Author Topic: Online gift shopping in china  (Read 7912 times)

Offline fivetrout

Online gift shopping in china
« on: July 23, 2012, 07:18:59 pm »
Hi all! Well I've got the online flower buying down, but what about other gifts? Is there online shopping in China in English with quick delivery and low shipping rates such as an department store or Amazon? Thanks!

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
Re: Online gift shopping in china
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 08:10:04 pm »
Here is the place I like best.
http://www.amazon.cn/

It is affiliated with amazon.com and has the same look and feel except everything is in Chinese.  But you can find just about anything there and once you set up your payment account, purchasing and paying is very quick.

They have a distribution center here in Guangzhou so everything for me arrives the next day. And it is delivered right to your door. The prices are better that the other merchants around here by about 10-20 percent.

Here a some others but I wouldnt trust them as far as I could throw them.
http://www.paipai.com/?pps=etg.0_11178_9_0&outInfo=&PTAG=20097.1.1
http://www.aliexpress.com/  (great prices but they will not ship to mainland china.)

gome is a retailer of appliances and electrical toys but I cant find their online store anymore. (maybe because their shares have dropped 20% and the owner is now in Jail)
Suning Appliance is a major competitor of gome.
Best buy has a partner here in China Five Star Appliance Co., Ltd. I dont know if they sell online or not.

And of course what would China be without Walmart? They have an online sams store. http://www.samsclub.cn/sams/homepage.jsp

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:34:34 pm by Pineau »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 09:51:11 pm »
without Walmart and the efforts of Sam Walton, China, would still be China, but they wouldn't have so many manufacturing jobs, because Walmart would not have forced companies to move their operations to China, or be dropped from Walmart's supplier list...

don't forget annie flower, I've used them several times. they offer the basic flowers, candy, stuffed animals, and such. definately cheaper than using the agency gift site and depending on where your lady is, much more convenient.
http://www.annieflower.com
http://www.chinaflower.com.cn

Lloyd
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 11:15:24 pm »
Great! I'll take a look!

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 10:47:23 pm »
I wonder where WalMart in China gets their crap from?  Mexico?

Offline maxx

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 11:23:14 pm »
No they import it from England. ;)

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 05:23:34 am »

Vietnam and India
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 06:07:17 am »

But then we are clever as we can sell anything to the USA.  Even London Bridge which they thought was the iconic Tower Bridge. ;D ;D ;D

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 07:58:33 pm »
No worries Willy we Have a couple of people working at the Bridge.Everytime a British tourist comes to see the bridge.They sell the bridge back to The British tourist at half price. the last thirty years.We have made enough money from the British tourist.To build a rd around the world.We are just waiting for you.To come and cut the red ribbon to open the new rd.

If your interested I have a different Bridge.Or a statue to sell you if your that interested.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:11:57 pm by maxx »

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 08:29:19 pm »
No worries Willy we Have a couple of people working at the Bridge.Everytime a British tourist comes to see the bridge.They sell the bridge back to The British tourist at half price. the last thirty years.We have made enough money from the British tourist.To build a rd around the world.We are just waiting for you.To come and cut the red ribbon to open the new rd.

If your interested I have a different Bridge.Or a statue to sell you if your that interested.

British Tourist coming to the USA?  Is that plural?  You mean you get more than one tourist voluntarily going into the USA. ;D

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline maxx

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 11:16:36 pm »
yeah all the time.They come hear to get away from stogy old England.Hell they even overstay there visa's and immigration has to round them up.I know nurses and doctor's and musicians.That have all defected from England.The doctor and the nurse have ben here for over twenty years.The musician has ben here close to thirty years.Jolly old England isn't so Jolly.That's why you run into Britt's all over the world.I even ran into one who was living in the ghetto in Mexico.He told me he would Rather live in the ghetto in Mexico.Then ever go back.To England.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 02:16:27 am »
Sorry Maxx. I am afraid you do not have the correct balance of sarcasism to compete.  ;D

Good try though.  But then maybe it is because mine comes from my heart and not from the keyboard. 8)

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Offline maxx

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 10:37:08 am »
Willy i would reply.But I have to take the kids outside and play.In the sunshine.with the green grass.And the warm air.I will think of you while you are sucking another lung full of poluted stinking air.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »
Gee thanks Maxx. Nice of you to think of me.

Still taking the kids out into the fresh air is something I never intended to do, ever and it will never happen.  I long ago stuck to guns (whoa, that's a bad phrase for me) and decided never to bring another sole into this world.  There are too many already and kids would not have fitted into my lifestyle.

How bad was the air in Zhuhai when you were last there?  Zhongshan is even smaller and has the same big roads with far less cars and no heavy industrial factories to pollute the Pearl Delta Estuary.

By the time that happens I will be on the way out from this world having lived a most eventful and interesting and well travelled life without the incumberment of an immediate family.

The only place that I ever got sick with bad water was the good old USA.  But i think that was on my fourth or fifth visit - can't remember which but at my age the memory does go astray at times.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 10:26:23 pm »
and decided never to bring another sole into this world.  There are too many already and kids would not have fitted into my lifestyle.

Willy

Nor fit into your shoes  ;D
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances