All About China > Photos From China

Guangzhou

(1/7) > >>

brett:
I know you guys love looking at photos, so here are some photos from Guangzhou.

Well if you've never been here before, China is probably the busiest place ever. And Guangzhou is the busiest city in China:

More hawkers and general chaos. In the background is a pretty busy bus. In all my time here, I've NEVER seen a bus driver refuse passengers entry to a bus. A bus can NEVER be full here, unlike back home in England!

Raw capitalism is alive and well here:

Guangzhou station - millions of migrant workers have started their new lives as city dwellers here (and it's no fun being stuck behind them as they try to figure out the metro gates!!!!)...

And a bit more about where I'm living...

I'm living in Baiyun, which is a less prosperous part of town. Much of it looks like this:

Although the part closer to me doesn't have the luxury of tarmac on the street!

And here's the view from my apartment building over Baiyun mountain. Notice how dark it is? Well it's actually 2pm, but a ferocious thunderstorm has rolled in...

Finally I often see stuff in China which just makes me want to laugh my ass off...

Pineau:
Brings back memories. I was walking those same streets and sidewalks just 4 months ago. I almost miss the place. I guess I need to go back for a few weeks to get the smell back on my clothes.

Thanks for the photos.

RobertBfrom aust:
Brett , great photos , from an unreal city , regards Sujuan and Robert .

Pineau:
Brett, I hope you don't mind me sharing your thread from Guangzhou.

Not sure if you saw the video I made just before I left China. But today my wife was browsing a website in China and discovered MY video. I am surprised but they have been sharing it over there.  people in China like this video. ;-)

http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

fivetrout:
haha I watched several of your videos. The one of a shopping trip through the streets...totally wore me out, as my senses were over worked!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version