Author Topic: Hello and Some Questions  (Read 7589 times)

Offline uhhcanadianwomen

Hello and Some Questions
« on: November 13, 2012, 11:15:05 pm »
Hi,

New here obviously.
You guys seem to have a lot of experience so I'm glad I've found the place.

I was on chnlove. I forget now what landed me there in the first place.
I very quickly realized that the chat is generated by agency staff, as are the admiration contacts. Some of the profiles seem like they could actually be just translations of what the lady wanted to put there (without all the creative intervention that no one asked for).

I have to give it just a little credit though. They are at least real agencies listed that I wouldn't have known how to find otherwise.

Basically the site is a total waste otherwise as far as I'm concerned. If I can't contact any of the ladies then I'd rather just go over there for a month or something and do a speed dating type thing.

I've read of QQ here but I'm not sure how I go from having it to getting in touch with ladies through it.
Can someone elaborate?

I've found one or two truly free dating sites for other nationalities but not China. Are there any that let you exchange contact info freely?

I did find chinalovematch which seems to have real ladies on it (mostly, I can see some pretty obvious agency ads) but both members have to be paid in order to mail. Nobody on there is paid so pointless.
Thinking of putting my QQ or Skype right in the profile. I bet they wouldn't notice.

Sorry. That seems like a bit of a mess above. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Hello and Some Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:21:15 am »
Hi there,

Welcome aboard. 

Your best idea is to come to China.  I did that in May 2009 and came for 6 weeks and have been here ever since.  Found a wife here and intend to stay.

I started by looking at Chnlove which gave me the incentive to make the trip and it was being here I found the lady I wanted to marry.

The ladies on Chnlove do not actually get to read your messages as they are telephoned and their reply in taken down by the translator and then sent to you.  More often than not the reply will be embellished by the translator.  At least in my early days I could have direct contact but this is no longer available.

The ladies never get to see your profile that is only for the agencies benefit.
Willy, I wouldn't say that is totally true. Qing actually made her decision from three Men that were writing her at the time (including me) strictly based on my "Profile" and the "Photo" I added.

If you come here you will find women are only too happy to talk with you - just sit in Mcdonalds for 30 minutes and you will find many are wanting to talk with you.

QQ is OK as they women will find your profile on their. Most Chinese women have QQ.

Others will have more info on the sites they used.

Willy
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:16:08 am by Arnold »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline daghoi

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 06:21:11 am »

I met a few through match.com. 

I started using match after my first trip to China. The next trip to China I met a them in person.

And btw to make arrangement to meet more than one woman on your trip to China is a bad idea....More people than me can vouche for that. It is probably material for a own thread. It is some information about that around the board, probably spread around several threads.

Good luck, and a trip to China is highly recomended. Have a healthy, sceptic, approach, and treat the woman with respect. They work harder than most of us, and when you get to know them, they will share their life story with you.

Kind regards

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 08:57:42 am »
QQ is an option...in your profile, you list that you speak English and are single...assuming of course that you speak English.  Going the QQ route is free, but also has the risk of opening the door to scammers.  But you can also find a lovely lady through this route...other members have.

Where in Canada are you?  We have members here from BC, Alberta, and a few of us in Ontario.  We had a Quebec member before, but nobody from east of Ontario now.

Offline uhhcanadianwomen

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 03:22:52 pm »
Thanks for the replies.

Willy. That's pretty cool you decided to stay over there. I would consider it. Can I ask what made you decide on that?

I'm checking out match now.
Not bad at all. Still paid but we'll see. If it's really useful I don't mind.

I have to ask if you can explain a little more about meeting multiple ladies in one visit being a bad idea.
I would not spend 2k on a plane ticket to see one lady.

I'm always careful. I highly doubt anyone could put anything past me. I'll look at getting QQ going.

I'm in Ontario. BTW.

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 04:03:41 pm »
Hello Newbie, I would recommend Chineselovelinks, as you can instantly contact these ladies once you are a paid member. It is inexpensive compared to Chnlove, and there are 1,000's of real women wanting to meet men! Many of the women are just standard members, so you can look but not make contact. Once you make contact, you can then ask them for their QQ number if they have one. You cannot put your QQ number on your profile. They will not allow it. I would encourage you to install QQ messenger.
It is good to form a friendship with a few ladies on QQ, then see how things develop. It is a bit like meeting women at a party. You need to circulate and see how you feel when you talk to the woman.
QQ has a translation facility on it, so you can write in English, and then translate it. Also, if the woman sends in Chinese characters, you can put your cursor on the phrase and left click, it will translate for you.
If you need more help, plenty of guys know how to use QQ messenger. It is their version of Skype, but not as clear. It also uses a lot of your internet download.
Hope this has been helpful
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline maxx

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 06:52:34 pm »
What about about checking out Robert's site? I think it is free to Check out.And he screens the members before they join.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 10:55:50 pm »
Thanks for the replies.

Willy. That's pretty cool you decided to stay over there. I would consider it. Can I ask what made you decide on that?

