All About China > Understanding Chinese Women

Still Learning

<< < (2/2)

maxx:
Gerry my wife is so lactose intolerant that she cant have  milk in anything she eats.If she do's she is going to be sick all night long.Three of are two boys drink whole milk all the time.It doesn't bother them.Yes the almound milk is expensive.But they all seem to like it.So we get some everytime we go to the Asian market.

shaun:
This thread should be pinned near the top of the section.  I might be able to find it when I need it.

Willy The Londoner:
A few years ago I did make the mistake of trying to cook rice the same way as I did in the UK before coming here.  That turned out just as 'sticky' as hers. I then insisted that we only buy pre packaged rice in those large bags but it always turns out the same.  But I now understand what they are feeling for when they are running their hands through those large open containers of rice in the Supermarkets!  I just wonder if the wiping of their nose on the back of their hands before reaching the rice sections adds any flavour or not?

I always though that they served up 'sticky' rice at home and in restaurants as it is easier to handle with chop sticks.   ;D  Well it is for me. ::)

I use 2 litres of milk a week and my wife drinks those little packets of flavoured milk produced from peanuts and such.   I am not into the vegetarian or fish diets that prevail here.  I like a small amount of meat every day or fillet fish but never fish off the bone I cannot stand fish with bones, never have eaten it and never will, So you can be sure that it will not be me that dives in to get that fish eye first! :o  Plus chopped up chicken and bones is also a no no.

My wife does not like Western food and when we go to the UK she loses something like 10lb in weight and as she only weighs 100 lbs to start with that is a big loss.  :o   So much so that when I make a visit to the UK early next year then I am taking our eldest daughter with me and my wife stays at home.  At 26 she is more tolerant of Western Food.

Willy

JustJim:

--- Quote from: Pineau on November 24, 2013, 04:19:40 pm ---I remember how miserable I was in China looking for something that remotely tasted like American food.

--- End quote ---

BAKED GOODS   !!!    They have no idea how to bake breads in China.  I never did find a good roll, or a good piece of bread.   Anyone here tried Bread Alone products?   Oh man, mouth watering good.

I love a good loaf of bread.  I should probably bring some with me when I go because it is going to be four weeks without if I don't.

Willy The Londoner:
I get a loaf of bread three times a week. The only problem, but maybe a good thing, is that there are no additive to make it last longer.
You need to search for a good baker and you will be surprised at the different types you can buy.

Our best baker is adjoining the Justco Japanese owned supermarket.

Either find one or bring over a bread maker machine with you.

Willy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version