Author Topic: Okie in China  (Read 3210 times)

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
Okie in China
« on: June 07, 2009, 11:45:09 am »
My myspace pictures ^_^ not all of them mind you just some at the moment.
Pictures

Was not going to post about my trip but why not, maybe I'll say something to ease someones mind.

The girls are real, I have met several of them now.

Boy meets girl, they take a trip, Huang Long, Jiuzhaigou, Chengdu and various other places over about 6 days, girl turns out to be more neurotic than any of boys ex wives, luck of the Irish as per usual.

So ya everything hit the fan after the 3rd day upon my arrival to this beautiful country. Beautiful girl treats him very well but nothing ever came of this relationship because how she carries herself with others.  We made a decision around this time that we are just friends so all is good, we finish trip and on a happy note boy makes sure his friend gets English lessons. She will find one of you and make a wonderful companion just not for me.

Back to the drawing board, still have a job interview in Beijing, going to the agency to meet someone? Ya why not, so I get to the agency, just set down to talk with the boss (and the real boss his wife haha) He found it appropriate and hilarious, so did she, the other employees were reluctant to laugh for a minute.  The Nanning agency is superb, small, but very good, so they had me look at profiles and such, then the boss wanted to introduce me to someone 22 years  old, then I protested at her age a little bit, and then spent some time explaining.  So he and his wife spent a while looking at the girls I had chose and narrowed things down from there, then they both decided to go off in a completely different direction based off of me and the girls they know personally. Tomorrow is a new day.

This country is beautiful I have gone to many places, eaten many types of food (some I am reluctant to scare you with fragile stomachs).  Needless to say I have eaten everything put in front of me.  Scorpions are not half bad once you get to like the flavor.  All milk is served hot, goat and cow.

Words of advice with your girl.  Eat EVERYTHING, if she insists you eat more do so, do not be a punk.  This is her way of providing for your health, if you do not like something just say so. If she is nagging at you about something listen it is very important to her.  Buddhist, Taoist temples, follow her lead, maybe you will light a candle, maybe you will be beside your girl doing something you never imagined, just do, if your religious sensibilities cannot handle this I highly suggest making it very clear you will not go into a Buddhist temple. Always smile, always tell her she's beautiful.  Oh ya if you cannot handle extremely hot spicy food do not go to Sichuan you will die hahaha ^_^ Interesting tidbit go to Pizza Hut it is slightly different in China and worth the visit, decent coffee.

Still havin fun still in China.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:41:26 am by Jadams79 »
Can't fix stupid.

Vince G

RE: Okie in China
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 01:09:29 pm »
Good story, I liked it. More please. :icon_biggrin:

Arnold

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 01:21:24 pm »
Enjoyed it very much , please keep us updated ones in a while .
Treating your Lady ... you got it my Man , pay attention to her feeling's NOT just your's . Good Job , Jadams709 :icon_arrow::icon_arrow::icon_arrow::icon_arrowu: your moving in the right direction .

Martin

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 02:05:49 pm »
Well...I am going to be just like everyone else and say...keep the posts coming!  Great update.  Thank you.

Offline Peter

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 04:56:57 pm »
Good luck with your choice..
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Okie_Rob

• ???
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 10:35:45 pm »
hey! Jared ... I was wondering about you?... since we last talked ...  sorry about your lady ... but I know you are so Positive .. that now a new challenge is in store ..  sounds like the agency is trying .. and they do have a lot of ladies .. and now the fun has just begun .. for they will be at your choice!
Keep us informed .. and the best to you!!! .. just make your new lady "squeal like a school girl when presented with a new training bra"...rest of you guys....just an "Okie talent, exclusive only to native Okies" Jarad will know.... ha ha!!:icon_cool:
"USA, Wise Up!"  "美国,明智了! " "China has" " 中国有"

Offline Jadams79

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 04:52:50 am »
Quote from: 'Okie_Rob' pid='5118' dateline='1244428545'

.. just make your new lady "squeal like a school girl when presented with a new training bra"...rest of you guys....just an "Okie talent, exclusive only to native Okies" Jarad will know.... ha ha!!:icon_cool:

To bad there are no freezers in China I could really make this come true
:icon_evil: muwhaaaahaah, ok bad memories from my youth never freeze the cheerleading squads uniforms.

Was to lazy to buy a new phone rob sorry LOL phone #6 for the year went swimming,  but the lady I meet tonight speaks some english and is a little older than me, now just the requirement of billionaire father......

Im more nervous than a father on prom night with triplet virgin daughters.  Mwuahahahaha  No I dont need any advice on how to go on a date thank you!.  I even had my clothes washed today :P
Can't fix stupid.

Offline Danny

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 06:58:04 am »
Now that's a really good story. You handled yourself  really well. There's a middle way between ecstasy of success and the nightmare of failure, who would have known! *smiles*

Offline Jadams79

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 10:04:44 am »
I start my departure of China tomorrow.

