Author Topic: Mid Autumn Festival on QQ  (Read 1703 times)

Offline IrishGuy65

Mid Autumn Festival on QQ
« on: September 18, 2013, 08:53:58 pm »
Talking to Lisa.  We are chatting and she wants to say Happy Mid Autumn Festival.  QQ won't allow her to send it.  She tries many times, without success.  She can send anything else, and she can receive when I send it to her.  I had her type is wrong (Happy Mid Autunm Festval), and that came through fine.  Whenever she types Mid Autumn Festival, it can't be sent.

Anyone else have this problem today?
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
Re: Mid Autumn Festival on QQ
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 09:02:36 pm »
I dont have a problem with QQ at this time.....

My only problem is how to (again) face the prospect of eating a Moon Cake...which to me, tastes like a cardboard sandwich stuffed with sawdust...plus I have to eat duck (Chinese style) for dinner and this means microscopic bits of meat, clinging to a lot of bones and a lot of fat !!!!!!!

Things we do  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 09:17:30 pm »
I have woken up today to an array of Mooncakes.  They come in all shapes and sizes and made from so many different ingredients, even white iced ones. I hear that there are also ice cream ones but have not tried them yet.  Although I like then I will restrict the intake as the filling is very fattening. ::)

I actually quite like a quality mooncake in fact I enjoyed one for breakfast yesterday morning as the sirens blared out over the country for five minutes at 9.18 am to herald the 82nd anniversary of Japan invading what is now Shenyang.  >:(

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 09:55:47 pm »
I have tried mooncake anf found the ones I have tried are too sweet for my taste.  Lisa warned me they would be too sweet.  She was right, and she knows me very well.

Offline shaun

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 04:22:57 am »
I am trying my first one this evening. ???

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 07:20:29 am »
I think I tried one at Chong's house a while back.  Until then, I had never had one.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 07:40:51 am »
Talking to Lisa.  We are chatting and she wants to say Happy Mid Autumn Festival.  QQ won't allow her to send it.  She tries many times, without success.  She can send anything else, and she can receive when I send it to her.  I had her type is wrong (Happy Mid Autunm Festval), and that came through fine.  Whenever she types Mid Autumn Festival, it can't be sent.

中秋节快乐

My wife sent me that message when she woke up.  I wonder why your wife's qq would censor that phrase?  odd.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 09:15:31 am »

中秋节快乐

My wife sent me that message when she woke up.  I wonder why your wife's qq would censor that phrase?  odd.

Just in English, which is even funnier.  She was able to send it in Chinese no problem.  She tried 10 different times, LITERALLY.  This was from her phone.  From the computer, no problem.  What's even funnier is this... every time she tried to send and it failed, she would send me a screen shot.  So, she couldn't send the phrase, but she could send the screen shot of the failed message... just funny.  Every message with that phrase wouldn't go through yesterday.  Today... no problems.  Odd, yes, but more funny than anything to me.