Author Topic: My search  (Read 62028 times)

Offline maxx

Re: My search
« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2013, 09:53:29 am »
Jim yes you can buy a guitar in China.You can buy just about anything in China.And it is usually allot cheaper.But buyer be ware more so in China.Allot of cheaply made products. Allot of price gouging since you are a foreigner.Pick out what you want.Tell your lady what you want to buy.Then just leave and go look at something else.Your lady will bargen with the merchant.and get you a much better price.Then you would be able to get.

Offline shaun

« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2013, 10:11:29 am »
When I went to the local music store in Shaoguan I played guitar with one of the employees.  He is a teacher there and I would go back every few days to play.  He was excited to play American music with an American.   I never bought a guitar but have a lot of fun every time I go there.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2013, 11:27:30 am »
If your worried about quality or return ability then use Amazon.
They have a distribution center in Guangzhou and things usually arrive the next day.  I have an account there and buy stuff from the USA and have it delivered to my daughter in Guangzhou. 

http://www.amazon.cn/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_2?__mk_zh_CN=%E4%BA%9A%E9%A9%AC%E9%80%8A%E7%BD%91%E7%AB%99&url=search-alias%3Dtoys&field-keywords=%E5%90%89%E4%BB%96&sprefix=%E5%90%89%E4%BB%96%2Caps%2C760&rh=i%3Atoys%2Ck%3A%E5%90%89%E4%BB%96

You can get a guitar from the very cheap to the very expensive.
Across the top of the page you will find.
5星级 4星及以上 3星及以上 2星及以上 1星及以上
That stands for the rating of the guitar. 5 is 5 star, 4 is 4 star etc.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 11:36:27 am by Pineau »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2013, 08:17:59 pm »
My guitar has traveled. It has been with me to India, West Africa and now it is back home where it was made in China.  It survived the traveling even though its case got battered.

Willy
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 12:12:33 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2013, 02:32:48 am »
Willy , did it get battered on both sides .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

• Board Moderator
« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2013, 12:13:40 am »
Willy , did it get battered on both sides .

Outside but not inside.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline JustJim

« Reply #141 on: September 14, 2013, 09:41:01 pm »
Hi Everyone...

I got my Visa back today.  Thanks for all of your help in this process.  The funny thing is that I did not use VisaRite like you all suggested.

When I did try to use VisaRite it was right at the time that the new 2013 form would be required and the VisaRite pdf had formatting issues and when I tried to fill it out the letters that I entered were all over the place.  There were too many spaces between some letters and other letters were on top of each other.   

I am sure that they have that fixed by now but I was not going to wait for them.  I did a search and found A. Briggs Passport and Visa Expeditors.

www.abriggs.com

the whole experience was wonderful.  Very professional, the forms worked properly, they even sent me a FedEX label.  All I had to do was drop it off at a FedEX location.  If I had a FedEx envelope I could have just put it in a FedEX drop box. 

And the best part is that they have an online form that I filled out that prompted me when I missed something.  It was impossible to leave something out.  I sent proof of my plane tickets, and my gal, Mei, went to the hotel I am staying at and got them to send me a confirmation of my reservations, so I sent that along also.

I got it back in a very timely manner, and in the process of filling it out I called their 800 number a couple of times with silly questions, which they handled very well.  And when I thought that I should pay the extra fee to have it processed quicker the operator reassured me that I would have it in time just using the regular service.

Anyways, I give them an A +, and if anyone wants to use them I can assure you that my experience with them was very good.

Two weeks to go....    thanks everyone....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:22:06 pm by JustJim »

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #142 on: September 14, 2013, 11:08:56 pm »
I had one date doubled over itself with Visarite, but it didn't cause a problem. I had good service also.

Offline ChinaBound

• guilin bound
« Reply #143 on: September 15, 2013, 12:00:07 am »
  And soon the journey will begin ;D

Offline JustJim

« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2013, 09:00:40 pm »
A funny thing happened on QQ this morning.

Mei loves to show me pictures and it seems to me that the Chinese way of life revolves around food.  She is always showing me pictures of food.

Anyways, her brother has some sort of a farm, and she was showing me pictures of zucchini, and fish that they had netted, and then , there it is, a picture of two cats in a cage... ;D ;D

I kind of asked her about that and she just texted "Sorry" but I am not sure what she meant by that.

Anyways, I thought it was funny.  I know that I read somewhere here that the Chinese will eat anything.  I guess this was my moment to really find that out.

I think it is important to have a good sense of humor... ;)  Cat will be off the menu when she comes to America...actually I am hoping that it is off the menu when I am in China... :o
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 09:03:46 pm by JustJim »

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2013, 09:53:49 pm »
Chinese WILL eat anything and everything.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2013, 12:44:10 am »
Just remember there was a time when they HAD to eat anything they got their hands on to survive. Thankfully for the majority those days are gone but as the say old habits die hard.

Just learn one thing when you are there. If you do not recognise what you are eating then it is best that you do not ask.

I have one rule - no head, no feet.  There is no way that I will join the fight to get the first eyeball from an fish that may still be wriggling on the plate!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2013, 10:44:42 am »
Anything with wings except an airplane.
Anything with legs except a table.
All of the pig except the squeal.

My son is in Shenzhen at the moment and they put him to the foreigner test. Served up some chicken feet and durian.  To their amazement he ate them both. He made a lot of friends that day.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline JustJim

« Reply #148 on: September 24, 2013, 08:58:03 pm »
I will do my best...  I used to be a more finicky eater but now I will try new things and I like things I did not used to like.  But I did tell her - no cat for me... ;D

Anyway I leave for China tomorrow night, and I am so busy packing and taking care of last minute details - paying bills, making sure everything will run without me, etc.

I barely even have time to write here but I did not want to leave everyone out.  I will post from China if I have time and I will try to take pictures.  I am usually very bad about taking pictures - but Mei takes a lot.

I have mixed feelings - perhaps because I have taken everyone's advice to heart, and while I hope things go great I know there is the possibility that they might not.  I guess what I feel is grounded in reality.  I want to meet this person I have been chatting with and really get to know her.

Thanks everyone...   I am about as prepared as I can be.

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2013, 11:13:01 pm »
I will do my best...  I used to be a more finicky eater but now I will try new things and I like things I did not used to like.  But I did tell her - no cat for me... ;D

Anyway I leave for China tomorrow night, and I am so busy packing and taking care of last minute details - paying bills, making sure everything will run without me, etc.

I barely even have time to write here but I did not want to leave everyone out.  I will post from China if I have time and I will try to take pictures.  I am usually very bad about taking pictures - but Mei takes a lot.

I have mixed feelings - perhaps because I have taken everyone's advice to heart, and while I hope things go great I know there is the possibility that they might not.  I guess what I feel is grounded in reality.  I want to meet this person I have been chatting with and really get to know her.

Thanks everyone...   I am about as prepared as I can be.

Jim, here is the most important advice... Have fun while you are there!  Don't worry so much, and enjoy your time there!
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.