Author Topic: New Ads  (Read 1838 times)

Offline shaun

New Ads
« on: June 24, 2014, 11:39:03 am »
Sorry to say this Robert but the new adds appearing every time you click something is annoying me.  Every time I want to read a thread I get a full page ad that I have to click off.  It is mostly chnlove.com's ad.  Top of the screen is OK but going to a thread to read something is too much to me.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
Re: New Ads
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 11:56:53 am »
Sorry to say this Robert but the new adds appearing every time you click something is annoying me.  Every time I want to read a thread I get a full page ad that I have to click off.  It is mostly chnlove.com's ad.  Top of the screen is OK but going to a thread to read something is too much to me.

What ads? I am logged in now and see no ads. If anybody else is seeing these ads please send me the link to that specific page.  Thanks.

Offline kenny

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 01:29:59 pm »
I dont see them either

Offline maxx

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 03:19:14 pm »
Shaun you have a virus. It sounds like warjam. Your going to have to take your computer in and get it debugged. there is a bunch of virus protection out there that tells you that you can get rid of it all. But warjam is pretty potent stuff. even after you remove it from your registry. And your programs it is still there.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 05:12:50 pm »
Shaun, you might try doing a disk cleanup and delete any temporary files that are cached.

Offline shaun

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 07:42:28 pm »
AI did that a little bit ago with malwarebytes and trashed my computer.  Couldn't get onto the internet or anything.  I've recovered from that and will now delete things another way.   Funny this is the only site I am getting the ads on.

Offline maxx

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 08:23:33 pm »
It will spread given time.To where you will have adds on every web page. Check your firewall see if it is turned on. If it is off try to turn it back on. Let me know what happens

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 11:42:01 am »
I don't get ads either.

Offline shaun

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 12:37:24 pm »
For some reason malwarebytes became malwarebites and was not working well.  Realize I am doing a play on words please.  Malwarebytes simply stopped working for some reason and I got a few Trojans.  Ads gone now.  I downloaded the new Spybot and am somewhat pleased.  Seems like I have fixed most issues except I can't get onto facebook now.

Maxx I looked at wajam with spybot and it says it is friendly and isn't a Trojan or a virus.  According to Spybot it is friendly so I am not sure.  I did a google search on wajam and didn't find anything malicious about it.   Didn't find anything about warjam as you spelled it so I assumed you meant wajam.

Shaun

Offline shaun

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 12:15:15 pm »
Well after much work and consultation with computer experts it boiled down to one simple issue.  When Microsoft updated my software last week and little piece of malware called ad guardian attached itself to the Microsoft download.  It also kept triggering my proxy server causing me more issues.  Ad guardian would not delete and finally something found its way to me allowing me to activate google and yahoo browsers again and it got rid of the ad guardian and the proxy setting.  Now all is working again.

Whew.....    Now back to working on my daughters car.   Has anyone every tried to replace an alternator on a PT Cruiser?  I swear the best option is to blow the car up with dynamite.  I had to disassemble everything linkage wise including the half shaft to get the alternator out.  Now it looks like I got the full shaft in doing the work.   ::)

But my daughter still loves me.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:16:47 pm by shaun »

Offline maxx

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 02:36:10 am »
Shaun glad to hear it. Wajam is some nasty stuff I have a $ 600 dollar paper weight because of it. One of the tech guys here in town told me he starts at 75 a hour. And stops charging after 2 hours. Because he feels bad about taking your money. If he can't fix it in 2 hours.

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 03:27:59 am »
im getting the adds too and they are annoying, good to finally found this site again after a long absence, John.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 07:32:52 am »
im getting the adds too and they are annoying, good to finally found this site again after a long absence, John.

Check your computer for malware,adware,and spyware. I would also do a disk cleanup and delete all temporary files. You might also want to check the status of your anti-virus software if you have any installed to verify that your subscription is current and updating itself on a regular basis. I am not getting any ads when I come to this site.

Offline shaun

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 11:52:10 am »
John, Welcome back.  When I had my problem with advertisements my virus protection software had expired.  I finally settled with Spybot-AV.  AV is the pay version of spybot and has a lot more protection.  It works well but the aggravating thing is that it takes longer to watch videos because I have it scanning everything as comes to my computer.

Maxx nailed it with the warjam virus.  It piggybacked off of a Microsoft update to my computer.  Spybot-AV was the only thing I found that could delete all of it.  There may be others but I found Sypbot-AV first.

Offline maxx

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2014, 10:05:32 pm »
Shaun I'm happy to hear that you figured it out. I have Norton on the 600.00 paper weight. Warjam just eats Norton for breakfast everyday.My Norton is even the pay version. I also tried Revo uninstaller. It can't even find the program.

The good news spybot the free version takes a little out of it everytime you scan. But it is a slow process.A guy I know who works on computers wants to trade books for his work. So I may do that the jury is still out on the quality of his work. He locked up a guy's laptop last week. It took him 5 minutes to fix it. So we will see what happens this weekend.