Author Topic: Something I had to write  (Read 1891 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Something I had to write
« on: February 17, 2014, 07:29:52 am »
I hope you will understand that I had to write this and to send it somewhere where it would be understoof and honoured.

I have shared much with you guys and it helps to share this withyou....but I wish, wish, wish I did not have to.

I have had a long life, a good life....a lot of "normal" some real highs and some real lows......about normal I guess. I thought that at my age, with my "wisdom" and experience, very little could belt me into the gutter, could reduce me to helpless tears...

I got that dreaded knock at the door...2 policemen gently told me that my beloved Son-in-Law, Steve had been killed in a car crash.

Gone is the boy who was a close to me as if he was my biological Son, a Man who was one of the best...a friend, a wonderful Father to my 2 beautiful Grandsons and a Man who was the love of the life of my beloved Daughter.

To the drug crazed maniac who robbed us all of this Man....you Bastard...I cannot wish anything but total misery for you for the rest of your useless life.

You better keep looking over your shoulder after you get out of Jail (but probably you will get away with it under some pretense of a broken childhood or somesuch)...because I will be there.

Offline kenny

Re: Something I had to write
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 07:39:44 am »
David,

Very..Very sorry to hear this.

I never know the words at times like this but I will be thinking of you and your family.

Kenny

Offline maxx

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 08:20:47 am »
David I'm truly sorry to hear of your lose, My heart go's out to you and your's.

Maxx

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 11:29:58 am »
So sorry David. 
Deal with the anger and don't let it fester. But let it end with you.
There is no point in payback. You will only hurt Families. His, and if you go to far, yours.  Prayers are with you that you can sort it all out and find peace.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline shaun

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 04:03:26 pm »
David, I am really sorry to hear about your loss.  I can't say I know how you feel because I've never experienced what you are going through right now.  I have ministered to families that were going through it.  What I would tell you is that time heals wounds of the heart.  Take the time to process through that.  Don't rush through it don't cheat yourself of walking through the process.

There is an old saying what goes around, comes around.  He will get his.  Might I suggest for now that you focus on you and your family.  There is a lot of healing that needs to take place.  Hug those you love a little closer for a while.  And as always we're here to listen, support and help if need be.

Your friend,

Shaun

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 08:01:51 pm »
Years ago, I got a knock on the door too. While the news was devastating, it was a different situation from yours. I can certainly feel your pain and anger, and I am so sorry for your families loss.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 08:46:46 pm »
Sorry for the loss of your son-in law. Hopefully time will ease the pain for you and your family. You need to keep a clear head because your daughter and grandchildren will be looking to you for comfort and advice now and in the future. Please do not allow the anger to cloud your good judgement, karma will take care of him.

Robertt

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 10:31:33 pm »
Is seems so unfair...that the pillars of really good people often go so tragically early.

We pray that your heart will find peace.

Arnold

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 12:14:33 am »
... my Heart just dropped imagine such pain on top of all else you have gone through David. I also lost a Step-Son at age 28 and I can feel your pain/anger, as I saw first hand what my late Wife went through at that time.
There are really no words to ease the sickening feeling at hand, only the love from others will be of comfort.

Qing's and my thoughts are with you David and may it take some of the Hurt, because you shared this with us.... Friends/Brothers/pain in the rear and such.... here.

Vince G

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 08:16:36 am »
David, sorry to hear of your loss. It seems to be an everyday thing here. These drunk/high idiots give no thought to the consequent of their actions.

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 08:06:40 am »
David sorry to hear about your loss..But you need to 'think' about this...Your daughter and grandkids are the important ones...As some of the others have said..This lowlife will get his...long before you can do anyting, let the anger go, do not let it fester. I know yur not a religious person, but my prayers are with you and your family on this tragic loss....
Robbie
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline ChinaBound

• guilin bound
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 11:38:38 am »
    Sorry for the loss.  Retaliation would accomplish nothing, just more heartache.

Offline shaun

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 12:54:27 pm »
I think all of us missed the point, including myself.  David wasn't looking for advice.  I think he only wanted to vent and purge himself of the feelings.  If that is true then David I'm sorry for misunderstanding what you were doing.  But my thoughts and prayers are still with you and your loved ones.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 09:44:44 pm »
I think that Shaun has hit the right note with his last.

Having both received a similar message and been the delivery organ of many many, more where one has to tell someone that they will not be seeing their father, mother, son, daughter, husband or wife again I have seen the reaction to that news in many ways. I can understand, as will others, just what David was feeling when he wrote what he did.

The forum was one place where he could let his feelings out. Yes, he was not looking for advice and knowing David he was definately not looking for sympathy he was venting the anger that can explode in many ways  in such circumstances and he had an outlet for such a terrible occasion.

He is certainly wise enough to know just what he needs to do in the near and distant future.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 04:24:18 am »
You know, nothing is as devastating as loss of a loved one.  You can never see them smile at you...break bread with you, share conversations with you...that loss that can not be replaced.  It is so painful.  My prayers are with you and your family.  My deepest respects to his wife.  She will need your strength and wisdom to get through this ugly and devastating time.  Be there for her and allow the authorities to mete out his justice.