Author Topic: Houston.... we have a Problem!  (Read 4946 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
Houston.... we have a Problem!
« on: March 26, 2013, 08:37:41 pm »
My company has offered a permanent postion in our Hoston office and I have an interest in moving there. Of course, since I am sponsoring my wife and my stepson (legally an adult at 18 years), I have to see what ramifications this would intail. My wife and stepson do have permanent resident status for Canada, but I will have to check what all is involved. Of course the other investigation is for me to see what kind of benefits or disadvantages moving from Calgary to Houston will be economically for both me & my wife. I am sure the cultural aspect, since my wife is a music teacher, might be better for her in Houston.

Anyone with knowledge on Houston's Chinatown, would be appreciated. I already wikipedia some info, and will start checking other resources.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
Re: Houston.... we have a Problem!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 11:38:26 pm »
Here is a link that may help you and your wife.

http://www.ccchouston.org/

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
Re: Houston.... we have a Problem!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 09:45:11 am »
and will start checking other resources.

Thanks Robertt, some how I knew I could bank on you, our laoshi, for providing a wealth of information.

Right now I am just in the feeling out the idea stage. I have been twice to Houston for my company's work, for Weatherford, and do like the area. But of course, a long term stay would be different then the couple of weeks I stayed before. I already mentioned the idea to my wife and we will discuss more once she returns in 3 weeks time.

I just brought her to the airport and she will journey her first time to China - rookie. She is excited about her visit and says that she misses china food. I guess good old fashion Canadian Hot Dogs does not satisfy her craving to wolf down some fangtastic, real gou.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:00:33 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances