Author Topic: The Fiancee Visa  (Read 8927 times)

Offline IrishGuy65

The Fiancee Visa
« on: February 15, 2013, 06:02:24 pm »
I've been reading a lot on this site.  It seems like people are having a very hard time getting their ladies into the USA.  Now, I have heard there is a visa process where you can bring your fiancee to the USA (not sure about other countries) using a fiancee visa, and you have 90 days to marry.  If you marry in that time, you can apply for permanent residence WHILE your lady lives with you in the USA.

I'm not saying this would be easier or what-have-you... since I have ZERO experience in this area.  But a lot of people have had a lot of trouble, and I'm wondering if anyone knows more about this or has some experience with this...
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: The Fiancee Visa
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 08:13:38 pm »
Zoot , I think the simple answer on this question is , it can take almost as long as a married visa , but the rejection rate is to great otherwise many before you would have used this route .
 I also note that she had said once you have been to meet her she hoped that you would never leave , she may have been talking about China not her , but until you have visited a couple of times at least no visa application would be accepted , no such thing as a mail order bride these days , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 08:37:00 pm »
Don't get your mind set on a easier route Zoot. There is not one.

Some on here have been waiting a long long time. A couple of years in fact.  It strikes me that USA and Canada are two of the hardest places to get a ladies into.  Some have even been with or even married for a couple of years and have not made it yet!

I think you realise that it will not be easy, whereas others before you have thought it a walk in the park.

Do not forget the US Government information gathering system is the biggest and best in the World so beware of what you write on forums that may put a negative slant on a relationship!  Big Brother or rather Uncle Sam is watching you!!!!!

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 09:09:51 pm »
Guys, this isn't for me.... I'm a long way from anything.  This is just a generic question.

Offline maxx

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 11:35:19 pm »
Don't let them scare you off.Or make them think this is not possible.It took my wife 11 months.To receive her fiancee visa.I think it took Arnold 12 months.To get his wife a marriage visa.Enternet rumor mill says that it took a couple of guys 6 months to get there wives's visa.

The trick to getting this done is hire a good immigration attorney.And like Robert from Aussie land posted.You are going to have to make a couple of trips to China.Take lots of pictures of you and the lady together in China.And save every scrap of evidence of your on going relationship with the lady.Phone records,emails,hotel receipts,Airline ticket stubs.

The stories you here of thees guys getting stuck in the immigration hamster wheel are true.The reason that they got stuck in the hamster wheel is because.They didn't hire a immigration Attorney.I cannot stress this enough.HIRE A IMMAGRATION ATTOURNEY.Save your self and the lady allot of grief.I know of 3 guys who got there ladies visa.Who didn't use a lawyer.2 of them were ex military.The third guy I don't remember what he did.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 12:38:19 am »
My wife's friend (who introduced me to her) married an American in America. It took her three months to get her visa to go to the USA and as mentioned previously she had to marry him in America within three months. She got her "Green Card" easily afterwards whilst remaining over there. Her husband and her live in Michigan. She is from Guangzhou.

I helped her fill in the visa application forms in China before getting her initial visa to go America (they were in English). All in all it seemed to be a pretty straightforward process.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 02:50:22 am »
Guys, this isn't for me.... I'm a long way from anything.  This is just a generic question.

I think what they are all basically saying is that you need plan everything from day one whether you go ahead much later or not.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 07:06:41 am »
Basically, I was reading the various love stories posted... and in every case it seemed like nothing but issues with immigration.  But nothing was said about the fiancee visa, which is why I thought I'd ask.

Willy, yes, the future is something to think about.  I'll do a LOT more personal research and specific question asking when I get there.  It is good to know that I need a lot of information to add to a visa application when I get there.  I wonder if I can save QQ webcam sessions for this?

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 08:59:16 am »
I brought Jing to the USA with a Fiancé' VISA. From date of file till she was standing in my living room was 3.5 months. A friend of mine that Filed at the same time waited more than a year.

Now This time I brought Fiona as a spouse and waited two years.

GO FIGURE !
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Arnold

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 09:10:38 pm »
Basically, I was reading the various love stories posted... and in every case it seemed like nothing but issues with immigration. 

