Author Topic: Finally married  (Read 4337 times)

Offline Hans

• Once you go Asian you never go Caucasian
    • http://motpol.blogspot.com
Finally married
« on: July 15, 2012, 02:41:01 am »
There's been a while since I posted something substantial here but the process with me and my fianceé Wenjun (文君) has been going well. We married in Sweden on July 7th so she’s finally my wife. We had a small but romantic wedding in a church in northern Sweden with some friends and relatives. I think for the first time in my life, I can say I am genuinely happy.

We had plans on getting married in China first, but that did not work out for several reasons. We still want to have a Chinese wedding in the future, though.

Last year she applied for a 2-year residence permit in Sweden and was interviewed by the Swedish consulate in Hong Kong spring last year. I filled out the necessary paperwork and sent them along with proof of the sincerety of our relationship (such as flight tickets, hotel bookings and tons of pictures of us and our families together) to the Migration Board. I expected to wait a long time, even before I would be called for an interview. The files said the board hoped to be able to make a decision within six months. One month later, to the day, my fianceé received an email from the consulate and a few days later I got the formal decision from the Migration Board. A residence permit for two years was approved. I never thought it would be that easy.

Background (for those who don't already know about it):

We first met on China Love on May 15th 2009, I visited her in December that year, the following summer and again this year. She first visited me in Sweden over Christmas and New Year 2010. She finally arrived in Sweden in October this year, about two and a half years after our initial contact online, carrying only a big bag with some of her belongings. Now we’ve been living together since October last year and everything is great – even though learning Swedish is a challenge, especially since her Swedish For Immigrants class is unsatisfying in many ways, making me into a substitute teacher every evening. The more I teach her, the more I realize that Chinese is actually easier and more logical!

It’s been a long wait but well worth it. Although everything has not been going according to plan we are finally together.

I want to thank all of you who supported me when I had some concerns and doubts. It can indeed be a bumpy road when you find love in a country so far away, having to rely on translators and agencies initially. I feel I’ve been lucky to have had such a smooth process after all, even though it did take a long time from our first kiss to her residence permit and finally marriage.

To everyone still looking for your true love: never give up! Love will strike.   :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:59:44 am by Hans »

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
Re: Finally married
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 02:46:37 am »
To Mr and Mrs Hans, congratulations.  It has certainly been a long road for you both.  Now you are both together.  After the 2 years visa finishes does this entitle her to permanent residency?  I certainly hope so.  Great looking photos their too mate.

And what your avator says is SO SO SO true......
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 06:30:24 am »
I just love happy endings.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 07:27:20 am »
Congratulations Hans to you and your lovely wife , seems like your Consulate is very prompt ,
with Swedish efficiency , and you had all their immigration requirements at hand as proof , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 08:24:34 am »
Hi Jason. I think Sweden is a bit like the UK they give 2 years to start with then they need to apply for full residency after that time.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 09:38:31 am »
congradulations Hans to you and your lovely wife.

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 10:12:20 am »
congrats to you both, MinYing and John,

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 03:50:53 pm »
Many congratulations to you both, wishing you much happiness

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 03:58:37 pm »
Congrats to the both of you! :)    Best Wishes and Good Health!, Robertt

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 08:50:23 pm »
Congratulations to you both.  I can just remember when I was as young as you.  You have many many years of happiness ahead of you.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 11:35:44 pm »
WoooHooo Hans !! Congrats to the very Happy couple ;D
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!