Author Topic: Saving QQ Webcam chats  (Read 6607 times)

Offline IrishGuy65

Saving QQ Webcam chats
« on: March 05, 2013, 08:50:55 am »
Are these saved on your computer?  If not, how do you save them?

I've been reading a lot about the difficulties you all have had in getting visas for your wives, and I have been having more webcam chats and less typing chats recently.  I understand I may one day need all this.  So, could someone offer me advice on what to do?  I only use QQ, not Skype.

Thanks in advance!
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
Re: Saving QQ Webcam chats
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 11:32:24 am »
Zootmurph,

I don't think QQ provides a way to capture the video chats. Only the text from typing. To save them open any message window and click on message history >> message manager, select the friend you want to save and click on export. .

I think this is all you will need. but if you are worried, there is a audio recorder program that I use that will capture anything that passes through the sound card.  There are a number of free ones that you can find on Cnet.com . windows 8 comes with one built in.

If you want audio and video then I use Camtasia.  It will record everything. screen capture, mouse movements and audio. it is a bit expensive for what you want ( I think) .
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 05:56:29 pm »
Thanks again Gerry.  I seem to be doing a lot of webcam lately, and I am hoping to compile as much information as possible.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 06:43:48 pm »
Hi Zoot, my wife took screen captures when we did webcams and we used those on our application for her visa to Ireland.
She got her visa and lives with me now so it certainly didn't harm the application!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Chong

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 07:17:12 pm »
The caveman method is to take a "date stamp" camera photo everytime you use QQ webcam i.e. a picture of your face and of your ladies face ( on the QQ screen ).

When I was living in China with my wife, we took a picture of every dinner every night ( and every lunch & other outings). Our application had hundreds of photos & I mailed them photo updates every month during the application process. We got my wife's PR approval without an interview within seven months from the Hong Kong Canadian embassy. The usual timeline is over 1 1/2 years including an interview.

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 07:27:49 pm »
Thanks guys.  I appreciate the input.  It seems the lady I'm talking to knows much more than I do.  She has already been taking screenshots and pics when we are video chattings.  So all is right in the world at this time.  :)

Offline kiwisteve

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 05:03:25 pm »
This is what I have been doing:

Each month I export the QQ chat logs for us into 2 formats. The .bak file is the quickest but really only serves as a backup. The .mht file is a complete document that can be viewed in MS Internet Explorer. There is also a .txt format but this is no good as it strips images, fonts, colours etc.

Then I open the .mht file in MSIE and save it as a complete web page in html format (so I can edit it).

Then I open the main html file in Notepad, because it is faster at doing the initial clean up. I search for just the start and end dates for the month that I want and strip out the rest, but leave the header and footer lines. Knowing some html is required here. I also do a bulk search and replace of font sizes as the font she uses for the screen is way too big for printing. I usually reduce her 17 or 19 pt font size down to 10 or 11.

Now the file is smaller, I open it in LibreOffice, but OpenOffice or MS Office will do. I save it as a document at this stage, instead of html. I also make it 2 columns to save paper, and adjust the text wrapping in the table cells so the paragraphs aren't truncated. I find I also have to manually resize some of the images to fit into the column width. Then I print it duplex (both sides) to save more paper. I usually end up with a couple of hundred pages for the month, which I put into ring binders. I have 5 full binders already after a year of chatting to her.

I also print out contact sheets of all the photos taken during our chats using the webcam, and put these in the folders also.

Eventually when I come to need all this I'll burn a dvd.

If I find time I might even write a program to automate all this.

Steve

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 05:51:52 pm »
I do use skype myself. I think you can get up to 6 months of history text. I just copy and paste to a doc. once in awhile with all the dates.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 06:57:17 pm »
There is an add on program to Skype that allows you to use Skype or magic jack on the house telephone and record all conversations for a permanent record.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 09:05:01 pm »
That could be a little embarrassing...when I say "show me the girls"))))))))))))

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 07:37:50 am »
I have since begun using FaceTime.  I jot down notes from our daily chats and grab a pic each day.  I expect, when and if the time comes, that I should have more than enough evidence for the immigration boys and girls.  ;)