Author Topic: Sichuan - again not a place to be  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Sichuan - again not a place to be
« on: July 12, 2013, 12:55:04 am »
Yet again a disaster has struck Sichuan. This time in the form of massive mudslide and floods.  They are suggesting that a dam was formed by the last earthquake and that has burst but they are unable to confirm this as yet.

Over 120,000 people affected in many townships. The mountains are just running with water and although quite a few have died there is not actual figures available because as soon as a road is opened it is blocked again with mud and water.

Although it is cool up there in the summer I think I would prefer the heat where I live without doubt.   I think that this should be one Province to by-pass when looking for a wife!

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Re: Sichuan - again not a place to be
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 06:23:26 pm »
Although it is cool up there in the summer I think I would prefer the heat where I live without doubt.   I think that this should be one Province to by-pass when looking for a wife!

Willy

Oh Yeah !!!!...so you think maybe I should send my Sichuan wife back to Chengdu..... :( :( :(

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Sichuan - again not a place to be
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 09:53:48 pm »

Willy

Oh Yeah !!!!...so you think maybe I should send my Sichuan wife back to Chengdu..... :( :( :(
Definately not David. You keep her safe and well in a loving home in OZ.

They certainly have more than their share of natural disasters in that province though and yet a lot of city dwellers still buy homes in the mountains to get away from the city heat.  I think the Chinese have a more philosophical outlook than me.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,