Author Topic: What changed?  (Read 1662 times)

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
What changed?
« on: March 05, 2014, 04:25:35 pm »
What Changed with BCIS standard processing time?

I was told recently by an immigration attorney that the whole process would take almost a full year for a K-1.  I went onto BCIS website and it seems that it is taking almost a full year.  Then I see the gentleman "Irish" who completed the whole process in a little over 5 months.  What gives?  He started the ball rolling by filing his I129 on Sept 25, 2013 and his woman had her consulate appointment successfully passed in Feb 25, 2014. 

What has changed?  Are there so few people applying these days that they have too many staff versus case load?  Did they change the software?  Have they changed regulations?  Did they add staff?  Any clues Gentlemen?

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
Re: What changed?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 06:42:07 pm »
I think it is a matter of luck and how thorough you are with the application and paperwork. My first Chinese wife was standing in my living room less than 4 months after I filed for a K-1.  The second time around it took a full 2 years.  Go figure.

Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline maxx

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 07:57:54 pm »
Allot of it has to do with what processing center it goes threw. Which is determined by where you live. Also you mite consider the lawyer you are using or in the Irish guys case what service provider your using. Robert knows his stuff. Robert doesn't have a long waiting list. So he can get your visa application filed quickly.

None of this makes any difference without the complete coperation of you and your lady. The quicker you can get all the paperwork to Robert or your lawyer the quicker this gets done.

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 08:55:52 pm »
I talked to an immigration lawyer at the start of my process.  She told me, basically, that you will be rejected if you use a K-1.  She said the best thing to do is have her come here on a tourist visa or visiting scholar visa or whatever, then marry her and apply for an AOS right away.  So, I came here, and talked to robertt.  I strongly urge anyone in this process to go to him (http://www.issoga.com) or send him a PM here or whatever, and use his services!  My processing was fairly quick, even with a RFE in there.  He knows his stuff, and he'll help you to have your petition package filled with all the right stuff.  I did a K-1 and K-2 for my fiancee and her daughter, and it was done very quickly.  In fact, she is going today to pick up the visa, as it has been delivered to her delivery location.  Because I'm buying a house and getting it ready, I am not ready for her to be here yet, so we are waiting for the house to be done.  I really didn't expect it to be this short, but I believe it was so fast because Robert was so thorough.

Again, I highly recommend him!!!!
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 08:59:05 pm »
Where was Robert when we first started this group?  He probably could have helped a few guys out that ended up waiting a long time.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 09:17:46 pm »
Where was Robert when we first started this group?  He probably could have helped a few guys out that ended up waiting a long time.

Actually Martin, I think I was around the 13th or 14th person to join this group back when it was on FaceBook. I spent most of my time back then working on my own case and learning the process. I didn't start handling visa cases until 2011 when I received my license.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 12:52:26 am »
I think lawyers are the same the world over.  Their advice can lead you into trouble and then they charge you an arm and a leg to sort out the problem, either successfully or not.

My advice is to go Robertt S to  (http://www.issoga.com) every time. He is the only one I have ever heard good regular feed back about.

The more often his URL is made public the higher his internet rankings will be - and well justified I say..

Rock on Robert

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,