Author Topic: Sa jiao  (Read 7501 times)

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
Sa jiao
« on: December 20, 2012, 12:45:32 am »
Okay guys, I want to know if any other men have experienced this phenomenon called sa jiao, which to me seems like a selfish, childish behavior disguised as an attempt to get what they want emotionally. This is something which I do not understand. Have any other men had to deal with this cultural phenomena.
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
Re: Sa jiao
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 05:04:14 am »
 Could have under a different scenario . A little more information please. All women have their tactics for manipulating . I assume your talking about a woman here?
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 10:36:15 am »
Okay guys, I want to know if any other men have experienced this phenomenon called sa jiao, which to me seems like a selfish, childish behavior disguised as an attempt to get what they want emotionally. This is something which I do not understand. Have any other men had to deal with this cultural phenomena.

Here is an article that may help you!             http://www.therealtaiwan.com/culture-shock-women/1619

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 03:08:18 pm »
That's a good quote: I am not trying to put you off dating Taiwanese girls, just expect to behave like a ‘man’ if you want to be treated like one. 

It's an interesting article, and reminds me that I may have experienced that aspect of Asian women once or twice, from my wife as well. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Peter Arnold

• Milestogo
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 05:02:14 am »
From what I have read from other mens experience on another website, and the meaning of the phrase, it is when the woman acts childish around her mate to make him feel more masculine. It seems like a strange cultural phenomena to pass on to women so that men can feel superior. It certainly doesn't do anything for me.  Have a look at this site on the subject
http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26915-sa-jiao/
It is never too late to be what you might have been

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 10:25:15 am »
First off...Peter, nice to see you here.  I didn't know about this, but it might explain an awful lot in my personal experiences.

Offline shaun

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 11:22:16 am »
I was just doing some general reading.  Dang!!! I wish I had seen this thread before.  It explains a lot and makes a lot of sense.

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 08:24:58 am »
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.

Offline shaun

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 08:01:45 pm »
(I was about half asleep when I initially wrote this so I'll try to make a little sense of it now.)

I was talking about Sa Jiao with a  local man who has a 30 year old Chinese wife.  She is already in America.   He was laughing and saying that it is true.  He went on to say that it gets worse.  He said that Chinese women also want to check into hospitals if anything is wrong even minor illnesses.  He told me that his wife had a difficult time of the month and checked herself into the hospital to make sure everything is OK.

When her husband told her that she needed to get off the bed and out of the hospital she became enraged because of his insensitivity. Turns out that she really didn't have a problem other than an acute PMS cycle.   So he tells me that about twice a year she hibernates in the bedroom and sulks until it is over.

I did tell him that he needed to be glad that he didn't have to wad up a pack of Kleenex between his legs and keep it there for a week out of every month.  He said Amen to that.

His observations are interesting to me.  He lived in China for 3 years as a English teaching coordinator for several schools.  Back home now, he is a high school teacher.   Literature and History are his subjects.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:24:03 pm by shaun »

Arnold

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 11:23:44 am »
I don't want to brag here, but my LaoPo is none of this... the only thing (which I find funny) is when I get a little cut (like on hand due to work) she runs after me with the box of Band-aids. By the time she catches me, the bleeding has already stopped.