All About China > Understanding Chinese Women

Still Learning

(1/2) > >>

mpo:
 :)

Pineau:
Is she lactose intolerant?  If that is her problem there are enzyme tablets available in every grocery store that can make all milk good to her.

maxx:
Most Chinese people I know are lactose intolerant.My wife always buys soy milk.Or the brand name Silk.As for rice my wife buys a 25 pound bag at Sam's club.It is grown in Thailand.I don't think it is sticky rice but she seems to like it.

Arnold:
... that's a "Sticky" situation? For Qing though, she likes Japanese Rice over Chinese (guess eating it for five years in Tokyo), but I introduced her now to brown rice & wild rice and she loves them. Anyway, when it comes to rice.. I really let her choose. For cereal/cooking we use "Regular" milk, but for drinking it's Soy Milk made fresh each time at home. For the cheese part, it is strange? She likes "White" Jack and Swiss, but does not like any "Yellow" cheddar or a mix with such. It really is easy for us, hence she is the main Cook (and a great one too).. I let her decide. If I feel like yellow or goat cheese with crackers, I'm on my own and I don't let it bother me while enjoying it myself. "Goat Chesse" near Qing= Priceless face!

Pineau:
Maxx, I think you are right. Many I know  are lactose intolerant including Fiona. But it doesn't matter to her. She likes USDA whole milk. It sends her to the bathroom but she still likes it. She does not like Soymilk so much and neither do I. Almond milk is really good on cereal and she likes it but man it is expensive.

That I why I purchased the lactose tablets.  They are getting cheaper every year. Kirkland brand (available at Costco, kings super and Amazon ) is the cheapest I have found. $21 for 180 tablets. 

As for rice, all my Chinese friends swear that Thailand rice is the best and Fiona agrees. (its not sticky so I guess not all Chinese like sticky rice)

They have to have a taste of home. That is Fiona's biggest regret is giving up Guangzhou food.  I also agree that what ever they want to eat BUY IT. I remember how miserable I was in China looking for something that remotely tasted like American food.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version