Author Topic: Sending gifts(non flowers) to lady in China, what are the postal rules?  (Read 1194 times)

Offline yoshiii

• Trust no one Mr. Moulder
Hello

I want to send a CD walkman or iPod to a lady in China and I went to the Post Office today to check what the regulations are but they could not give me a clear answer.
Does anyone know if we are allowed to mail these items to China?

Thanks

Help

Vince G

yoshiii / Shawn, Welcome to this site. There is no problem sending either.

True that it most likely came from there but the rules are different for a company shipping a product out. (much easier for them)
I don't recall where you are located but by the power of knowledge of the Post Office it sounds like the US. :huh:
You can ship it Fed Ex, or UPS, it's better and faster then the mail. (They ship it Fed Ex too) Pack it up good, label it in english and Chinese, Make sure the address is correct. Last name first. There are many places where you can send it from. UPS has stores. Fed Ex has also, Kinko, office depot, and even some independent shipping stores. Insure it. There is a green tag that will be stuck onto it, a customs tag stating the content (electronic) Cost? in the $30.00 range.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 07:45:11 am by Vince G »

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Chinese customs will reject any electronic good made in China strange as that sounds. That said i sent an electronic photo album to Ling via Fedex and it got though. They obviously dont open all packages and I sent it via my employer so they probably thought it was something made here in Ireland. Its a chance you take i suppose.
Also when sending stuff I print out the address in English and Chinese and stick that to the package.
However using chinaroses its only necessary to put the address in English characters.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.