I originally made arrangements to come here for 6 weeks to meet a lady I had been chatting to but within days I knew that although we were not going to make a match but I liked it her and I decided I wanted stay for at least six months and I took an apartment in Zhuhai and met many ladies.  Some where via an agency some I just met out and about.   I got on the short bus ride to Zhongshan one day and the rest as they say is history.

China is a huge country and I would suggest that if you come you go to the more accessible places.  Beijing and Shanghai are easy to get to with direct flights but they are so expensive places to stay.  Guangzhou is another popular place but also can be expensive.   Mind you when I first arrived I probably thought that it was cheap but after several years I think I have developed that Chinese concern about money!!!

I settled on Zhuhai and Zhonghan in particular as it is a small city and prices are still cheap here.  You can rent a two bedroom apartment for 1500 rmb a month.  I bought our apartment here for about 1/3rd of the price it would have cost in Guangzhou.

But the plus is that is is just a ferry ride from Hong Kong Airport where there are daily flights to so many countries it makes traveling so much easier.
I would suggest to anyone - find the best location to suit you and the ladies will be there.

Of course I had the added bonus of not having to work. 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline daghoi

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 04:44:15 am »

Hi !

About meeting several on the same trip. It’s about practical stuff. Perhaps I should have written, do not meet too many. It’s the practical side of it, if you hit it on with someone you want to spend more time with her. How shall you handle the others girls you have been chatting with for months and still not met in person ? Another thing,It’s a good chance that the girl has a job, and mostly they work long hours. So you have to adjust to their schedule. So it is a good idea not to have to thigh schedule while there. You would also need some extra time to navigate a city that you do not know. If you meet too many you will not get to know them properly either
Off course you need to chat and meet with more than one woman. Just keep these things in your mind while chatting,
Another thing I’d like to add is that before you start on this adventure. You cannot go through with this without some day travel to China. Be honest with yourself, are you I a position to travel, practical and financially? (on this you only answer to yourself, not this forum). If not, stop now and move on to your local dating scene.
Do not ever tell a woman you will come and see her without meaning it, and do not wait too long before you go either. (I would suggest 6 months after you make contact with a woman, would be max).
English is my second language so these words seem “harsher” than intended, treat them as friendly advice. Wish you the best of luck ?

Offline uhhcanadianwomen

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 11:14:23 am »
My new account at chinalovelinks was terminated within 24 hours.
I'm not sure what's going on. I didn't do anything wrong and spent a good bit of time filling things out.
Maybe they don't want free members?

Maxx
I don't know what site that is. Can you tell me?

Willy
I am thinking the south as a base. Looking at a map it looks like you've got yourself a very ideal location that would be similar to how I like things (smaller town but close to a large city).

daghoi
Very honest advice there and I appreciate it. I do have some thinking to do.

Arnold

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 01:49:55 pm »
Maxx   I don't know what site that is. Can you tell me?

http://www.xingfulove.com/

Here is the Website from Robert for you.... ? Would you mind to give us a Name please, it would make it easier for our Members to identifymyou here with us.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 03:45:29 pm »
One thing to remember, when it comes to Canadian Immigration, Hong Kong takes care of the southern Chinese provinces, and Beijing does the north of China.  Hong Kong's processing time is currently 17 months and Beijing's is 7 months.  It took us almost a year to get an interview in Hong Kong, which has the worst (lowest) approval rate on earth.  I've been told it's around 50%.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 06:12:06 pm »
Welcome to the site, lots of good advice and knowledge on this site from people that have "been there and done that" before! You will fit right in here because we have a large Canuck population on this site ;D If you want to look over my site, just click the red button in my signature line, it will take you straight to my site. Do not expect to see studio models or photographs because I usually inform the ladies that men prefer to view casual everyday pictures. I do pre- screen as mentioned and monitor the site for spamming and possible scammers. I believe you will like the site because it does have a chat translator similar to QQ, you are free to contact who you want too. The site is free for members and feel free to invite others also. :)   Regards, Robert

Offline David K

• Yan Wang xxxx
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 09:03:03 pm »
Hi UCW,

Looks like you have been given some really sound advice - eg from Willy the wise..
I'd add this:
[1] Check out the situation with her children. If she has a son born after 1990, for whom
  she is responsible, think very carefully about the downstream implications
  Most of these have been covered on this site in the thread
    China Love » Dating a Chinese Lady » Understanding Chinese Women >> Little emperors
  In addition to Chinese women wishing to escape China for whatever reason, there
  are those who wish (and are very determined) to secure a better education for their children..
  this motive is not always obvious... and you do not want to be left holding the short straw..
[2] If you think you will be able to arrange a multi girl interviewing process,
  think again :-). Aside from the fact that woman imho are smarter that men, these girls can be
  very subtly proactive.. At least thats been my experience ..
  The best mousetraps never chase mice..   ;)

Good luck
:-)
Nothing Real can be threatened; nothing unreal exists

• Board Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 08:54:13 am »
?

Willy
I am thinking the south as a base. Looking at a map it looks like you've got yourself a very ideal location that would be similar to how I like things (smaller town but close to a large city).

It will be even better when I get my drivers licence.  Having to buy a car as the wife is learning.  So I may as well get mine. 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner