Author Topic: A Staggering Migration  (Read 3182 times)

Offline mpo

A Staggering Migration
« on: June 16, 2013, 08:32:46 pm »
 :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:28:02 pm by mpo »

Offline fivetrout

Re: A Staggering Migration
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 09:17:10 pm »
How do they think the infrastructure will handle it? I wonder where jobs will come from, these people are un-skilled for city life, and where will the food come from? Well unless...they will become the food!

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 11:44:03 pm »
I think it's BS. Dramatizing it with counting city to city in different countries? Why not just pick a country for comparison? If they more the farmers to the city (to buy electricity & "Washing machines?" how many people in the cities have this?) Who would be farming the food, and everything else needed for living even in the city? I think it is a take off of when they were moving people away from the rivers (when building those dams).

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 01:10:18 am »
   That's an amazing plan by the gov't.   This would be like relocating the whole
   United States almost. :o :o
Hmm! that's a thought now where could I relocate them to? ;D ;D

But there again you cannot believe everything you read! ::) Even on here. ;D

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 07:28:05 pm »
More and more people move to the cities each day.

My niece tells me that with her factory she now has to close completely on Sunday and give a half day on Saturday now as people are becoming better off and are wanting to spend more time with family on Sunday.

It is noticable in the Churches which are flourishing. That is probably the reason that China will, if not already there, have the largest number of Christians in a country.

As Chinese become more affluent they are now wanting more time to be able to enjoy life and spend their money.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 10:50:45 pm »
   I think the days off are also a part of them wanting to live with dignity and not to  be
   always taken advantage of. Good for them  ;D
I do not agree with that statement.  It has nothing to do with that. The people in the cities are now far better off than they HAVE ever been and they want more time to enjoy what they now have.   Even those in the rural area now have electricity and TV's and refrigerators that they did not have ten years ago

The Chinese people are basically one of contentment.  Their lives are changing at this point, the younger ones have no recollection of hard times that their grandparents endured.  This country is now moving economically at a pace that has never ever been seen in any other country in the world other than possibly Singapore. The USA and others fear them because they are fast approaching the point where they will have the biggest economy in the world.  USA being 2nd best in the economy stakes was nothing I ever imagine in my many years. 

Some say what about freedom!  What about it! The average Chinese person has more freedom than many others in the Western World.  If freedoms means that the average person can walk the streets at night without the fear of attacks then give me that style of freedom here. 

Ok we know such situations can change but it is unlikely to do so in the years that I have left.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 10:27:06 pm »

This is not the same China as it was when the Chairman was alive. In fact I would venture
   to say only the older ones look up to the old regime. Don't think many of the younger educated
  ones do.
Not sure about that. Right or wrong he is still revered by many as the saviour of China. When you have been to visit as many different homes as I have you will be surprised at the number of souvenirs there are to him on show. 

You may have George Washington but there are more people supporting the Chairmen HERE alive TODAY than have EVER lived in the USA since the wealthy George W took over from the English George. What changed for the people of USA since then? What has changed for the people of China since then?   You work out who has done more for the people!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline maxx

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 11:27:07 pm »
Guy's I'm not to comfortable where this discussion is going.You are treading on politics.And that is not what we are about.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 04:06:07 am »
Guy's I'm not to comfortable where this discussion is going.You are treading on politics.And that is not what we are about.
Myself I thought that it was anything Chinese including modern history but if it is not allowed then I will desist and return to my favourite topic which is...........!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 09:35:11 am »
   Yea you are right it is going to become a political thread so I to will tone it down. Just get tired
   of Willy putting down everything NOT Chinese.  8)

Not quite everything not Chinese! Not Canada, not European, Not South America, not Africa, Not Australasia, Not Middle eastern Hmm! now what does that leave?

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner