Author Topic: Could it be a third trip for me?  (Read 4312 times)

Offline shaun

Could it be a third trip for me?
« on: June 22, 2012, 08:38:37 pm »
Float like a butter fly, sting like a bee, watch out boys, it's a third trip for me.

The last two years have been rather difficult.  First Peggy was turned down for a fiance visa, then my store went out of business, and finally my regular job for my benefits cut back and I found myself with an extreme lack of cash.

Through it all Peggy has hung in there.  It has been rocky at times.  But I could not have found a better woman to spend the rest of my life with.

I'm not out of the woods yet but things are looking a lot better.  I took a job this summer with the idea of using the money for a third trip.

The plan is to leave July 14th and return August 2nd.  The main purpose is to be with my girl.  Her main purpose is to tie a knot around my finger.  Yes we'll get married while I am there.

I got the message today that my visa was approved by the Chinese consulate and it should be here by Monday.

Now to find a reasonably priced airplane ticket.  Dang they are ranging from $1700.00 to $5000.00.  I was going to try priceline.com but I didn't like the drawbacks so I guess I'll call Delta and try to whittle them down.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 07:12:13 am by shaun »

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Re: Could it be a third trip for me?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 08:58:06 pm »
Wow, this is very exciting news! I look forward to reading all about this trip. All the best to both of you.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 10:02:53 pm »
Good News Shaun. 

Trouble is get closer to the day and prices go up on airline.  Plus a lot of airline travel at that time for the Olympics in London and that has a knock on effect World wide.

Have you tried Elong I have had some good prices from them in the past.

Getting married is going to assist your later application so good luck with that.

May bump into you next month then.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 11:04:24 pm »
Shaun, you have to check flights on a Tuesday or Wednesday (don't remember which) that's when the pricing is the lowest. Glad to hear your taking the trip. Good luck.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 11:20:45 pm »
Here is a link for ticket shopping.   http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/best-day-buy-airline-tickets-secrets-finding-cheap/story?id=10737207#.T-U6IbRQSyE

P.S.  If you want to check a certain site again in a few days to see if the prices have dropped, remember to clear your cookies for that site, if not the price you were quoted your first visit will most likely be the same price you get again. When I check different sites for comparison I never log in and always clear my cookies so the site thinks I am a first time visitor and offers their best price.    Robert :)

Offline shaun

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 09:13:43 am »
Thanks for all of the assistance.  It has been 2 years so I don't remember all of the tricks.

Willy, leave it to the confounded Brits to be the cause of all of the ticket prices being jacked up.  ;D

Am looking forward to this one.  Maybe Peggy and I will be able to meet Gerry and Willy.  That is if Willy can come out of his Ivory palace for a little while or could lower his standards to be seen with an American.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:39:31 am by shaun »

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 09:37:44 am »
Shaun , as you live in the middle of nowhere , not sure where and travelling to somewhere , not sure where as there are now probably an extra 20 flights a week out of various U.S airports including Chinese airlines keep a low profile and sniff around , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 01:07:11 pm »
Thanks for all of the assistance.  It has been 2 years so I don't remember all of the tricks.

Willy, leave it to the confounded Brits to be the cause of all of the ticket prices being jacked up.  ;D

Am looking forward to this one.  Maybe Peggy and I will be able to meet Gerry and Willy.  That is if Willy can come out of his Ivory palace for a little while or could lower his standards to be seen with an American.

Hey Shaun,
    In case Willy can't leave his Ivory palace, I used Google maps and got this photograph so you could locate him. Just look for this building when you get there. ;)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 09:57:45 pm »

Maybe that can be arranged but one major thought. You are hoping to meet two people whose names end with WHY!!!!!

As long as there is not too much walking to do I will endeavour to get there.    ;D

Willy

PS. Robertt you failed to say that mine is the one with the warning flag flying. ;D

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 12:36:45 pm »

PS. Robertt you failed to say that mine is the one with the warning flag flying. ;D

Not ...Flying at half mast? But then I do hear they tell that you are a fine upstanding citizen  8)
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances