Author Topic: Hello and Some Questions  (Read 7590 times)

Offline uhhcanadianwomen

Re: Hello and Some Questions
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 11:40:19 am »
Neil
Good thing to keep in mind. Can you apply in Beijing no matter where you're lady lives?

David
I'm not looking for a lady with kids or that wants to have kids and will be making that quite clear. Not that I don't like kids.
So I should avoid a whole slew of issues there.

A few more questions..

Does anyone know how long you can visit China. I'm guessing it would be on a typical tourist Visa and might be 3 months but I don't know.

How do Asian women generally feel about living abroad in say Europe (not UK)?
It's been a plan for me for some time. If they're only interested in USA, CAN, UK that's going to be a real issue. Not to mention the motivation that brings to light.

Sean

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 02:08:26 pm »
No, you really have no choice.  I emailed Beijing on this question.  In fact, it doesn't even matter where she is living now.  If she was born in the south, Hong Kong will handle the paperwork, even if she lives in Beijing now.

They usually issue your first visa as a 3 or 6 month, but limit it to 30 days and a single entry.  My second visa was good for a year, but only 2 entries, still 30 days.  Things have changed a bit, I'm told.  Check your nearest Chinese Consulate (Ontario?).  The website should be easy to find.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 08:09:35 pm »
If you come to my part of the country it is no problem to renew visa. Just go to Hong Kong or Macau for a day and do it there.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline uhhcanadianwomen

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 02:17:17 pm »
Willy,
Wow, an easily renewable tourist visa? Sounds to good to be true.
The prospects of an extended visit are getting more and more likely.

It would be nice if I had one or two good sites to get some prospectives going. I'm still searching.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 11:10:07 pm »
Others have gone to Hong Kong airport and renewed their visa there.  I walked into Macau from Zhuhai when I needed an urgent renewal of my visa.

I could have done it the same day but with Macau being the Asian Las Vegas then I convinced my wife that I needed to stay overnight. 8)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 06:33:27 am »
In the USA a tourist visa of 90 days or 1 year are available. I always tell them I am going to visit family and the 1 year is always granted. I use a service  in San Francisco .  They offer a 1 week turnaround and a rush service as well.

Google visarite.

If you don't want to go across the border to hong kong then try this. When I needed to renew my Visa in China I went to the government immigration bureau in Guangzhou. (next door to the Bauhinia hotel  Your hotel (5 star) will provide the proof of where you are staying. Make sure ! then go stay there for one night and ask for the paper when you check out. There just happens to be a hotel next door to the immigration building that will provide you with the document.

Guangzhou Bauhinia Hotel 
No.151 Jiefang South Road, Yuexiu District, Yue Xiu, 510120 Guangzhou
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

• Board Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 10:34:12 am »
Gerry,

Surely if you are married to a Chinese National you could just renew your Visa at the Public Security Bureau as I do every year.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 12:45:22 am »
In fact, it doesn't even matter where she is living now.  If she was born in the south, Hong Kong will handle the paperwork, even if she lives in Beijing now.

Check also to see where her (family book) huouko (sp) is registered as that is what they usually go off for all matters of where things have to be done.  I know that they can have it changed around to different cities.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.