Zoot, to tell you.. in my Case I had zero problems (with a Lawyer) and like Maxx said, it took 12 months. The reason why it all went smooth, is because I had made four trips to see my Wife (marrying on the first) and saving everything we had done together from Photo's,Receipts(Hotel/Train-rides/Sightseeing/Airline ticket's). I made sure to be with her on her interview date, hand her my Passport (with three Visa's inside) this was all the "Interviewer" wanted/had to see.. plus thirty pounds of paperwork and e-mail print-out's of our communications through Chnlove/Yahoo messenger. It made it esay for us, because "He could see we were prepared from A-Z, so the fact she had my Passport in hand.. he knew I was outside waiting for my "WIFE" not a Green Card Hunter. You see, you can be prepared with so much.. it still does NOT mean your on easy street with the Gov. by no means. Going through a Lawyer does improve your chances and kind of puts you at ease knowing the paperwork is done correctly.
On a side note: I married my Lady in China (Shanghai), because I wanted her family to be present.. hence I will take her away from them later. Besides, a Wedding is much cheaper there ($5,700 compared to $40,000 here) for 50 people.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 09:12:46 pm by Arnold »

• Board Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 02:52:29 am »
What may have put me off was the costs on here for weddings $5000 - $15000.  I had never been married before. My wife had.  Our outlay was two nights in best hotel in Changsha and two high speed return tickets to Zhongshan.

My argument is that if a costly wedding did not save the first one then why waste more on a second (or third or fourth in some case) by having a lavish wedding.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Arnold

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 02:41:13 pm »

My argument is that if a costly wedding did not save the first one then why waste more on a second (or third or fourth in some case) by having a lavish wedding.

Exactly Willy! I see young couples in their early twenties spend sooo much on their wedding, that put's them into an early financial crisis right of the bat.. unless of course Daddy pays for it all. I know it is a very special day (more so for the Woman), but what do you do with all the expensive Photo's ect. ect. if it goes south later?
This puts another load on Couples from different cultures more so, no question.. with this part I think we here can not help each and everyone to hold it together for them.. only warn them of what lies ahead to sharpen their mind/outlook to actually go ahead with this thought marrying abroad.

Anyway, this might not be part of this Thread.. but let them think really hard what is better for them.. fiance' or marriage Visa and the cost of a wedding on either side of the Pacific.

Offline David K

• Yan Wang xxxx
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 06:10:17 pm »
I'll second Arnold and Willys remarks regarding wedding costs.

A friend of mine is an Ex Immigration (NZ) employee, and he says that despite what
the operational manual states, wearing a wedding ring does make a difference.
SO when the time came, and we made inquiries, we were faced with a large array of expensive
options - a lot of "packages", none of which represented both our cultures.

We (mostly me) explored other options and settled on a home based wedding organised by us
 We have a very long lounge which we cleared of furniture and decorated to our own tastes
 A stunning (never worn) wedding dress for next to nothing on trademe (=EBay) altered by a friend
 No wedding presents (we have enough "stuff" ) but guests bring a plate ( ie a plate of food)
   - there was an ample feast
 A good friend agreed to act as "master of ceremonies", another as "best man" thus avoiding
    the professional celebrant, their thousands in fees, and dare I say it, their platitudes.
 Wedding vows we wrote together in English and Mandarin; she also had friends who spoke for
   "the middle kingdom" traditions

We handled the legal side by going down to the registry office for a brief 10 minute "official" ceremony
on a Friday at a cost of $175, with the actual celebration on Saturday
The additional costs were for the Wedding Cake, the Helium balloons, and abundant quantities
of good NZ sparkling wine and a few sundries - all up maybe a thousand dollars.

So, all in all, DIY worked for us - though, obviously circumstances will vary.
But the money we saved went to a trip back to Harbin to visit her unwell parents..a good outcome

And of course, out of it all, I gained a delightful wife

:)
Nothing Real can be threatened; nothing unreal exists

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 10:31:49 pm »
Excellent information all around.  Thanks guys very much for the replies!

CamKrist

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 09:36:48 am »
Similar subject was being discussed at yahoo answers last week. I can post the link if needed.