Author Topic: What a year 2012 was because...................  (Read 8027 times)

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
What a year 2012 was because...................
« on: December 05, 2012, 06:26:21 am »
I was thinking of all the events that has happened in my life during 2012 and I think it would be an interesting read for all to share their own personal milestones for the year and will also show any newbies that it is all not doom and gloom and that their is light at the end of the tunnel.  I know it is not over yet but not everyone checks here everyday.

For me:
Celebrated our first wedding anniversary on 16 February, 13 April Laura was welcomed into the world, Xia's mum came to Sydney for 3 months, Xia got her drivers licence and her first car, we bought our first house together and are planning our trip to China next year......bit of a quite year really..... :P

Now over to you...
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
Re: What a year 2012 was because...................
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 06:59:29 am »
Nearly two years after filing we are headed home to the USA. 
Interesting she will first step foot on US soil on our 2nd wedding anniversary.
Spent an entire year away from home.
Learned to navigate the subway and buses in Guangzhou.
Made dozens of new friends.
Didn't die in China like I expected.
Found more new ways to annoy Chinese men.

To the newbies.  Nothing worth having ever comes easy but the rewards make the troubles and hardship worth your time.

If you find the right lady and decide to marry I recommend that you come here and stay with her until she gets here VISA. No sense in abandoning her after making her all those promises. If you get stuck here like me then make the best of it. At times you will hate it and other times it will be great fun but the experience will leave you with a lifetime of memories. So stay and enjoy all that China has to offer.  You will get sick of the food but the occasion trip to McDonald's takes the edge off.

And without a doubt the best girl-watching in the world is right here in China. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 09:56:33 am by Pineau »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 07:19:53 am »
I survived two huge projects at work, and will come close to breaking the $100k barrier for the first time.  I hope my wife comes home soon so I have a good excuse to not work all this overtime.

I bought my first house.  At 43, I never thought I'd buy a house, especially in this town turned world class ski resort.   The Australians outnumber the Canadians here during the winter months. 

I made trips 6 and 7 to China this year, I think.  I'm starting to lose track.  I got to see a lot of my wife's province, Fujian, this time.  It is so beautiful, but also highly militarized.  I'd like to thank the army for delaying almost every flight I've made.  haha
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 04:31:40 pm »
2012 is such a great year for me...simply because I had a whole year of relative normality, living a normal life with my wife, doing all the normal things a happily married couple do.
We live, love and laugh together, we fight (not often), we talk more and more as her English gets better each day, we plan for our future together, we do stuff to our home and we always have interesting times finding the balance between our cultures.

I dont want to even begin to imagine life without my Princess.....just give me endless normality...I will settle for that...but how wonderful to have a normal life with your soul-mate    ;D ;D ;D

Offline maxx

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 06:46:51 pm »
In May We went To Ark and seen my oldest son graduate high school.In July my wife had another baby boy.This makes 3 boys in six years.They are all doing good.And a joy to watch as they learn new things.The 4 year old and the 2 year old both speak English and Chinese.The 4 year old can count to 100 in English.And 20 in Chinese.He also can read simple words in English.Both boys can carry on a conversation with there grandma in China.Over the computer.

All in all it has ben a good year.I built a work shop.And started building boats again.My wife seems to be happy and content with her life in the United states.She has made new friends.Both American and Chinese.And she has adjusted well to American customs and culture.

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 12:10:55 am »
Well, I really don't need much to write here... as I have my Blog open for pretty much everybody. I'd just be repeating myself.
All I do can say, each year we are now together.. it has not declined one bit since the first time we lay'd eyes on each other. I am now even happier, than with my first Marriage... which sadly included "Jealousy" and that is never good. Qing really is a Wife, I couldn't even have dreamed about... because I never thought.. they excist. :o

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 07:20:36 pm »
Same old same old! Definately not.

Every day is different in China.  New challenges arrive on an almost daily basis.  The past year has been the best ever, just as 2011 was before that and 2010 before that and 2009 before that.

Now into my 4th winter here and although,to me, each feels like they are getting colder I would not change a thing.

No many people make such a dramatic change in their life once they are collecting the seniors pension but I am glad that I did.  I would have like to have come here 30 years or more ago but that would not have been possible as like you all the only reason I am came to China was because of the internet and the internet was not here 30 years ago!   Mind you, no internet, did not stop my Dad from being in China for a couple of years in the early 1930's.

Although at my age getting new languages into my head and retaining it is very difficult but the last year I have learned more. I have made a lot of friends here, all Chinese and have not met many foreigners in my City.  (But then they only come here to steal away OUR beautiful women folk!!)

I can get on the phone and order things. My first achievement was to order water and I was dead chuffed when, following my instructions in Chinese, it was delivered in less than 30 minutes. But now the occasional McDonalds or KFC is only a phone call away.

I look forward to actually passing my 100 question part of the driving test and getting my UK drivers licence exchanged for a Chinese One.  You see I am Old enough and stupid enough to be looking forward to be driving here!

Whatever time I have left I am looking forward to having them in China.  I have bought a home here and yes, I know that they will take it off me in 63 years time but there is not much fear of either myself or my wife seeing that day but in the future she will have security for the years she has beyond me.

Ok a life here is not for everyone but for me it is ideal - in my time I have traveled the world and stayed, many months a time, here and there but this is the one place where I feel completely at home. 

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline daghoi

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 02:27:30 am »
Asked my woman to marry me and we bougth an brand new appartment "Off-plan", so next year there will be a wedding and we will move into a new build appartment, in a nice area in the center off the city. Expensive and exciting year both this year and next year :)

Offline shaun

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 05:26:31 am »
Same old same old

Offline Philip

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 07:10:15 am »
this

Arnold

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 09:51:14 pm »
Holly Cow.. now how can one top this? A year never to forget.. for sure!

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 09:41:01 am »
This 12 day of the 12 month of the 12 year we will celebrate that 12 months ago she arrived the first time upon Canadian soil. Life's adventure does not get cheaper by the dozen, but is compounded with interest.

The Astronomical Society of the Pacific has declared Dec. 12, 2012, as Anti-Doomsday Day in celebration of rational thinking and reasoned discourse.

Mars is 12 light minutes from the Sun, the average temperature of the Earth is 12 degrees Celsius, and Jupiter takes 12 years to orbit the Sun

But perhaps most fascinating of all, Dec. 12 is National Ambrosia Day; once known as food to the gods, now known as canned fruit combined with Cool Whip, sweetened coconut, mini-marshmallows, and the food-dye bombs called maraschino cherries.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:46:57 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Chong

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 03:36:20 pm »
Holly Cow.. now how can one top this? A year never to forget.. for sure!

I didn't top it but we ( Sunny & Chong ) matched it. Sunny just gave birth to our son on Christmas Eve. He's a strapping 9 lbs & 2 oz baby. He's the best Christmas gift ever.
Now I know how all you first time fathers feel ... Amazing ... What a great gift of life.

Offline kenny

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 03:43:09 pm »
congratulations to you both

9lbs 2 oz that is a big baby!

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2012, 03:50:28 pm »
Congratulations Chong!  Really happy for you, man. 
...as irresistible as chocolate