Author Topic: Hello from another newbie and questions :)  (Read 4416 times)

Offline winterheartz

• Leonard
Hello from another newbie and questions :)
« on: November 15, 2012, 02:07:29 am »
Hi guys,

Just saying hello and a little bit self introduction, my name is Leo, I am half chinese, but shamefully unable to speak mandarin properly :P
I currently live in Melbourne, Australia. Came as a student and now running business here.
33 y/o and have long hair :)

same as you guys I'm trying to look for a nice wife in china. my experience started with chnlove.com. I have been in correspondence with some ladies.
they use changsha deeply loving agency and meiyin and yes they are in changsha lol.
I'm contacting them using QQ and EMF. I have one of the girl mobile number as well (the one I like the most :p)

so my questions are
1. have anybody had bad experience with changsha deeply loving agency before ? I know meiyin have better reputations.
2. I am thinking of going to changsha to meet up on January, not sure about the date yet. anybody around or going there as well ?
3. and lastly any advices for me would be most appreciated.

Thanks guys
God bless

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: Hello from another newbie and questions :)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 06:44:41 am »
Welcome Leo , I am also in Melb , outer East , if you are in direct contact then you can see exactly what the ladies look like , last time I was in Changsha was a while ago now , an interesting city , but all of the agencies these days are sponges who love to suck up your money , if things did not work out with 1 lady then just by wandering around for a few hours you will meet many very pretty young ladies especially in the walking streets and large department complexes , keeping in mind that here in Melb at places like Deakin Uni there are a lot of 20+ young ladies .
 I met my better half on QQ as she was looking to learn English , but she did not tell me for a few weeks that she was in fact newly arrived from China and was living in Glenhuntly ha ha , we met a few days later and as they say the rest is history .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline winterheartz

• Leonard
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 07:45:08 am »
Cheers Robert, thx for the info :)

so far the girls I'm talking to seems legit and sincere. but its too early to tell for now, as I only gotten involved in CL for a month now.

and the did you or any guys here konw how to improve the translation on QQ ?  I use the Qtranslate addon for additional translation. the translation is a bit hard to understand :(

Thank you

Offline kiwisteve

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 04:25:27 pm »
I use QQ International, which has built-in translation. I hit Alt-E after every message and she gets English and Chinese. I think it uses YouDao for its engine, and like most it is not 100% but works ok for simple sentence structures. She uses the Chinese version of QQ, which I gather does not have immediate translation. She cuts and pastes from YouDao website and only gives me English, which can be really frustrating. Every day I remind her to give me both Chinese and English so that if I don't understand I can run it through other translators and most of the time figure it out.

When there is confusion, I also use:

http://fanyi.youdao.com/
http://translate.google.co.nz/?hl=en&tab=wT
http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php?page=translate

I find Google the best for quick translations, but mdbg the most accurate. It also gives alternate words and meanings which can be really helpful.

Be wary of the wrong use of the "NOT" character, 不, or bù. Both YouDao and Google have often added this to my sentences to completely reverse the meaning, with disastrous consequences.

For example, at one stage I felt my GF was being overly swayed by her circle of friends, all trying to get in her ear about me, or long distance relationships in general. I told her:

"I don't care what they think. I do care what you think."

Straight forward, simple sentences, so I thought. After the reaction I got, I did a reverse translation of the Chinese (as I often do):

"I do not care what they think. I do not care what you think."

Try it in Google and you'll see what I mean. This is not the first time this has happened to me.

cheers,
Steve

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 06:47:59 pm »
As other guys have mentioned, this site  imtranslator.com/default.asp  is very good for translating back your English, so you can check it is really what you want to say. I use the QQ translation device, but sometimes come unstuck. The translation device my Chinese friend uses is not good at all.
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 09:38:26 pm »
Hi there.  For a start I think you should change the photo on your Avatar.  Your muscles are showing me up! ;D ;D

My wife also thinks that if any Chinese women see's the picture it will turn her of from seeing you are a marriage prospect.  She says that is not the impression the pic gives, In fact it gives the opposite. 

Apart from that, being of Chinese Parentage, you have good prospects of finding a Chinese wife as their first choice will always be a man of Chinese Blood as they tell me.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 01:44:39 am »
I'm going with Willy on this.Get some clothes on and get a hair cut.That look may be cool in Australia.But it isn't cool in China.

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 04:07:35 am »
I also agree with Max and Willy. The Bruce Lee look may impress after you get to know a Chinese woman, but you need to look respectable as they are a little more conservative I would say. But who knows with the younger women?
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline winterheartz

• Leonard
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 07:46:09 am »
Hi guys!

sorry for the late replies and thx for the input.

and SteveKiwi, that one "not" make HUGE difference lol.

yes I will try, I use MDBGand qtranslator at the moment, the qtranslator have multiple translator from google, yahoo, bing, etc, which is very helpful :)

fortunately, I put photos with clothes on on the chnlove :p and actually somebody already like my long hair, so its going to stay for a while longer, I do need to cut it shorter, it has become very long now.
and yep the avatar will no longer be "bruce lee" lol

Willy, I thought most of the girls are looking for western people more than a half blood chinese guy ?

anyway
Cheers.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 11:04:17 pm »

Willy, I thought most of the girls are looking for western people more than a half blood chinese guy ?

Let no one kid themself.  If a lady had a choice of a Western Man or a Chinese man with much the same financial prospects then us Westerners would be second choice.!

When I was running the dating agency here many of the women who joined stipulated that they only wanted to meet men who had 'Chinese Blood'.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,