Author Topic: Whats the cheapest way for her to call you?  (Read 3299 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Whats the cheapest way for her to call you?
« on: June 09, 2009, 02:29:29 pm »
I just love to hear my ladies voice so much! There is a mobile phone company here that allows cheap 3c a minute calls to China which is fine for me calling her.

Is there a call card or something I can get her to call me directly that will work in China?
Any of you guys used something like this to call back home when you were in China or got one for your ladies?
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline UK Mark

RE: Whats the cheapest way for her to call you?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 03:11:47 pm »
Ronan , I've come across this site http://www.cheapcallschina.info/ whilst i haven't tryed them myself yet , on the face of it the value looks good
Dreams can come true

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 03:33:22 pm »
Thanks Mark, actually its calling from China that I'm looking at cheap rates for. I'd like to get her a call card or something so she can call me directly from her mobile cheaply.

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 11:42:38 pm »
Ronan , the cheapest way for Vivian to call you ... is COLLECT . Hehe

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 11:54:51 pm »
Ha ha!, I like the pun :D
The collect call may take a while though!
I guess she can just text me when she wants to talk and i'll call her back, probably the most simple method.

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 12:28:57 am »
You know Ronan , Qing called me three time as of now , and I can only imagine what that cost's her , from her cell . Before I had a international plan , they wanted to charge me $ 239 for 24 minutes direct calling from my home phone . Never had to pay that tough , after raising hell with the Phone Co. . That was more than with an Operator , go figure ? I'm myself never text'd nothing yet , still using my late wife's cell from 2006 , no such thing on that phone . Use it only as a GO phone now . Do all my calling from the good ole landline . 11 cent's a minute to China , is not going to kill me .

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 12:40:37 am »
$239 for 24 minutes!!!!, that's scandalous! I think with phone companies it definitely worth shopping around.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 12:59:31 am »
Aha, I think we have a winner!!

http://www.rebtel.com/en/Rates/Rates/

Anyone used this service before?, looks really good value to me.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 01:34:56 am »
Irish, the cheapest way to call out of China is via a pay as you go mobile phone. Buy the phone for around 300 rmbs and top off with a couple of hundred rmbs when needed. It is free to call on the weekend hours alslo. Contact your girl and send the cash to start it going. The other methods are overly complicated. I personally could not live without a cell phone here. If you break down the cost you'de really be amazed how cheap it can be.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 01:49:22 am »
I actually have one of those from the last visit, its for for her to call me, I suppose I could just top it up and give her the phone to use when I come back here.
Can you top up online?, its a China Mobile prepay phone, I think Ling said it was 26RMB per month or something but I dont recall. Its funny as soon as I left China the phone wouldnt work I assume it because of some export protection or something. Would be good to top up the sim before i go there in case she cannot meet me at the airport or something

Offline China Shark

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 02:06:36 am »
Irish, I didn't have to pay any type of monthly fee at all. Just paid for the phone at Sunning and bought a sims card in Mei's neighborhood and then I top off 100 rmbs as needed. Cannot tell you if you can top off online but I imagine it would be difficult even if the text is in English. If you have the phone, send it to her in the mail and take it from there. Here is any even better solution, keep the phone and have her buy another prepaid to use to call you. If there is a snafu at the airport you will still have your old cell with a Chinese sims card.
Ronan, I think you are becoming way too Chinese. You seem to want to complicate even the simplest of things. You are assimilating Chinese ways very quickly, hats off to you yet slow down. What about skype isn't that free and doesn't that have an option for actual audio. Or does she not possess a computer.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Agarn

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 02:43:15 am »
Hi,  dosnt anyone here use yahoo massenger?  Im on broadband with my net supplier and pay a set monthly fee so if i wish i can talk all day at no extra cost, add to that a web cam, hey presto great comunication.
Even if she has no computer she can do this from a net cafe, they are cheap there

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 02:52:56 am »
Hi Agarn , yes would not be without my Yahoo , cam drops now and again at Yings end but always okay on reapplying , we use it for hours of a weekend and during the week for 2-4 hours every night .
 But use a phone card when she is singing so I can record , house phone to house phone , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Vince G

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 08:55:26 am »
Quote from: 'Agarn' pid='5293' dateline='1244616195'
dosnt anyone here use yahoo massenger?

I had a question about this a few weeks ago and didn't hear back from anyone? You can make calls from Yahoo Chat? and they ask for your cell # ? Do they charge your cell for these calls? So if I called china through Yahoo any idea what the cost is?

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 10:50:37 am »
Vince , on Yahoo I do not use chat , but use messenger which is live and has cam added no charge at all and I use a different carrier but there inbox is poor so now use yahoo for most of my comms as have unlimited storage and my inbox on there can sometimes have upwards of 50 emails for me to answer , mainly business or rude jokes from my daughter.
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info