard to lose the election.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline shaun

Willy, I think both are trying to lose the election.  Maybe they have their eyes set on Australia.  ;D

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
David E,
I deleted that mass of my vent of my original post. My existence is the reverse side of the coin. Where I live (Coeur d Alene, Idaho) we have the luxury of a 94% "White" population, all shapes & sizes, except thin & beautiful, quite a few snarly & angry, politically & religiously so. Tribal jaundicism is pervasive.
I do not do the American culturalisms of "white identification"; i.e., "republicanism", "country & western", "nascar", "budweiser beer", "mc donalds", "chevy pick- up trucks" (the bastards at gm got government bail out), "an assortment of whatever wacky christian religions suits your interests (including the Aryan Nations http://www.adl.org/learn/ext_us/aryan_nations.asp?xpicked=3&item=an ).
I am culturally conservative, in the "old world" way. A year ago, I "accented" the qualities of my finite life with a beautiful Chinese woman. It does present a few public problems here, though nothing of epic proportions. I still have my "street smarts" from the south side of Chicago.

The crime here is "white". The welfare roles, "white",  health issues "white"...all shapes & sizes as in obesity, many masked by underlying anger or just plain resignation.  Many vulnerable to the likes of right wing wackos, like "fox news", blaming some distant threat, some distant peoples, for their ignorance, their stupidities.

By the way, The Mexicans that go "norte" do not have the opulence of wealth. They are a desperate lot...looking to survive and help their families. They take the jobs that white people will no longer do. Simple question, who works the orchards & fields?
with all due respect, John B
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 01:58:04 pm by JohnB »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
To Shaun....

Whoever loses your elections would be welcome to come to Aus...PROVIDED he/she went through the proper channels, did all the hard stuff and finally got an appropriate visa.....we would accept this...warts and all !!!!....my (and most Aussies') gripe is the soft handed approach our Govt is taking with these multitudes of illegals. Remember, to get here is a bit different than getting to the US from Mexico. It is a long, expensive journey to get to a jump off point (usually Indonesia) and to then have the additional money to live in an hotel until an illegal boat sets sail...again at huge cost.  These people deliberately destroy any ID documentation once they are on the boat....they have been advised to do so by lots of Aus Lawyers who than can claim that they are refugees.

In your case, Mexicans can just walk over the border and away they go...very different. It is much more likely that most of these "illegals" are poor and just looking for a better life.....not rich and looking to avoid stuff like those illegals who get here via Indonesia...

But it does not alter my view....immigration is a part of Government policy and everybody should be made to go through due process....thats my opinion. Our Govt has an allocation each year for refugee migration and many genuine refugees get settled here under that program...and enjoy a good life.....I can live with that.

To JohnB...

What you describe is no different to most first World Countries....the vast majority are apathetic, illiterate, ignorant and expect the Govt to provide for them...the power to make decisions, work hard, live a good life seems to be fading fast.

But this is not a migrant issue as you said...thisis a consequence of generally losing the values that society once had. But maybe I am a dinosaur and values such as mine (and a lot of "senior citizens" too) are out of fashion (extinct!!) and will never return...I guess that's why we dont live to be 200 years old...it would be very painful to see this happening for the next 140 years (in my case) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read in our papers here about a weightlifter who was fast tracked with an Australian resodent visa because he would appear to be a dead-set guarantee for a gold medal in tyhe London Olympics.

He went to training last week and told the coach that unless he was given $5000 he would throw the Games and fail to make a medal performance,  deliberately.....

Guess what...they gave him the $5000

That is why I sometimes despair where we are going.....

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
David E,
I deleted that mass of my vent of my original post. My existence is the reverse side of the coin. Where I live (Coeur d Alene, Idaho) we have the luxury of a 94% "White" population, all shapes & sizes, except thin & beautiful, quite a few snarly & angry, politically & religiously so. Tribal jaundicism is pervasive.
I do not do the American culturalisms of "white identification"; i.e., "republicanism", "country & western", "nascar", "budweiser beer", "mc donalds", "chevy pick- up trucks" (the bastards at gm got government bail out), "an assortment of whatever wacky christian religions suits your interests (including the Aryan Nations http://www.adl.org/learn/ext_us/aryan_nations.asp?xpicked=3&item=an ).
I am culturally conservative, in the "old world" way. A year ago, I "accented" the qualities of my finite life with a beautiful Chinese woman. It does present a few public problems here, though nothing of epic proportions. I still have my "street smarts" from the south side of Chicago.

The crime here is "white". The welfare roles, "white",  health issues "white"...all shapes & sizes as in obesity, many masked by underlying anger or just plain resignation.  Many vulnerable to the likes of right wing wackos, like "fox news", blaming some distant threat, some distant peoples, for their ignorance, their stupidities.

