Author Topic: "Mike" aka China Shark  (Read 13879 times)

Offline fivetrout

Re: "Mike" aka China Shark
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2013, 03:14:16 pm »
Then there is the possibility...CSM tries to dissuade those... by asserting himself as their protector for the ones that come to the forums for the entertainment, and have no real means or where-with-all to actually follow through with their promises to come to China...leaving the girls on a string and breaking hearts or destroying dreams. For every questionable lady plotting her thing...there's probably a hundred men that can't walk the talk.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2013, 09:20:33 pm »

The real test is when you are living together 24/7 that will tell if the two of you will make
it. But I do feel that you have to be careful with the cross continent relationships. But don't
be overly careful were it ruins it.

Don't be overly careful were it ruins it???  But often that means getting married a few days after getting off a plane. That has happened to people on here who turned in a failure.  No time to get to know each other properly face to face and not doing so is what kills it.

To me marriage is a one time thing. Unfortunately others go for it time after time.

But maybe I was lucky that I could spend the time here courting my wife before we married. I got to know her likes and dislikes and she certainly got to know all about my quirks.

But then my attitude to life may well be different to others. Living in China is not for everyone.  For me, out of all the countries that I have lived in, not just visited,  it is my best choice I ever.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline brett

• Man Goes to China
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2013, 05:40:03 am »
Yeah, living in China certainly isn't for everyone. I couldn't have lived here when I was an angry young man! People pushing in front of me or playing loud music all day would have pushed me over the edge. But now I don't let it get to me, and just concentrate on the longer term plan.

The main problem I have now is commitment. The quality of lady I've met in Guangzhou and Shenzhen have been absolutely outstanding. But there is of yet no clear front runner.

Sooner or later one will emerge. My brother took 6 years to find his eventual wife, so the search can sometimes take a while.

There are alternative universes where I married Miss Wu, Miss Wang or Miss Fu. I wonder how they turned out?

I'd recommend the newbies stick to the English speaking ladies though. Many of the ladies I've met have had some pretty major issues in their lives. And many ladies have been somewhat reluctant to talk about them.

If I'm still single in the Autumn I'm going to move away from online dating. There are many other ways of meeting ladies here.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2013, 12:47:02 pm »

Sooner or later one will emerge. My brother took 6 years to find his eventual wife, so the search can sometimes take a while.

Why rush it? It took me 45 years to find the right lady!  And in those years there were definately many 'ups and downs'

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline brett

• Man Goes to China
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2013, 03:04:22 am »
My whole life I've been a man in a hurry!

I guess I annoyed Miss Huang last weekend by trying to speed up our relationship... on the other hand it's essential to cut out timewasters and women who just want travel buddies.

On the other hand I saw road accident #15 today, and this one actually happened in front of my own eyes. It doesn't always pay to live live at 110 miles an hour (especially when you're riding an electric bike ha ha ha)!!!

Now I am slowing down and chilling out with a 3.5RMB beer.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2013, 05:02:43 am »

Now I am slowing down and chilling out with a 3.5RMB beer.
3.5 rmb beer. Am I middle class or something? The man from the store has just delivered my 24 pack of 4rmb 'Harbin'! 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline brett

• Man Goes to China
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2013, 07:02:41 am »
I like that Pearl River stuff, it's cheaper than Harbin. Harbin gives me a headache.

I found some really good beer called Haizhu but it's hard to find. Also Shenzhen brewery stuff is really good, but it's also hard to find.

If you were truly middle class you'd drink 5 RMB a bottle Tsingtao!

• Board Moderator
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2013, 09:56:19 am »
C'mon I do not drink bottles.  How can I be the matcho man and crush the containers with my bare hands as I can with a tin. ;D ;D
Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2013, 08:57:30 pm »
Put can squarely in hand...swiftly slam into forehead. Yes, that will cause headaches!  :'(

• Board Moderator
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2013, 09:59:42 pm »
Put can squarely in hand...swiftly slam into forehead. Yes, that will cause headaches!  :'(

Look. I am a pseudo matcho man not a certified nutcase. haha.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline brett

• Man Goes to China
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2013, 08:02:05 am »
Actually I've been here long enough to begin to think that the beer here tastes better in cans. The downside is that bottles are a lot cheaper for some reason.

But note that I've not yet been here long enough to walk around chewing a toothpick and with my t-shirt worn like some kind of sports bra!!!

• Board Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2013, 10:01:20 pm »
Budweiser was on a big push here last year. But it never took off with me for obvious reasons! ;D

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

• Board Moderator
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2013, 02:16:07 am »
  Sorry Bud beer SUCKS!!!!! But they do have an excellent marketing plan that sells
  the beer for them

Of course they do. They sell it to Americans. Ha Ha

There is nothing like a pint glass of Brown and Mild - a pint glass that is not a glass mug.  Or a bottle of Shepherd's Neames special brew that is  brewed in Kent and locally called Nuns Delight but its brewers actual name for it is still  'Bishop's Finger'

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2013, 07:44:11 am »
Discening American beer drinkers won't drink Bud or Miller, the two big name brands in the USA.  I personally imagine it tastes similar to cold, watered down, urine.   I don't drink beer, or any alcohol, often any more.  But when I do, I drink (NO, I'm not going to say Dos Equiis!) Samuel Adams.  Finely crafted American beer.  Try it for yourself if you can find it.
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2013, 08:09:25 am »
Just goes to prove how gullible the people there are.   ;D ;D

Me buying American beer.  Oh dear that is like suggesting I visit Las Vegas once more when Macau has now put it into second place. 8)  ;)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner