Author Topic: agency problems  (Read 7108 times)

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
Re: agency problems
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 02:19:36 am »
ok, I needed a few days to "cool off". Still ticked at the agency. A few days ago I received an email on two accounts from the agency. I was told in the email:
     1) They never "threatened any visa problems"
     2) They requested I remove my comments from the forum. (I have done so, but not for them, for my brothers here, that was a bit angry)
     3) They gave their "justifications" for why they should be paid.

Yes, I sent a reply. My wife told me that her mama has told her to pay the agency. I have issued the legal challenge in response. I issued the challenge in my reply email. after I sent said email. My wife told me, her mama said to pay the agency. So I'm torn. I'm annoyed again. I'm just another stubborn @## Yank, who refuses to bow before fraudulent behavior. This view made worse by the fact that I'm an accountant to boot. Just ask any accountant how we feel regarding misrepresentation and fraud. I take that back, ask any accountant who isn't in jail or awaiting sentencing for doing those two things.

I will say, in some instances, this agency has helped people. I will say that when they said, we must use them to communicate, because we were not communicating effectively. They can suck a rotten turkey egg from the back side of a rotting turkey carcas. I think they suffer an issue with their interpreters trying to meet letter quotas. Coupled with a management issue of permitting/encouraging such behavior, thinking that if they deny it happens, people will believe them.

I also made sure that I told the agency that I knew the day I met my wife, I remember it well. I also remember the argument between my wife and the nasty little leech who was trying to bleed me for money, clothes and expensive gifts. I also distinctly remember how hard it was not to focus on my wife that day. I had a hell of a time. I know this is why her grandmother went to the agency and pursuaded them to give her my QQ. Most importantly, I knew I was coming back to Handan, I remembered exactly where that shop was. How to get there by street. I was prepared to walk the distance. Just so I could find her. The agency providing my QQ number just simplified the experience for me. I know my wife gave money to the agency, because I gave her the money, with the understanding that it was for the introduction. In August of 2011, we went to the agency, talked with them and that's when we were told we had to use the agency. This is exactly the point where I decided I was done with them. I tried to reason with her that day, but she insisted no wrongs had been committed. I don't live by "nengpian...(能骗)".

So to my brothers, I apoligize for getting angry. For those who had no problems with the agency in Handan, my apologies. For those who realized the agency did commit some wrongs, I know you understand. I will end my writings on this thread.

Lloyd
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 07:37:40 pm »
Before you leave this Lloyd, has this agency ever produced to you or any one else that they have the necessary licence that is required to introduce Chinese Nationals to foreigners?

I will also add that I can see Mama's side. I met a women here who was having a problem with an agency and I asked her to check if they had this licence.  However she said regardless of whether they did or not have a licence she felt obliged to pay them the fees that she had signed up for.
It was a matter of principle for her.

willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline lfputman3

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 10:45:29 am »
Willy,

I have not received a reply from the agency. I really don't expect any response from them following my reply and challenge, but I expect that behind my and my wife's backs, they are continuing to say nasty things.

However, my wife informed me mama was down at the agency office today, before heading out for the evening.

I also know understand why Laolao is working so hard to stay in good with the agency. Some chap has sent her flowers, with a card, "come grow old with me, the best is yet to come", hats off to him and good luck.

I have since also learned that there is apparently a "VIP program" and the system is about introductions, the agency getting paid, and that is that. The lady's are apparently told a man is writing to them. They are notified when a letter is recieved. However it seems that very few ladies actually try to write their responses. This is what the VIP program is for. I shouldn't write this, because of all the trouble, I, my wife and her family have had, but I believe after my first experience with the lady, it makes sense as to why things went the way they did. The agency did apologize for her "lack of desire toward committment". However, I believe my brothers deserve to know that this is a practice. Which of course, the agency will no doubt deny.

My wife said she did receive translations of my letters. However, she already knew what was in the letters, because I had told her on QQ. I know, it's twisted, but after the first run-in problems, I had to test the system. They failed and I hope they finally understand that.

Lloyd

1744748245@qq.com

Arnold

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 02:27:01 pm »
Lloyd, I on behave of the Forum Staff.. really thank you for your Post's on that subject. We can use all the info to put some more light into the dark corners of those Agencies, that don't want to play by the rules. Not even honor Maxx's 24 hour Rule, which goes way too far. Thanks for sharing!

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 07:11:27 pm »
I shouldn't write this, because of all the trouble, I, my wife and her family have had, but I believe after my first experience with the lady, it makes sense as to why things went the way they did. The agency did apologize for her "lack of desire toward committment". However, I believe my brothers deserve to know that this is a practice. Which of course, the agency will no doubt deny.
Lloyd

Knowledge is power, and there is no need to apologize.  As long as you have the truth behind you, then there is no reason to hide it from the public.  These agencies depend on us men not communicating with each other to get the truth out there.  So do not apologize, and feel free to write your experiences.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 09:55:10 pm »
My own experience with one agency was that I finally sent a text to the translator that said . 'I am considering whether to take you, the agency or both to court'  not much more than 5 minutes later lady received a telephone call from the translator to say that her agreement has been torn up and she was asked not to talk to anyone about it.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline lfputman3

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 10:22:16 am »
I guess now it doesn't matter, because of laolao receiving flowers and letters from someone, if he's a real person anyway. Mama went and gave the agency the money, my wife told me about it today. Mama did so today.

I hope this works out for laolao, and I pray for my and my wife's sanity that he's in some part of the country I don't intend to go to anytime soon. Mama is great, but, um, yeah. You know there's a problem when your wife tells you after the wedding, "Honey, we're never sponsering a visa for her." Even worse, I heartily agree. Besides, she and her "friend" offended my parents. She also made my sis a little panicky, she clung to her most of the day.

Lloyd

1744748245@qq.com

Offline lfputman3

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 08:59:18 am »
I felt I should add, if the man laolao knows is one of the brothers. Please, don't take offense to us not wanting her around us. We both have our reasons.

1744748245@qq.com