Success and failure share the same lessons, just the failures are the only things we remember.  Murphy can @#$%, well if you are not familiar with Murphy's law then you probably will not understand.

Was my trip a failure?  No, by no means, I have had a wonderful trip, being able to speak tourist Mandarin and then some, having a decent translator (btw stop buying these on E-Bay got the newest one for less than $200 in China)  :P Besta.  Be careful and bring a laptop in case the Dictionary corrupts. (first hand lesson here gentlemen)  Study your Chinese well, you will need it (if you refuse to learn Chinese, good luck you will need some)

Simple fact: 160 or so letters to determine now, my girl and I were not designed for each other.  She wants to see me off tomorrow, so this should go well..... I do not feel ill of her, she underestimated the difficulties.  

There are many things I could say I would have done differently, there are many ways things could have gone, but things happen for a reason, and its to understand the question that is the hard part. ^_^

I am completely happy, nothing could really be better, not leaving with my lady on my arm, but we cannot have everything we want in life can we?  I have made more friends in the last couple of weeks, than can possibly last a life time.  This country is not easy to get around, so do not kid yourself, learn, observe, respect and for god sakes the 24 hour rule ^_^.  

Buy a translator and a Chinese cell phone as soon as your little foreign legs hit the ground, be in touch with your translator, have mobile QQ installed on the phone in case of difficulty.  Eat until you explode, treat your lady with the respect she deserves, at least 10 times a day remind her she is beautiful, learn the words, learn her name, learn her pet name.  And NO long trips away from civilization (I think the paramount of my failure was not putting my foot down a little on our overzealous trip).

Agency P608 is legit, 100% top notch people, damn hard to find initially in Nanning but very good people.  Yes, sometimes words are translated wrong, I have seen the systems they use, but translate Chinese once for yourself and see sometimes there are at least a dozen words in English for one word in Chinese.  Sometimes things get fluffy read through the madness of 2 languages, not direct english connotation.  When in doubt go to mdbg.net and see the difference in translation.  I was shown some very nifty software and I am currently trying to find useful versions.

I am planning the path less traveled, the ladies that were chosen for me to meet and I chose to meet now are for a reason.  Will any of them work out?  I hope, but this does not change a thing, I have had a wonderful trip. Currently awaiting responses from family members ^_^

In closing:
Boys stop screwing around and get your lazy AmeAusCanEurIriScandinavian (alphabetical order no favoritism here sorry if I missed someone) butts to China.  Work overtime, max your credit cards, go see your ladies.  Because your trip cannot go any worse than mine LOL!  And I enjoyed it, would do it again, and am definitely coming back soon!

Stop all the griping its giving me a headache.

Pictures
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:42:10 am by Jadams79 »
Can't fix stupid.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 10:16:38 am »
I'm glad to hear you came back with some good memories and made the best of the trip.

What's the plan now? Any new ideas how to proceed? Things to consider when finding that next lady? Do's and Don't for your next trip?
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline Jadams79

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 10:34:37 am »
Quote from: 'Ed Watson' pid='5234' dateline='1244556998'

I'm glad to hear you came back with some good memories and made the best of the trip.

What's the plan now? Any new ideas how to proceed? Things to consider when finding that next lady? Do's and Don't for your next trip?

Pictures

Plan right now, tomorrow wine and dine with the Japanese.  And wait for some responses from ladies mothers, sisters and various other family.  

Proceed, regaining composure and one foot forward.  No other way.

Nothing to really consider I found girls we have chemestry now I must choose, and the families the idea of me.  

Staying away from all western food next trip screws with your body its a nice change of flavor with a cost for me, like loosing 3 pounds in a matter of 1 day LOL.  

Staying in hotels that do not have Engish speaking staff, its a lot more entertaining and I learn more Chinese by necessity.

Funny thing is I like a type of tea from Japan that is extremely expensive in the states, and not very cheap in China, stick to green tea with your lady she will apprecate you for it :icon_cheesygrin: Won't do this again.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:39:35 am by Jadams79 »
Can't fix stupid.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 10:50:44 am »
A terrific post with positives all the way as you have noted anyone who has not visited knows nothing , it is a country of truly where old , is meeting the new headon and capitalism is very much alive , and racing ahead .
As you say jump on a plane and be pleasantly surprised , just allow time , and connect with the agencies .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Jadams79

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 11:13:05 am »
Back stateside, first time I have ever really been depressed leaving a vacation.  I tried to arrange with my work another week to stay in China but they threated my contract so I had to return home :(  

Met a couple of really nice ladies we have chemistry, now just to speak with them for a little while.

Guys, seriously take the chance even if nothing comes from your relationship as long as you go prepared it is a great vacation.  Yes heartbreaking if things do not go as planned, but none the less a wonderful time.

The agencies are friendly and nice, if things do not go well with your agency ask for a tour, fill your time with things to do.  There is so much to see and do it boggles the imagination.
Can't fix stupid.