By the way, The Mexicans that go "norte" do not have the opulence of wealth. They are a desperate lot...looking to survive and help their families. They take the jobs that white people will no longer do. Simple question, who works the orchards & fields?
with all due respect, John B

Why would a person actually want to engage in hard work when the federal government is basically making it more attractive and sometimes lucrative to stay un-employed and reliant upon the government, giving the government the figures they need to rationalize bigger government. Here is all the options a person in Georgia has for income, health services, legal assistance, housing assistance, energy assistance, and last on their list( literally) employment assistance.
http://dhs.georgia.gov/sites/dhs.georgia.gov/files/related_files/document/Guide_Health_Social_Services_v8.pdf

And many of these benefits are available to the children of illegal immigrants ( because the children were born here after their parents ILLEGALLY entered the country)which also could be considered a perk since most had no health insurance before they crossed the United States border ILLEGALLY.The parents are not eligible to receive benefits , but they are counted in the household size when determining benefits. They just claim no income because most have no bank accounts and no W-2,s or 1099 that could be used against them. So when you ask the question Who works the fields and orchards, ask your self What incentive is there for the US citizen to work the orchards and fields when the government will pay them to sit on there a$$ and breed more potential democratic voters to keep the machine alive!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 04:31:51 pm by robertt snellgrove »

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
I actually agree with most of what said here. It is a matter of legalities. Laws are ambiguous. Lawyers delight. News services pablum. The common citizen dazed & confused..pissed. What is missing is the element of truth. I still firmly believe the perversions of truth are the politicos. They say anything you want to hear. You cast your vote. WTF happened?
Kind of funny, I saw an upcoming movie clip on Charlie Rose (outstanding commentator on PBS). In a generality, the clip talked about the public that thought America #1, of which like I think, 40% or 60% or so, believed in the existence of angels. We  need to re- introduce "Civics" in school. Maybe we need angels to help the ignoranced see the guiding light. 

Fox News should have an asterisk* on anything published. The rest of the media is questionable.   
The thing I follow is the assault on Julian Assange. A lot of sphincter muscles tightened. If America pulls shit and gets extradition, I truly believe we are in trouble as a free and open democracy. In essence we are just a neurotic police state, the Constitution be damned.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
I actually agree with most of what said here. It is a matter of legalities. Laws are ambiguous. Lawyers delight. News services pablum. The common citizen dazed & confused..pissed. What is missing is the element of truth. I still firmly believe the perversions of truth are the politicos. They say anything you want to hear. You cast your vote. WTF happened?
Kind of funny, I saw an upcoming movie clip on Charlie Rose (outstanding commentator on PBS). In a generality, the clip talked about the public that thought America #1, of which like I think, 40% or 60% or so, believed in the existence of angels. We  need to re- introduce "Civics" in school. Maybe we need angels to help the ignoranced see the guiding light. 

Fox News should have an asterisk* on anything published. The rest of the media is questionable.   
The thing I follow is the assault on Julian Assange. A lot of sphincter muscles tightened. If America pulls shit and gets extradition, I truly believe we are in trouble as a free and open democracy. In essence we are just a neurotic police state, the Constitution be damned.

JohnB,
     You are absolutely right, I think the civics and other related programs should be brought back. As far as Julian Assange, he only done what any anarchist would do given the chance. As far as the army private, he should be taken out and placed before a firing squad for treason. The US has many other methods to deal with Assange without making a  public spectacle out of it. Personally I think we tend to stick our political noses in many places it is not wanted or needed, the world's civilizations survived for thousands of years without the United States tending their affairs and will continue to survive. Some places do need help, not just ours but a combined world effort to stabilize areas and stop or prevent famines and diease. Once our government figures out we are not superman or God the better off we will be. The United Nations is basically a joke and a bottomless money pit with no accountability, I think all nations who are members should contribute equally to membership dues and commitments thus restricting the chance of monetary blackmail for supporting votes to sanctions and other forms of political/economic punishments. I think the parents and schools should strive to make students realize the benefits to themselves and their country when they become more self reliant and begin to hold themselves more accountable for their own well being and support and not rely on the NANNY state to survive!      Robert :)

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
Robert, Robert, Robert,
Julian Assange...anarchist. Doesn't matter the nature of the man. He is a journalist. Whatever happened to the likes of Woodward and Bernstein? Remember Peter Finch in Network? "I'm mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore."
 Network- I'm Mad as Hell
My hat is off to Dan Rather. The right wing wack jobs were like a pack of hyenas chasing him down. There is no such thing as investigative reporting. Advance at your own risk. The path to truth is perilous with their feces.
When was the last time we had good investigative reporting? Is this not a free country? At least supposedly? Maybe Assange has the right idea, the right approach, to exposing the fraudulent, the questionable activities in government. It is kinda odd. As Assange was going to address the Bank of America fiasco, one of his next commands, stole the information. Makes me wonder about the Judas asshole...how much money he was bought for.

There is money in politics. If you address illegal immigration & enforcement, the issues legal origins begin in congress, and enforcement of the laws by the administration. The louder the noise is the more money generated. There is profit in peoples misery, the corollary becomes increased security. The casualty, freedom.

For what it is worth, boot the bastard Rupert Murdoch out of the U.S. and revoke his bought citizenship. The only thing he ever did right was married a Chinese princess. At least he has good taste in women.