Author Topic: Got it  (Read 1365 times)

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
Got it
« on: April 25, 2014, 03:32:47 pm »
Heh Fellows, my Beijing woman had her interview this week in Guangzhou and was in and out in 8 minutes.  I wish they had just mailed the K-1 to her and stopped the mental torture.  We applied for our K-1 on December 5th and she had her interview on April 22.  That is 4.5 months almost to the day.  That is incredible.  The immigration attorney i hired and USCIS website both quoted almost a year to complete a K-1 process. 

I had a previous K1 marriage but she passed away due to breast cancer.  So, it is why i hired an attorney.  I didn't want any red tape problems due to that issue.  Rong and i met on Internet almost 2.5 years ago.  I visited her 6 times.  My father died during this time so it was a major contribution as to why it took us so long to get to the application process.  I was his only surviving child.  I had made him a promise over the years that he would never see the inside of a nursing home.  It almost killed 3 of us trying to fulfill that promise.  He died of cancer but his main problem was dementia due to whole brain radiation.  Things like putting metal pans with water in the microwave to heat the water.  Asked why?  "I've been doing that for years.  What's the problem?"  We were golf buddies for 20 plus years.

So, American immigration changed their protocol dramatically.  All of the previous stuff went out the window.  They completely eliminated the 2nd stage.  Before you applied for the k1 and that was mostly biographical information...who is she...who are you...who are her parents...where do you live...what do you do..what does she do...what work do you two do.........Then if they approved that step it went next to the National Visa Center in Vermont.  Then they would request the financials and sign documents for support for her.  Then if they liked your financials they would send it to the embassy of her country.  They have completely redone that time swamp.  Now you send all of your financials to the fiance and she takes it to the embassy/consulate. 

She said she sat there for about 20 minutes and called her in.  Officer asked for the financials, police report, and medical exam report.  Then she was told to go sit and wait.  About 40 minutes later she was called in to speak to a woman officer.  8 minutes later she was granted her K1.  Questions asked were very simple...how did we meet, how many times I had been there, does he like Chinese culture, and was she given an IMBRA or EMBRA statement?  Then it was over with.

So, to you guys who lurk on this site or are actively in the process of securing your woman's k-1 or k-3 the nervous task of getting that has gotten better.  Robert S., although not my attorney, can get you through the process just as quickly as mine did.  I did not know about Robert S or i would have used him.  But he did provide me accurate information and did it without any hint of coinage being exchanged.  That is rare in today's world. 

I fly to Beijing on May 12th.  We will run down to Xi'an again for Yellow River Falls site seeing, Famen Temple (very old Buddhist temple), and the large ancient antiquities museum that rivals the uber class museums in Beijing like the National Museum and the Capitol Museum.  If you haven't visited them ...i will just say you should at first chance.  The Chinese glass and metal industries were far more advanced than Western, Greek, or Muslim  industries at similar times.  Highly recommend a visit to the museums.  You will not believe what beauty their artists were able to produce.  Never seen anything like it in my world travels.  Color, design, sophistication, and beauty of what they were capable of...blows me away...

I have a good woman and we fit very well with one another in our emotions and temperment.  We know each other very well.  We counted over 3000 letters via Internet between us in the last 2.5 years.  We QQ'd at least 4-5 times a week.  Her English skills are advanced because she is a manger in a pharmaceutical export company.  That is a huge plus.  She is 50 years old so not too huge of an age difference.  She is very fun lady to be with.  I will share with you one story to illustrate.  In January of 2013 i had not been to see her for almost a full year due to my father's demise.  So, we were very excited to see each other.  She sent me a picture of a nice winter jacket.  She said don't bring a jacket with you ...i bought you one.  I told her okay.  So, i got to Beijing and had no jacket.  I had sweatshirt and some long underwear.  She forgot the jacket.  So for a week i froze my Arse off.  We walked the Summer palace in freezing weather for almost 6 hours till i was literally shaking from deep freeze to the core...he he he.  I still tease her about that jacket.  Found out later that the jacket was for like a 12 year old kid.  I told her she must have gotten a really good price on it...smile..

Offline maxx

Re: Got it
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 05:28:39 pm »
Congratulations 2hip.I'm happy to hear that everything went well for you and your wife. Immagration has changed allot. When my wife went through it. It was 11 months. You spent all day there. The interview it's self was 10 minutes. And if your wife got the visa. You would go down to the post office and pick it up 3 days latter.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
Re: Got it
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 06:13:58 pm »
Great news. You and Irishguy have had the best luck so far I think . Both running around 4- 4.5 months.
Lucky guys.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE