Author Topic: My wife and I  (Read 4012 times)

Offline Mei

My wife and I
« on: August 19, 2012, 11:11:26 am »
Hello people,

I was bored and looking for sites that have people that married through chnlove or sites like it. Anyways, I met my wife through chnlove and we've been happily married for close to three years.

My wife lives with me in Southern California. She's from Hunan province, in China. Her visa process was simple and took twelve months. I spent several months with her in Hunan.

We lead a simple life and get along very well.  Language is still a barrier but by keeping things simple it doesn't become a problem. We married in Hunan and keep our names and also each have names from our new homes and families.

Our families and friends have completely accepted our marriage and are completely happy for us. I guess we are lucky we found each other.

I sometimes read about people and their difficulties with communication, visas, and acceptance with such marriages. By keeping things simple people can avoid many pitfalls with these relationships. I thought I would share our experience and say hello!

Sincerly, Mei

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
Re: My wife and I
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 11:31:06 am »
Mei welcome to the forum
after readiing  your spoken words i agree entirely
life is simple   well done   people in this forum take note
i dont have headaches do forum members ? :)

Offline maxx

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 05:52:50 pm »
Mei welcome to the forum.Me and my wife have ben married for 6 years.And have 3 boys.It took 11 months for the visa approval..I think you have a good point.Keep it simple.And try not to over think things to much.

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 06:53:44 pm »
Agree with all the above keep it simple but also be honest. Do not give the Immigration office any doubts.  And just to rub it in a little my wife's visa application took 2 weeks..
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 08:51:27 pm »
Hi Mei

I also married a lady from Hunan almost three years ago. She is from Hengyang,  And keeping conversation also simple suits me fine.  The only difference is that I intend to live here in China.  My wife would prefer to life here close to her wider family.  So far no serious rifts have evolved.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline lfputman3

• Don't count the days until, count the days after
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 11:13:35 am »
Agree with all the above keep it simple but also be honest. Do not give the Immigration office any doubts.  And just to rub it in a little my wife's visa application took 2 weeks..

I'm gonna say, b/c I know someone else is also thinking it, congrats on the short wait, but you still suck man... I'm crossing my fingers and praying for a nice "white Michigan Christmas" so everyone back home will stop asking, "when?"

Lloyd
Better to plunge in and drowned, than sit on the pier wondering.

1744748245@qq.com

Offline Mei

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 08:58:24 am »
Hello again,

Yesterday we had our three year anniversary! I bought my wife a dozen rose when coming home from work. She was so happy she post pics of them on her QQ.

Today we are going to Disneyland. This will be her first time going. I'm curious are there members on this forum living in SoCal?

In a few weeks my wife will return to Hunan to be with family. I wish I could go with her but I have a busy work schedule. I envy you Willy. I really love living in China! Eventually we will retire and live there.

John, my wife's visa interview took about five minutes. The lady giving the interview looked at our pics and seen one where we had very silly looks and was convinced the relationship was real. The only question she asked my wife was my name!

Mei

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 10:10:21 am »
Mei,
I am happy for you & your wife. One question? Not too shabby. 3 years a good beginning of forever.
The thing is roses...if I bought roses for Jing, she thinks a waste of money. She much prefers vegetables instead of flowers. I think I gave her carrot tops last April.
Good luck to the both of you in life. Maybe some day we connect in China. Visit “Free” Willy & his wife.

Arnold

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 12:26:30 pm »
Hi Mei,
to answer your question.. anybody in So.Cal. here on this Forum? Well, I happen to fit that search. I live in Palmdale with my LaoPo of four years plus. Send me a PM (with more details), as we can somehow get to meet for Coffee or something.