Author Topic: New Ads  (Read 1837 times)

Offline shaun

Re: New Ads
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 10:37:02 pm »
Maxx,

I was where you are at until 2 days ago.  I would delete a little and then it would appear again.  So I purchased the Spybot-AV Home version for $13.99.  It wiped warjam out completely.  I haven't seen a virus or a Trojan in 2 days.  We'll see if it continues but my initial thoughts are it is worth the $13.99 a year spent.

I run it live.  I also scan everyday just to make sure and the threats are staying away.  The Spybot-AV takes about 49 minutes to run while Free Spybot is finished in 20 minutes.  But the AV version catches a lot more than the free one.   The thing I don't like is that t takes longer to download video's to watch but the trade off is that they are free from any virus or Trojan so I tolerate the slower speed.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 11:25:59 pm »
One other thing I thought I would throw out here, if you use a large carrier such as AT&T for your home phone and internet many times they offer anti-virus software free of charge with your services. I use AT&T U-Verse with my home phone and internet bundle and they offer McAfee Security Suite for up to 5 computers free of charge with my service. I did not find this out until after I had already renewed my subscriptions, but this will be good next year when renewal time rolls around.

Offline shaun

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 07:29:53 am »
Thanks Robert.  I have had AT&T for 5 years and not a word from them.  They've even helped me.  I have talked with their technical team in trying to resolve my issues with warjam.  They never mentioned that I could have free virus protection.