Author Topic: Other views and ideas on immigration  (Read 2011 times)

Offline shaun

Other views and ideas on immigration
« on: August 18, 2013, 08:43:20 pm »
I met a husband and wife today. He is an American and she is Chinese.  I was surprised by the way she came to America.  It is completely different that what we understand.  I don't want to say what they are doing since they have an interview for permanent residence very soon and we know there are eyes that look at this site.

My question is this.  Are there other sites that talk about differing ideas on how to bring a wife to America?  I know about Visa Journey but I am looking for others.  I want to see if there is something I can glean from them.

I didn't agree with their method but the end result is that I was talking to her face to face in America so they must have done something right.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
Re: Other views and ideas on immigration
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 09:57:35 pm »
Immigration processes so many cases, without mentioning names, I doubt they would put 2 and 2 together. 

That said, every day someone tells me they've got a great idea.  Get her a working visa.  Get her to come to Canada on a tourist visa.  Bring her to the USA and drive her home.  I don't think there's a plan I haven't heard.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 11:17:03 pm »
To answer your question Shaun, as long as the immigrant enters with a legal visa of any kind ie; student, work, or tourist they can marry a citizen, file an I-130 and adjust status within the USA. Does not matter how long they have overstayed their original visa since an overstay is forgiven since they are marrying a US citizen. The only visa that can really throw a wrench in that route though is a fiancee visa because the beneficiary can only marry the person that petitioned them so if they decide to marry someone else they can not adjust status and receive a green card.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 11:46:47 pm »
I know someone  here that came to America under a legit VISA. After her arrival she went to the embassy and filed for protection from China and the one child laws. Since she plans to marry someday and raise a family she was allowed to stay. She has been here for three years so far and last I heard she had an American boyfriend.  This legal way to enter and stay in the USA worked for her.  I am sure there are many more legal ways to do the same thing if you know about them.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:49:01 pm by Pineau »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline maxx

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 11:53:28 pm »
Shaun you mite try candle for love.They are basically the same as us.They do have a few posts.About how to get your wife or girlfriend here.

With the people you met.My guess is that like Robert said.Is that the lady was already here on another type of visa.The last time I payed attention to the official government website.Said that if the lady was here.And she got married.Or wanted to change her visa status.That she would have to go back to China.And jump threw all the hoops again from China.

In the last couple of years.I have learned that this is not always the way it is done.I know a waitress at a Chinese restraint.Who came over on a student visa.She then overstayed the visa.And disappeared into the wilds of China town in San Fransisco.Then she reappeared in New Mexico.And applied for a work permit.With a plan down the line to file for a permanent green card.So she hired a lawyer.And went back to San Fransisco about every 6 months.To go to immigration hearings with her lawyer.

She met a American man while working at the restaurant.They have ben running around together for the last six months.She stopped working at the restaurant.And moved in with the man.The rumor mill from the restaurant has the woman pregnant.So if she can hide out for another 6 months.and have that kid in the states.She will be automatically granted citizenship.Because the kid was born here.And she will be married to the American.I can't see the government keeping the kid and booting her out of the country.Until she gets her visa straightend out.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:55:04 pm by maxx »

Offline shaun

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 04:26:36 am »
All of this is interesting.  The couple in question said that Peggy should go to another Consulate and file for a visitor's visa.  They said she should say that she isn't married but she is visiting her sister and then me.  Once she is here she should change her status.  Peggy said this won't work because she is already in the computer and her name would come up in another city.  I agree with her assessment.

I don't think we should lie to the Consulate ever.  The person in question also said that she must have some red flag on her name.  Possible but I don't know how to overcome it if there is a red flag.

So far we are at K-1: denied.   Visitor Visa: denied.   We will, at some point, file for a CR-1 visa.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 04:46:08 am by shaun »