Author Topic: agency problems  (Read 7109 times)

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
agency problems
« on: July 23, 2012, 09:59:39 am »
Ok, I know I've seen it here before, but please, because I need to shove it down someone's throat (LaoLao and her friends at the agency causing the problems).

What authority does the agency for collection from the ladies after marriage? Do they have any leverage in Guangzhou? How can I politely and if they didn't listen, impolitely put them in their place?

For the record. When they gave my wife's Laolao my QQ and email, my profile status on ChnLove, was hidden. So this by my recollection is the individual agency, not that I'm not happy to have had my wife contact me, but we met outside the agency. I had no idea she was with the agency.

I do not have with me, copies of the couple emails we exchanged through the agency, but I do know that they were not written by my wife, because when she supposedly wrote and sent them from the agency, she was home, on QQ talking with me, via videochat. Had not even picked up the emails, so obviously she had not written the reply.

So there's the nutshell. I know Laolao is involved, even though she says she isn't. I also know the first woman I came to Handan to meet, is involved. She tried talking to me via QQ, but wouldn't get to the point. So I knew it was the agency.

All the help and advice I can receive is much appreciated. We would really rather put them in their place, right now, her mama is afraid the threats are correct. "If the agency calls Guangzhou, they can stop her Visa."

Thank you,
Lloyd and Yuan
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Arnold

Re: agency problems
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 11:04:50 am »
Ahhhh... the Agency's favorite threat! No Pay "Us"--- No "Visa" This has been talked about here often and found out .. they do not have any authority what the Immigration Process concerns. Unless, you make it a Police Issue out of it and start doing a "Shark Attack" on someone from an Agency.
Anyway, if you have 100% Proof those letters were NOT from your LaoPo.. so how would this then make them involved in any way.. you two getting together? They are full of it and I don't mean your Money!

Offline lfputman3

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 11:51:47 am »
So as long as we don't do anything stupid that would bring the boys/girls in blue down on us. As I thought, they can bite it. Preferably one of those smelly little things the new puppy leaves around the house/neighborhood.
Thank you Arnold, the little woman just took a deep breath. Also thanks to Irish for the little flag working today. She seen the US flag and believes Arnold speaks the truth. I'll have to pull up the full feed from previous posts tomorrow, not working, but hey, I am getting my first haircut in China  :o  oh please don't let it be a gel experience like the photo studio, or the wedding.

Again, thanks,
Lloyd

1744748245@qq.com

Vince G

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 12:30:51 pm »
Lloyd, here's a few points to make

1) Is there a contract? and does it say they can collect if there is a marriage?

2) Ask for a copy of their proper license to introduce foreigners to Chinese nationals?

here's the page that it was discussed on...   http://www.chnromance.com/index.php/topic,1936.msg32906.html#msg32906

guess you can pick up some more pointers there.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 04:33:19 pm »
Then again, this is China.  A little money in the right hands can change a lot of rules (or the promise of money, once you've paid). 

Since this is a two way street, have you thought about sitting down with whoever it is from the agency and talking to them?  Maybe grease their palm a bit.  Might save you some money, save them a lot of face, and maybe even cut out some of the middle men that seem to want a piece.

Just a thought.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline maxx

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 05:50:48 pm »
Lloyd tell the agency to go piss up a rope.Then tell them you want to see there licence to introduce. Chinese national to a foreigner..Tell them if that can't produce the licence.That you will go get the police yourself.And bring them back to there office.And they can discuss the matter in full.With the police.From the inside of there cell.

As far as them jerking you around when you file for your wife's visa in GZ. The agency's don't have any pull there.They are trying to buffalo you.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 06:50:31 pm »
I am getting my first haircut in China  :o  oh please don't let it be a gel experience like the photo studio, or the wedding.

Again, thanks,
Lloyd

You will love the haircut Lloyd. It always includes a shampoo and the a body massage. 
Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 06:58:48 pm »
I am getting my first haircut in China  :o  oh please don't let it be a gel experience like the photo studio, or the wedding.

Again, thanks,
Lloyd

You will love the haircut Lloyd. It always includes a shampoo and the a body massage. 
Willy

Ohhh yes.. a full body massage with a happy ending ( looking like Martin )       sorry Boss

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 07:07:16 pm »
Maxx and Vince are right Lloyd.  There are one or two of all the agencies that are attached to Chnlove that have the correct licence.   One of them is in Guangzhou where the originator of Chnlove is situated.  But there are many agencies there so I do not know which is which.

The agencies use all sorts of threats etc to collect the money for the contracts that the women have signed.

In our case the translator told me a blatant lie which we used against them. So when she sent me a text  and asked 'how was I'  I wrote back " How am I. How do you think I am? You lied to me and I am now considering whether to take you or the agency or both to court"

Within five minutes or so my then fiance received a telephone call from the agency telling her that they were tearing up her contract and that she was asked not to speak about this to anyone.

We have never heard from them again.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 05:12:17 am »

Again, thanks,
Lloyd

Willy

Ohhh yes.. a full body massage with a happy ending ( looking like Martin )       sorry Boss
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!  What does THAT mean???  :P :P

Offline lfputman3

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 05:17:05 am »

Again, thanks,
Lloyd

Willy

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!  What does THAT mean???  :P :P

I don't know, I had a dude, he washed my hair, befor and after. No massage-y, just a cut.

Willy, I've been to Korea and remember how they said we were not to get haircuts off-base. Something about "steam-clean"?  :o

1744748245@qq.com

• Board Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 06:13:43 am »
You must have gone to a cheapo place. Here for 15 rmb you get the two washes by man and a massage by a girl.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline lfputman3

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 09:16:11 am »
You must have gone to a cheapo place. Here for 15 rmb you get the two washes by man and a massage by a girl.

Willy

Yes, it was cheap, 10rmb, but it's the same place my wife goes, so I'm stuck with it. besides, they did a good job on the hair. I was worried they'd have trouble not leaving "lines" because I've got cornsilk hair, it's obnoxious most days, especially on the days you have a new barber

Lloyd

1744748245@qq.com

• Board Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 07:30:00 pm »
Lloyd it does not have to be form Hong Kong.  The agencies can view this forum from anywhere in China. That was why it has an independent IP.

Will send you a Private Post

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline lfputman3

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 10:39:03 pm »
Willy, sorry, I said HK, but the agency called and told mama, someone from a HK agency called and told them. I know it was probably themselves looking, but they don't want to admit they looked at the forum.

1744748245@qq.com