Author Topic: Leap of faith to Shanghai!  (Read 28217 times)

Offline maxx

Re: Leap of faith to Shanghai!
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2013, 11:03:01 pm »
I have had bags lost.Articles stolen out of the bags.I have had the bags damaged.The items in the bags damaged.I always thought .It was part of the adventure

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2013, 10:04:08 am »
6 trips around the globe, with plane changes on most of those trips, and my luggage has never gotten lost, but Martin has  ;) :D ::)
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2013, 05:51:36 am »
Ive had 8 trips to China, trips to England, Thailand,France, never been delayed, never had lost luggage, Guess im just lucky , John.

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2013, 07:26:51 am »
I've had a dozen flights... no more.  Most were domestic until I flew to China last month to see Lisa.  I went on a cruise in 1999 with my ex wife for our honeymoon.  My bags were lost on the flight, so I was on a cruise with nothing.  The airlines repaid me for everything I bought and gave me $100 extra.  It was a 7 day cruise, and my baggage arrived on the ship 4 days into the cruise.  The flight was only from Philadelphia to Miami. 
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.

Offline shaun

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2013, 09:54:24 am »
I am not trying to one up anyone but...   An unnamed airline that uses the letters Delta in their name lost my step-sister for several hours.

I helped her get out of a bad relationship by purchasing a ticket from Atlanta to Oklahoma City where I was living at the time.  I knew that she got onto the airplane in Atlanta because she called me from there and the manifest from Delta confirmed it.

About 6 hours after she was to arrive in OKC she called me from Toronto.  They would not fly her to OKC at their expense.  They told her she would have to buy another ticket.

On her flight from Atlanta to Dallas she fell asleep.  She was suppose to board another airplane for OKC.  The airplane was emptied and grounded for 2 hours while they cleaned it, changed crews and prepared it for a flight to Toronto.  No one bothered to wake her up.

When I called Delta they said I would have to purchase another ticket.  I told them that I would have this reported on local television that evening.  I called a cousin of mine who lived in OKC.  She was a camera man for WKY channel 2.  She called the airline pretending to be a reporter.  Suddenly Delta decided to fly her to OKC at their expense.

I will also add that that girl can do some serious sleeping.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 01:16:30 pm by shaun »

Arnold

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2013, 11:34:49 am »
haha... so it is "True", fly Delta and see the World!

Offline AbovetheLAW

• Do or Do not...there is no try.
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2013, 09:57:13 pm »
Right now im packing, writing in my journal and talking to my girl. I leave tomorrow evening and I could not be any more excited. I am trying to think about if I am missing anything....but i feel like i have a mental block. I have so many things to do tomorrow, I know i will be busy. Next time i post will be from the airport. I have two bags, my big suitcase and my carry on that has some toiletries inside. I will also bring my laptop, so when im at the airport i will give another update.

- Jake
...   ...    ...  Death! ... ... ... ... ...

Offline maxx

« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2013, 11:03:04 pm »
Good luck Jake.Have a good time.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2013, 02:30:16 am »
Jake , like Maxx has said enjoy , hope you have packed some comfortable walking shoes , cos the girls like walking , not far to them can be up to 2 to 4 miles ha ha , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2013, 02:58:25 am »
my carry on that has some toiletries inside

be sure that any liquids meet regulations and  are in a clear plastic bag ready for inspection. It has gotten to be such a hassle I pack my toiletries in my checked bag.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline shaun

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2013, 05:25:39 am »
Have a great time Jake.  Keep us posted.  As many have said before...  Pictures, Pictures Pictures!!!!!!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2013, 10:35:11 am »
I have so many things to do tomorrow, I know i will be busy. Next time i post will be from the airport. I have two bags, my big suitcase and my carry on that has some toiletries inside. I will also bring my laptop,

- Jake
Lot of luggage I see.
So you had a change of mind then. Your coming over for a couple of months then?

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline AbovetheLAW

« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2013, 04:13:59 pm »
@Willy 2 bags is a lot of luggage? not in my experience. I have my suitcase with all my clothes then my personal bag, maybe you misunderstood.

Well everyone I am hours away from meeting the girl who has stolen my heart. I am in ICN, Korea airport waiting to board my next flight. Everything has been going smooth, the 14 hr flight was easy after 4 Zzzquil. Now I am sitting here waiting and starving. I looked for food but everything is closed. It is about 5am and I dont think I will have to wait much longer as shops should began to open soon. I just talked to keshu via skype and she says she cant sleep. I told her she must sleep. She said she is leaving at 6 or 7 to Shanghai. So...for me it will be maybe 2 or 3 movies until 11.

- Jake

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2013, 04:50:36 pm »
**Leap of faith to Shnghai!
« on: May 26, 2013, 08:33:34 pm »

".....She lives in Ningbo and plans to meet me in Shanghai in August. I will for sure update you guys about my trip and give details.
She is not the best looking girl in China(I have high shallow standards, i know ima jerk) but she cares for me a lot, she has a good heart and all that means a lot to me, I will post a pic.

- Jake"

Wish you the best! Had to take a look at that 1st post long ago. Your 'standards' are a bit elevated. Have to agree with 5Trout on that next post.

Offline AbovetheLAW

« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2013, 09:49:53 pm »
All is well, I met up with keshu yesterday and she was stunning. I spotted her right away and we embraced each other like we have never been apart. I will give full details of everything after the whole trip. Right now we are listening to some music while I wait for her to get ready. We are going to the zoo today to see her favorite...Panda's lol. Shanghai is great. Last night we went to a restaurant and ordered so much food for so little money. I love china. Great food for cheap? wow....makes me look at the food prices in my country a bit differently. Ok well let me get back to her before she spots me, she just called for me and said 'honey, what are you doing?' ...lol gotta go!

- Jake