All About China > Photos From China

Guangzhou

<< < (2/7) > >>

Pineau:
Did you see the Guangzhou traffic jam. It is horrible at certain times of day.  We were in Tianhe and needed  to got to Baiyun. Al major streets were gridlocked and we needed to get home. We hopped on the back of one of those rickshaw motor cycles and sped down side streets at 50 mph. http://youtu.be/igct58w1Rok

Willy The Londoner:
Well I see your time in China was well filled.  I liked the mixture of stills and live. It worked well with the music.

Willy

brett:
I should take a few videos when I'm out and about. People fighting to board a bus could have been a classic. And I must take a video of the clothes wholesale market I found once. It was absolute chaos and I got moved on several times, maybe I wasn't supposed to be there or something, who knows.

And as for the traffic, I no longer have a TV because a 2RMB bus ride in a thunderstorm at night is all the excitement you'll ever need here. How the bus avoids all those cyclists going the wrong way is a complete mystery. Yeah, 5000 years of civilization and they have yet to invent the bicycle light.

I'll miss this place, and I might even miss the creatures that live in my kettle  ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Pineau:
Those are great photos. I know exactly where you were in some of them. I have actually stood where you were standing when you took the photo at the train station.  Post some more photos and videos. My wife enjoys them too.

fivetrout:
OK, I watched the motor scooter taxi ride video. All you needed was a small cooler with a few beers, but seeing that you were filming...your other hand was likely hanging on for dear life!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version