Author Topic: 3rd trip to China Chengdu  (Read 3021 times)

Offline Jan

• QQ 1507672319
3rd trip to China Chengdu
« on: June 21, 2012, 04:34:44 am »
Hello, long time no writing from me, even though I stalk these forums regurarily.

So in a few days I will be arriving Chengdu, Shuangliu airprt once again.

Some background/current situation:

I've been to China twice, last summer 2 months and last winter 1 month. Have had great time, been talking on the phone via Skype almost every day, or at least writing/cameraing on QQ.
She was studying foreign nursing and Finnish language even before I met her. But us every day communicating has improved her Finnish by miles of course, compared to her fellow classmates.

Sometimes we can talk for hours, without even realizing its been that long. And her mother often wonders what do we speak about, how do we have so many things to talk about. In her opinion: if you have nothing worthwhile/important to say, no need to speak. Haha so it is hard for to understand that we can just speak about whats happened that day, or in the past or in the future...

Some might remember that I have had some problems with housing, at China. We have managed to delay that, until at least this winter. Or latest the next summer.
All depending if she can get her work Visa to Finland or not.

The first Visa she applied for was denied because of a shitty and idiotic employer who knew nothing about the process of getting her Visa done. Because of that over 10 000rmb was lost in all kinds of fees etc... Her family is angry and don't have much faith in Finland anymore. Even though it was the employers fault. I'll be trying to ask for some of those moneys back from the employer at Finlands end, because it was their fault totally and could be considered as a fraud/scam in the eyes of a police. But probably won't get anything.

Now we have a proper employer who has employed Chinese before and gotten them Visas as well before. So this Visa process will take 3-5 months depending how things turn out. She also says this is her last time she will apply for any other Visa than a spouse Visa. And I agree. If she can't get the Visa this time.
Then I will move to China, look for some gindergarten English teaching job or similar, live there a few years, get married, buy the apartment etc. Then when the spouse Visa is done, takes about 9-15 months. We will check out Finland together.

If she gets the Visa, she will move to Finland, to another city than mine for maybe a 3-6 months duration at first. And when her nursing Finnish language is good, she can work in the capital, Helsinki where I live and live with me.

Anyway we have plans to marry in about one year, after things have settled down at Finland or at China, depending where life and desiny leads us to.

She still hates me for being so fat, but she can tolerate it. Because I am a nice guy and treat her good. Her mother thinks I spoil her too much, spend too much money. But of course her mother is happy seeing her daughter happy.

Anyway, this time. My holiday is a little less than one month. So we won't have that much time to spend together.
We will be focusing on me learning Chinese and her learning Finnish language while I'm there. Seeing relatives, old friends. And I heard that I will get to see a Chinese wedding as well this time. She has been wanting to take me to see a Chinese wedding ever since we met. So I know what to expect. I've only read and seen on movies about those, so I have some kind of idea. But will see then hehe.

Last time I had some problems with the Chinese domestic flights, which caused me to miss my connecting flight to Europe... Cost me almost a thousand euros extra.
So this time I paid some extra to get the direct and simpler flights (only 800 euros all together back and forth still) with KLM, who which I've never had problems with.

She claims she has gotten fatter, but I don't think that can be true. Last time I saw her she was too thin. So maybe now she will be "normal" haha... But in the eyes of Chinese, if youre over 40kg / 80jin girl, you are fat.

I will go and buy a mini video-camera/camera today as well: Veho Muvi Atom. Incase something good/bad happens, I can have it rolling. Because I've read too many horror stories... Better to have that as a backup. Since its smaller than a matchbox. It will easily fit in my trousers coin pocket.
If nothing else, I can take some pictures with it. Since it is 2mega pixels one, the quality will be enough. No need to make gigantic wall posters with 10Mega pixels or more.

Today is my last day at work, I am starting to be really anxious and excited about tomorrow, getting on the plane once again. Seeing China once again.

Her mother does not believe that my Chinese has improved. These last 5 months, I've been on 3 different Chinese courses studying. And also watching a lot of Chinese movies/tv-series with subtitles. So I think my heard/understood Chinese is a lot better. Spoken, well I still can't pronounce anything properly, the tones only go half correct hehe.
But it will mean a lot of her mother thinks that my Chinese has improved. And that she understands that I am studying and working hard for this. Honestly I would not have to study Chinese because I'm an qutie sure that she can come to Finland. But I am doing it for her family and relatives. So when we meet, we can have some basic kind of conversations. Instead of her always translating, me being quiet and only others talking things.

I'm not sure if I can post updates during my trip. But at least after and maybe some photos.

The longer we are apart, the more we get to know each others because of every day communication. She gets angry easily, but she only means well for me. And I just have to get used to the Chinese customs haha... Sometimes it takes a few minutes or hours of me being quiet and thinking what is going on.
But I think I will feel like returning to home when I go back.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: 3rd trip to China Chengdu
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 10:44:11 am »
Have a safe and enjoyable trip Jan and we look forward to your next post , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline daghoi

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 04:24:30 pm »

Have a great trip, and enjoy. All the best wishes from Norway

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 12:09:41 am »
I hope you have a wonderful trip. I look forward to reading all about it.

Offline shaun

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 06:25:43 am »
Have a great trip.